• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Character relics

Noe Solorio

Reaction score
Anyone else a little Disappointed that you only get a 50% chance on getting a character from a specific relic? Out of the six cerebella relics I only got one cerebella. Which makes me sad. I really need her, even bronze ones would be ok.

How? Character relics always get that character variant.

Yeah I agree, the change from 100% down to 50% seems like it's a pure commercial reason. But this brings the cost of 150 gems per relic a bit high cos why not just buy a normal character relic? For those you get for free from story completions, yeah it does suck.

Not in ver 2.0. The rate is now 50%.

Not with the new update. No you only get a 50% chance of getting that character Verriant. Otherwise it will be random

Yeah I agree, the change from 100% down to 50% seems like it's a pure commercial reason. But this brings the cost of 150 gems per relic a bit high cos why not just buy a normal character relic? For those you get for free from story completions, yeah it does suck.

Not in ver 2.0. The rate is now 50%.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I figured I might as well just invest in normal relics. Otherwise I have no complaints with the new update

Reactions: JarlBeimar
I feel like it should be 75% chance to get the character relic character, and 25% chance to get a random other character
That woud definitly make character relics more appealing to purchase. For now i will stick to the premiere relics. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Yeah, not too thrilled about the change either. Just bought the Fighter Variety Pack and basically just got Valentines, Peacocks, and a Parasoul.

Reactions: Noe Solorio
This change is a major bummer. I bought a Double ten pack and got a bunch of Filias and Beowulfs. If I'm buying a Double pack, I want Double, not those characters.

Not with the new update. No you only get a 50% chance of getting that character Verriant. Otherwise it will be random
Oh, oohhh, OH NO I just realized I didn’t finish the valentine story before 2.0 and now my val relics are gonna be 50% getting Val and 50% who knows what! Oh no. Nooooo.

Oh, oohhh, OH NO I just realized I didn’t finish the valentine story before 2.0 and now my val relics are gonna be 50% getting Val and 50% who knows what! Oh no. Nooooo.
:( sorry to hear that! I was fortunate enough to finish all of the origin stories before the new update. That’s why I was a little upset with the cerebellar origin story coming out with 2.0 update. I hope you are still able to get some good characters Best of luck. We all will need it now more than ever LOL

Reactions: Luke
Hey guys! I'm sorry to hear this update upset you; the point of the change was stated as to make premiere relics more valuable (Hence the removal of exclusive fighters).

My personal opinion on the matter is that I'm glad; I've spent a lot of theonite on a large sum of beowulf relics, and getting left with a swathe of duplicate characters has been a major bummer. I take this relic patch as a fix for that issue to a degree, as well as making premieres much more valuable.

My recommendation is to treat character relics as niche buys; or as special rewards from character origin stories!
:( sorry to hear that! I was fortunate enough to finish all of the origin stories before the new update. That’s why I was a little upset with the cerebellar origin story coming out with 2.0 update. I hope you are still able to get some good characters Best of luck. We all will need it now more than ever LOL
I, uh, believe he was making a jest because Valentine is not in a great spot right now, haha.

Reactions: TRIX
Hey guys! I'm sorry to hear this update upset you; the point of the change was stated as to make premiere relics more valuable (Hence the removal of exclusive fighters).

My personal opinion on the matter is that I'm glad; I've spent a lot of theonite on a large sum of beowulf relics, and getting left with a swathe of duplicate characters has been a major bummer. I take this relic patch as a fix for that issue to a degree, as well as making premieres much more valuable.

My recommendation is to treat character relics as niche buys; or as special rewards from character origin stories!

I, uh, believe he was making a jest because Valentine is not in a great spot right now, haha.
That makes a lot of sense. I just feel that it puts newer players at a disadvantage for trying to get characters that they really like. I’ve been playing for about two months now and I have a good amount of characters but I’m striving to get gold varriants of specific characters which is seemingly harder to do now. Otherwise I have no complaints with the new update the game is still awesome !

I just feel that it puts newer players at a disadvantage for trying to get characters that they really like. I’ve been playing for about two months now and I have a good amount of characters but I’m striving to get gold varriants of specific characters which is seemingly harder to do now.
You make a good point! I believe this update to relics works well with the prizes from prize fight however, because most of the best variants of each character are given for their corresponding prize fight. This means that you can treat relics as ways to stack up a collection and sometimes nab interesting golds that may not be top tier but can still be played with. All in all I believe this was more a quality of life update than anything. I'm going to give it another month or so before my full opinion on the change finalizes. Thank you for your insight!

You make a good point! I believe this update to relics works well with the prizes from prize fight however, because most of the best variants of each character are given for their corresponding prize fight. This means that you can treat relics as ways to stack up a collection and sometimes nab interesting golds that may not be top tier but can still be played with. All in all I believe this was more a quality of life update than anything. I'm going to give it another month or so before my full opinion on the change finalizes. Thank you for your insight!
Likewise! I’ve been definitely doing the prize fights like crazy! I even managed to get the untouchable peacock which was one I really wanted and needed! So I know it’s not impossible to get good golds. That’s why really love this game. I’ve been playing every day since I’ve started it’s very addicting. :)

Reactions: ImaiKari
Likewise! I’ve been definitely doing the prize fights like crazy! I even managed to get the untouchable peacock which was one I really wanted and needed! So I know it’s not impossible to get good golds. That’s why really love this game. I’ve been playing every day since I’ve started it’s very addicting. :)
Nice! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I'm sorry, I don't care what the reasoning, this is unacceptable. If you're going to make it 50% then the cost needs to come down in price as well. In any case, glad I got my fighters I wanted back in the day. Just not looking forward to the new release characters. Also glad they took my suggestion on straight up selling a gold fighter.

Reactions: TRIX
I'm sorry, I don't care what the reasoning, this is unacceptable. If you're going to make it 50% then the cost needs to come down in price as well. In any case, glad I got my fighters I wanted back in the day. Just not looking forward to the new release characters. Also glad they took my suggestion on straight up selling a gold fighter.
Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this change. There are proper reasons behind it, though. If you care to read up then they are stated earlier. Thank you for your patience.

I mean character exclusivity being gone is a step in the right direction. But if they are going to do this I say make it 100 theonites as well. Why would I pay extra theonites and get 1 Cerebella in 6 (as earlier mentioned). Congratz on mod promotion btw!

I mean character exclusivity being gone is a step in the right direction. But if they are going to do this I say make it 100 theonites as well. Why would I pay extra theonites and get 1 Cerebella in 6 (as earlier mentioned).
The purpose of the change was to make premiere relics more valuable, and in turn having to make character relics less valuable. The end outcome(whether you choose to open just more premieres instead of character relics, or character relics) is that your roster will be more balanced and you won’t have tons and tons of extra useless graveyard shifts laying around, and instead have a variety of characters while still being allowed to have a focus on a certain fighter.