• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Conditions that rely on another (de)buff being active

Psyche

Reaction score
Just a quick one to make sure it's documented but this really bothers me because it means that either the text description is misleading or the mechanic is broken.

I'll lead in with my main example: Resonant Evil Big Band.
The first part of his ability gives a chance for him to receive armour when hit, with every hit having the same odds, and the armour being granted after taking the hit. This is fine (technically speaking).
The problem is with his SA2. This is described as a chance to inflict stun on the opponent when hit while having at least one armour buff already active. However, in practice, if the % chances line up just right (which doesn't take much luck) it is possible to both gain a stack of armour and inflict stun upon receiving just one hit without having any armour previously. I believe this probably has something to do with the order in which the code events occur, so from my naïve perspective it looks like all that needs to happen is a re-order of some lines. But of course I know it's not that simple.

The only other example I can really think of right now is Parasite Weave Filia being able to inflict both stun and bleed in a single hit though I have not tested this, rather made an assumption, but I'm sure it's a general case for any moves or fighters with the same sort of specific function.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam
Another one, but it’s not quite the same idea.
Untouchable Peacock’s Bulletproof and Armed Forces Cerebella’s Diamond Defence both give a chance to grant the unflinching buff, but the hit that triggers it will be affected by this despite logically coming before the buff is applied, meaning that the (non-BB) attack that caused unflinching to activate will not cause any knockback or launching. It’s possible that this is by design, though then my opinion is that it is unfair as there is no warning that the attack will fail to have its desired effect. If it is a bug as I suspect, then it is a very similar case of event re-ordering as above.

Reactions: PHPP
I agree that this should be changed if it’s intentional, or corrected if it’s a bug. With the examples you have, it’s hard to properly counter Resonant Evil and Untouchable and such even if you are employing the correct strategies. For example, starting a combo with a launcher should be a proper way to deal with those who can gain Unflinching, as the buff doesn’t matter when the target is in the air. But as it is now, you can get unlucky and proc the Unflinching even when you open with a launcher, and the opponent won’t be launched. With RE Big Band, you should be able to inflict Armor Break when you see him gain a stack of Armor in order to avoid the stun effect, but right now it’s up to RNG, as both SAs can proc at once.

This timing also has some weird effects with Rusty Painwheel. Her SA1 causes bleed, and her SA2 converts enemy buffs to bleed. This allows her to convert Immunity, but at the same time the Immunity blocks the bleed stack that would’ve been caused by the conversion of said Immunity. When Rusty faces a Bloodbath Eliza, you would think that Eliza’s SA of converting bleed into regen would trump Rusty’s bleed effects, but they instead end in a weird stalemate where Bloodbath doesn’t seem to get regen nor bleed.

Reactions: Psyche and PHPP