• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Buff Crit Resist substat?

Kurokazeee

Reaction score
Why does crit resist work differently from the (piercing - defense) and (accuracy - resistance) interactions?

From my tests in game, it seems that crit resist is not subtractive from the enemy crit chance but is multiplicative. As in, if the enemy has 50% crit chance and I have 50% crit resist, the actual crit chance becomes 25% instead of 0%.

I feel that crit resist is one of the "weaker" or niche substats. It is quite hard to use effectively (see explanation below). The new substats are pretty great so far, every substat seems to have it's place in the meta. Crit resist was somewhat left out in the change.

I hope the developers will consider making crit resist the same concept as the rest of the substats in game where it is subtractive. Furthermore, it will also be nice if crit resist also resists the precision buff as there is currently no counter to that buff.

Explanation of the current 'problem' with the crit resist substat: one would need to get near 100% crit resist (a full 100 substat points) to actually feel like you can counter crit-based SA. The reason I am saying this is because reducing crit rate from 50% to 25% is not very effective to counter SA of i.e. Claw and order or No egrets since those characters have many hits and you only need to land one crit to refresh the 4-5 s or 10s long debuffs. I have tried TAF (75% crit resist by SA) and Claw and Order SA 'from scratch' still works pretty well even with 50% crit rate due to many hits of MissFortune. One clear proof of this is Buzzkill's bleed where the chance is a very low 10% but still feels very strong as an SA due to the 10s duration. This is exactly the same feeling for Claw and Order SA (blockbuster lock for 10s) even if crit rate is reduced to 5 or 10%.

A subtractive interaction will at least make it possible to block out these SA if the attacker doesnt invest in crit rate to the same extent where the defender invests in crit resist. Say if I invest 60% crit resist, now the Claw n Order user needs to get 70% crit rate to counter, rather than ignoring my crit resist. Currently, the defender should only invest in crit resist if he can get close to 100,% if he is aiming to block crit based SA. The attacker can get away with 50% crit and still quite reliably proc SA. With a subtractive interaction, the attacker needs to invest in crit rate to match the defender investment in crit resist to ensure SA proc which is more fair.