• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved Cerebella's Marquee Ability (issue with marquee or pummel horse)

vucaar

Reaction score
I realized that if you activate the Cerebella Marquee Ability, she can "drain" meter from the opponent, even if she/he doesn't have a drop of meter, like the following video:

So, let's take a look to the description of marquee:

'Throws drain 20% meter from the opponent's blockbusters' (Marquee lvl 1)

I guess it's a bug, because:

1. Description says 'drain' not 'gain', so Pummel Horse maybe could drain 20% of blockbuster meter from the opponent with each hit until there's no more meter, but, she stills 'gain' meter even when the opponent's meter is zero (You're hitting the opponent and she/he could gain meter, but I don't think the generated meter could be enough to fill 3 blockbusters).

2. Making a comparison with description of 'Vampire' modifier, Vampire gives you HP even when the enemy's HP is zero because the description of modifier says that you got HP by the inflicted damage and not from the opponent HP and...

3. Making a comparison with Diva Intervention SA, she can't 'get' more HP from a knocked out opponent because SA is about deal damage and recovery some HP and not because you only inflict damage or Sekhmet doesn't drain blockbuster meter if there's no meter (well, at least this is what I have seen, maybe Diva SA could generate from the void too).

Hope I can get more information about that.

i don’t think putting this in the “bug” section is appropriate because i think this is how the marquee was built - maybe the discussion section instead.
this marquee works like Mana Sap. Mana Sap drains blockbuster meter and keeps it at zero. however, hits give the opponent blockbuster meter. the result is that the opponent gets hit, gains blockbuster meter, but Mana Sap quickly kicks in and drains the meter to zero again. you can see it in action if you watch the blockbusters icon. i think this marquee works like that, where the hits give blockbuster meter and quickly take them back. but that’s just my interpretation!

Reactions: ALUni and PHPP
I'm almost positive that this is how it's supposed to work. Diva intervention's SA uses the word "drain" for meters as well and works similarly.

Reactions: ALUni and Inked
Ok, you give your point and I will try to discuss about that, and first we will have to look Mana Sap modifier:

Mana Sap= HITS drain the meter of all opponent BLOCKBUSTERS

Yeah, modifier tries to maintain meter on zero, but hits also generate meter so it's 'impossible' to get a zero on the meter, you're right in this way.

The problem with this, is the redaction or structure about marquee, it is wrong from my perspective, because it says 'drain' from opponent, so enemy must have at least some meter to drain, and record above shows an opponent with zero meter if you can say that and, if I remember well, pummel horse only causes meter gain on the first hit, the others hits doesn´t generate meter, so why is marquee generating meter from nothing wiith that hits? This is my problem, so even, if the other hits of pummel horse would generate meter, it's impossible to fill three blockbusters (and 1 unblockable)

Saying this, we have two ways:

1. Change the redaction of marquee, 'gain/win/get' instead of 'drain', it's simple and I wouldn't be complaining because it would have more logic in this kind of situations (Pummel Horse specifically).

Original: Throws drain 20% meter from the opponent's blockbusters

Suggested: Throws gain/win/get 20% meter.

Including the second part or marquee:
Throws gain and takes 20% meter from the opponent's blockbusters.

2. It's a bug with Marquee or Pummel Horse and needs a fix.

i don’t think putting this in the “bug” section is appropriate because i think this is how the marquee was built - maybe the discussion section instead.
this marquee works like Mana Sap. Mana Sap drains blockbuster meter and keeps it at zero. however, hits give the opponent blockbuster meter. the result is that the opponent gets hit, gains blockbuster meter, but Mana Sap quickly kicks in and drains the meter to zero again. you can see it in action if you watch the blockbusters icon. i think this marquee works like that, where the hits give blockbuster meter and quickly take them back. but that’s just my interpretation!

I think it's what @Inked said here, although both Diva Intervention and Cerebella seem to get more than they should from their draining at least when Diva uses the holding attack in sekhmet mode and when bella uses pummel horse.

Yeah, modifier tries to maintain meter on zero, but hits also generate meter so it's 'impossible' to get a zero on the meter, you're right in this way.

The problem with this, is the redaction or structure about marquee, it is wrong from my perspective, because it says 'drain' from opponent, so enemy must have at least some meter to drain, and record above shows an opponent with zero meter if you can say that and, if I remember well, pummel horse only causes meter gain on the first hit, the others hits doesn´t generate meter, so why is marquee generating meter from nothing wiith that hits? This is my problem, so even, if the other hits of pummel horse would generate meter, it's impossible to fill three blockbusters (and 1 unblockable)
All hits from pummel horse drain. And yeah it basically generates meter the way it is... I don't even know if those abilities works in foes without BB equiped but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I'll try to keep an eye out for this now. If they work regardless if BBs are equiped, then they should receive some rewriting along the lines of what you suggested. Considering how long Diva's ability has stayed the way it is, this probably isn't a bug so yeah, probably needs rewriting

EDIT: Gotta test out if they work on enemies without BBs, but at least against the ones that have it seems they will reduce the opponent's BB in 20%, these 20% are not based on a BB1,2 or 3 meter, it will depend on each one of their BB individually. And they will also raise your BBs in 20% per hit, so it's not a direct drain, but and indirect one. The word ''drain'' isn't completely incorrect, this is more of and understatement in the description than a mistake and, honestly, it's probably better to keep it that way instead of saying ''indirect drain'' or writing a text too big for the screen

Last edited:
I hope before 2.5 I could make all the possible tests about that, but first I will have to win coins and skill points because I sacrifice that Cerebella, and I will remove that 'Bug' tag, but if I discover something weird, I will put again the 'Bug' title.