• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal CoC refreshes prematurely after force-quitting and relaunching game

Robokit

Reaction score
I think this is a recurrent bug and not a one-off incident:

Scenario:

So during weekend rifts sometimes after winning a fight, I get impatient and force-quit the game when the "connecting" screen persists for extended periods of time. Usually under such circumstances, when I first reenter the game, it takes unusually long (at times forever) for the "authorizing" screen to transition to the main menu, so I tend to force-quit again. Now the 2nd time relaunching, duration of the "authorizing" screen usually returns to normal and things usually go smoothly.

But I noticed that after the above sequence of events, the Cabinet of Curiosities refreshes prematurely. For example, in the most recent such case, there was 50+ mins remaining on the lifetime of the CoC when I started rift. 20 or so mins later, I force-quitted twice and reentered twice as described, but found CoC had refreshed.

Reasons for my impatience:
  • I've had experiences of both interminable "connecting" and "authorizing" screens, as have multiple other players who reported these issues on the forum.
  • we(or maybe just I) sometimes do rift just because I see sth nice in CoC but short of rift coins. Rfit fights take time so there isn't much time to waste before CoC refreshes. Therefore when encountering unusually long "connecting" or "authorizing", I don't think I can afford to wait.
My speculations on the source of the bug:
  • could be any of the 2 force-quittings and reenterings that caused the problem
  • unusually long/interminable "connecting" and/or "authorizing" might have to do with my system config (iphone 8 plus, iOS 13.5.1) and/or local network conditions, but CoC refreshing prematurely seems to be a server-side issue.

It is frustrating to enter the CoC after making up the rift coin deficit only to find the desired item gone.
I hope devs can look into this. Thank you very much!

Last edited: