• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Character relics

The purpose of the change was to make premiere relics more valuable, and in turn having to make character relics less valuable. The end outcome(whether you choose to open just more premieres instead of character relics, or character relics) is that your roster will be more balanced and you won’t have tons and tons of extra useless graveyard shifts laying around, and instead have a variety of characters while still being allowed to have a focus on a certain fighter.
Eh I guess, I am not really big on grabbing all the skins myself and have all the fighters I need and then some, Premier relic's value won't change until a gold comes closer to 10% chance.

Eh I guess, I am not really big on grabbing all the skins myself and have all the fighters I need and then some, Premier relic's value won't change until a gold comes closer to 10% chance.
Having no exclusives made it more valuable.

Except that I have 200 characters with about 100 if not more being bronze. I find little to no value in spending theonites on anything that gives me an 84% chance at Bronze...

If we are talking about "growing" our collection (because there's no more exclusive characters), the update for character relics is really good, and make the prize fights more interesting (for the new players or players that are growing, for the others it's only to search the keys).

If we are talking about new players or players that are growing or exploring all the modes of the game like origin stories the update is bad, because they generally have more the feeling of "I need this character to move along of this mode" or "I want this specific character because I like/love, etc.", so the new "specific" character relic rate it's only to dissapoint the new players, there's no guarantee about getting the character you really want or else, and yeah, you can say that you won't get anymore a bunch of the same and useless character but you took the risk from the start (with this I reffer to the older versions of the game). Yeah, you can improve or raise your collection with other characters, but I feel these reason isn't enough to change the rate (Think about characters that don't like the player, for example I have Beowulf and Double characters but I don't like them, I feel dissapointed when I got one from Valentine relic for example). So I have concluded the "specific" character relic doesn't have a reason to exist (with the exception of the new characters that will come in future updates).

P.S.: If I make a mistake about writing or comment structure I want to apologize, my english's knowledge is low.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRIX
If we are talking about "growing" our collection (because there's no more exclusive characters), the update for character relics is really good, and make the prize fights more interesting (for the new players or players that are growing, for the others it's only to search the keys).

If we are talking about new players or players that are growing or exploring all the modes of the game like origin stories the update is bad, because they generally have more the feeling of "I need this character to move along of this mode" or "I want this specific character because I like/love, etc.", so the new "specific" character relic rate it's only to dissapoint the new players, there's no guarantee about getting the character you really want or else, and yeah, you can say that you won't get anymore a bunch of the same and useless character but you took the risk from the start (with this I reffer to the older versions of the game). Yeah, you can improve or raise your collection with other characters, but I feel these reason isn't enough to change the rate (Think about characters that don't like the player, for example I have Beowulf and Double characters but I don't like them, I feel dissapointed when I got one from Valentine relic for example). So I have concluded the "specific" character relic doesn't have a reason to exist (with the exception of the new characters that will come in future updates).

P.S.: If I make a mistake about writing or comment structure I want to apologize, my english's knowledge is low.
I think it’s important to aknowledge that character relic gold drop rate was increased in tandem with making it only drop 50% chance of the focussed character. To be honest, I wish I had waited to open all of the valentine story relics until after the update. Nobody wants valentine in the current state she’s in, while beos and bands are by far the best.

I think it’s important to aknowledge that character relic gold drop rate was increased in tandem with making it only drop 50% chance of the focussed character. To be honest, I wish I had waited to open all of the valentine story relics until after the update. Nobody wants valentine in the current state she’s in, while beos and bands are by far the best.

You're right and I knew about the relic rate change before the launch of the new app/game and I hadn't finished all the origin stories because I decided to complete this mode together with daily missions (I guess I should have ended before the update), but I try to include all players on my point of view (last comment). It's cool that you have more possibilities to get a gold character (any) but if you have to sacrifice your guarantee of get a specific character (maybe that you needed or wanted), well I'm not agree, but hey, I don't want to you misunderstand my words, I feel very comfortable with the game and I like it, but I feel the specific character relics is a weak point.

Maybe some (all) people will hate or disagree me but I feel Valentine is a very good character (You can control the area with her). Beowulf has the best grab move and you can be really fast and agressive with him but sorry I don't like the character and Big Band, maybe he's the best at all.

Maybe some (all) people will hate or disagree me but I feel Valentine is a very good character (You can control the area with her). Beowulf has the best grab move and you can be really fast and agressive with him but sorry I don't like the character and Big Band, maybe he's the best at all.
Val has objectively the worst CA in the game, very poor combo potential outside of a single combo, very poor damage, often poor SA’s, zero field control, especially compared to Peacock and Parasoul who focus on field control, and very low atk% on her basic moves.

Personally I think they should have increased rates when a new character comes out. So when squigly drops, for the first week, or for the first 10/10+1 squigly relics you buy, it should guarantee 100% squigly.

I haven't bought character relics outside of when new characters were released, and I never bought enough for the whole "too many duplicates" thing to matter. I have to buy twice as many relics now to get the same amount of squigly, and that just sucks.

Reactions: Bryan
Val has objectively the worst CA in the game, very poor combo potential outside of a single combo, very poor damage, often poor SA’s, zero field control, especially compared to Peacock and Parasoul who focus on field control, and very low atk% on her basic moves.

Maybe she has the worst statistics but if you improve her ATK she can deal a decent damage (like other characters), or if you improve the DEF or HP she can become an annoying wall (I have lost many times with teams of 3 Valentine for time up). Her blockbusters fill so easy and I recently discover a combo with countervenom and checkmate incision that works well against strong enemies and few days ago I realized that if you use any of vial hazard movement and don't throw the syringe you will deal extra damage using a countervenom blockbuster. I want to expand my comment but this is what I have for the moment.

eh, I found the change to suck for me. I need a para to complete a chapter and I don't have any expect I think maybe one or two bronze. Which sure i can level up and hopefully beat the 4k fighter, but I would have rather exert my time in a gold or silver fighter. I'm not even going to try anymore with her relic because I got another graveyard shift and nunsense. I spent extra 100 theo were instead i could have gotten premium 3 relics. I would have preferred 75% over 50%. especially as i want more big bands and para right now

Also on new characters. I'm going to be very disappointed if the rate doesn't change for that. Especially if I do 10+ and get only 1, because the bonus guarantees it.

Also on new characters. I'm going to be very disappointed if the rate doesn't change for that. Especially if I do 10+ and get only 1, because the bonus guarantees it.
Maybe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯