• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Concerning Training

Synfull

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been voiced before and if it has its own thread, but I've been thinking about it for a while. In training mode, the AI is kinda just there. It doesn't fight back, and only gets up. I know it's there so you can practice/figure out combos and all that, but it would be pretty cool if we got features where the AI actually fights back.

Like, so we can practice against a moving target that actually fights back without depleting energy needlessly by risking it in actual fights. I dunno, I guess I like the idea of fighting against a training AI and having the option to choose the level of difficulty and all that.

I'm somewhat certain people will respond that the daily events/the whole game in general is pretty much training itself because the AIs are already moving opponents, but it'd be nice if we could customise the training AI to our difficulty level - especially for beginners - to practice against.

I'm new to these forums and posting threads in general, so apologies if I sound dumb, haha.

i agree. i use training a lot, and at this point just beating up fighters in the corner of the screen doesn't really help. sure, i can find new combos but i don't really know how they stack up against actual AI or other players. plus it's nicer because unlike dailies you don't have the chance of dying while you're trying to test something out.
i'm just curious what defines each difficulty and how we could customize the training AIs. either way, you have a good point.

edit: also i think i saw another thread asking for this too. can't fully remember tho

Last edited:
Reactions: Synfull
Yeah, I didn't really think much of that to be honest. Difficulty levels are more subjective, but it's more of an optional thing? I dunno, just giving the AI the ability to fight back alone doesn't seem like it'd be enough for people in my humble opinion. As for customise, I was referring only to the difficulty level, aha. Anything more than that(palettes, moves, etc) just seems extra to me and less important than the other features.

Although, I am curious how the team will handle the difficulty thing too, or how it'd be implemented!

(Sorry if the reply format is wonky, still getting used to forums.)

Yeah, I didn't really think much of that to be honest. Difficulty levels are more subjective, but it's more of an optional thing? I dunno, just giving the AI the ability to fight back alone doesn't seem like it'd be enough for people in my humble opinion. As for customise, I was referring only to the difficulty level, aha. Anything more than that(palettes, moves, etc) just seems extra to me and less important than the other features.

Although, I am curious how the team will handle the difficulty thing too, or how it'd be implemented!

(Sorry if the reply format is wonky, still getting used to forums.)

(i understand! it's a learning experience)

i agree, letting people pick each individual move the opposing team will have is a bit over the top. however in some cases it would be useful because sometimes you have to look for a counter for one specific move and trying to get a training AI with that move might be a little painful.
if the devs did implement this feature i hope they would also allow you to pick the fight modifiers for you and the AIs. it would help training for matches that have modifiers that are just really hard to get past (aka the CLEAR! modifier in Double's origin story which is something i never want to go through again)

edit: sike it was Valentine's origin story but that was Double's first cameo. you know what i meant

Last edited:
(i understand! it's a learning experience)

i agree, letting people pick each individual move the opposing team will have is a bit over the top. however in some cases it would be useful because sometimes you have to look for a counter for one specific move and trying to get a training AI with that move might be a little painful.
if the devs did implement this feature i hope they would also allow you to pick the fight modifiers for you and the AIs. it would help training for matches that have modifiers that are just really hard to get past (aka the CLEAR! modifier in Double's origin story which is something i never want to go through again)

Yep! I'm partial on selected moves and all, but I'm sure the devs will work a way around this if they decide to pick this idea up and refine it.

Also I only do origin stories for fun + for levelling characters up HAHAHA I'll watch out for double because of this.

Reactions: Inked
Yeah training mode is really barebones right now... At least give us the option to set which character to fight against and to set AI behaviour. That would help out so much with coming up with combos.

Yeah training mode is really barebones right now... At least give us the option to set which character to fight against and to set AI behaviour. That would help out so much with coming up with combos.

Mm yeah, it's quite basic as of now. But hopefully they'll modify it alongside other features in future updates.

I'm not sure if this has been voiced before and if it has its own thread, but I've been thinking about it for a while. In training mode, the AI is kinda just there. It doesn't fight back, and only gets up. I know it's there so you can practice/figure out combos and all that, but it would be pretty cool if we got features where the AI actually fights back.

Like, so we can practice against a moving target that actually fights back without depleting energy needlessly by risking it in actual fights. I dunno, I guess I like the idea of fighting against a training AI and having the option to choose the level of difficulty and all that.

I'm somewhat certain people will respond that the daily events/the whole game in general is pretty much training itself because the AIs are already moving opponents, but it'd be nice if we could customise the training AI to our difficulty level - especially for beginners - to practice against.

I'm new to these forums and posting threads in general, so apologies if I sound dumb, haha.

Yeah can we get an update for this.

Ah, so do I remove this thread?
nah, but please use the search function up top to look up relevant words and phrases to new threads you're wanting to start. this is especially true under Feedback & Suggestions, everywhere else play it by ear