• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Charged attacks and cancelling

Colwolf77

Reaction score
I rarely use both of these in the game and rely on blocking then countering combo's. The charged attack seems very easy to predict and not versatile. I've heard about move cancelling but not sure how to use it effectively in this game.

Any help and advice on these two things would be appreciated, I feel like i'm probably missing something.

Thanks

The only use for charged attack is to detonate Parasoul's orbs, other than that, i don't really see much use either

Generally, I saw it more as a utility for long range like Cerebella's Titan Knuckle, or for toss ups "technically" seeing as in the console you could use them without needing to charge. I was imagining maybe the charged attacks at full charge could be unblockable towards blocking opponents to be a little more useful? Seeing as now, AI opponents guard at a distance more than ever.

The usefulness of charge attacks vary by character since everyone has different charge attacks. They're not really that useful unless you have the unblockable charge attack upgrade unlocked, because you can almost never combo with charge attacks and trying to use them always leaves you vulnerable. If your charge attacks are unblockable, you can use it to break through the defences of an opponent who is staying in blocking too long, or repeteadly keep them down if their backs are against the wall.

As for move cancelling, I never heard of it until now. Maybe you meant movement cancelling? I know you can swipe to dash forward and then swipe down right away to change into a trip attack. Or tap the screen with two fingers while dashing to cancel the dash immediately and start blocking, it's very responsive from what I've seen.