• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Could we please uncensor the game?

Sadp_ssed_Consumer

Reaction score
The excuse given was 2013 was a different time... they'll say the same about 2023.

Who does it help? what harm does the censorship stop? nothing. i dare say the censorship harms bipoc, women and gives hate groups more power.

Turns out it really did get out of hand.

there is nothing good that the changes do. it doesn't help stop whoopie abuse, it doesn't help bipoc. and the very peopel that Future Club, Hiden Variable and Autumn games seem to praise ...
earlfriend.png

well let's take a look here.

the sexism in games lady using a blood and soil argument to say Israel is not a country

and in case she deletes it..

blood and soil.jpg

Reactions: Brew and RizeSheela
I see, so that's your point here. Well like I mentioned before that censorship was kinda bad or difficult to negotiate with game devs these years because of the extreme exposure that most minor players (those who are underage) would be certainly exposed to those
" Explicit Graphics" on the game.

Allow me to state an example for this if I may please:

*Would you have your own Kids be watching Tik Tok or at some Game or Movie that would Display or Expose out Middle Fingers Licking or Showing Nudity Sexual content shown???

*Try analyze that yourself as a Parent then you will probably understand about the reasons why they censore stuff like that in this game Only.

Another perfect example was Hero Wars Mobile which also thus exposures both Fake Ads and Half Nude Sexist characters like as Yasmine or even the everyday
""Half Butt naked "" Valkyrie we're seeing everyday.

this post of yours was NOT THE ONLY ONE Going around and If you see lots of compliments and comments from Lots of thousands of players out there - They would NEVER Care or even Complain - Why? Because NEXTERS Never Censored anything.

Even again - if they Censor those HW characters or Not - that entirely Depends on the Devs themselves to Decide and Not You / Us only.

another important thing to point out again at your way was that both
*Hero Wars Mobile and
*League of Legends were NEVER
Meant to be played by Underaged Kids!

Censorship Does Not apply at All in those On Line Games.

BUT In this Skullgirls mobile game - It goes with 3 Major reasons:
*GAME RATING, *PLAY PROTECT and
*EXPLICIT CONTENT exposed.

- Which means that Google Play would correspond and Apply those Ratings with certain rules or conditions that refer to both Nudity or Animated Violence.

My suggestion here Sir was this.

*Ask Google Play themselves and our Hidden Variable support for those reasons on regarding Censorship.
that makes no sense, there exist age raitings to protect kids.

that still doesn't explain the reception and internal Discord leaks of Hidden Varriable and Future Club.

I dont' think it was only google making the call. but that is a good idea.

I see, so that's your point here. Well like I mentioned before that censorship was kinda bad or difficult to negotiate with game devs these years because of the extreme exposure that most minor players (those who are underage) would be certainly exposed to those
" Explicit Graphics" on the game.

Allow me to state an example for this if I may please:

*Would you have your own Kids be watching Tik Tok or at some Game or Movie that would Display or Expose out Middle Fingers Licking or Showing Nudity Sexual content shown???

well we're not talking about anything explicit of that nature. we're not talking about tiktok. that's irrelevant.

the game was never for kids. we have people saying two very different things. and making excuses.
censorship even self censorship is merely internalizing the oppressive forces at work.

earlfriend.png
we went from this.

revisionism false fraiming.png

to this with a year zero justification. that old, totalitarian mental-virus.

even more so. we see them rubishing the "og"s that are complaining and saying it's sad that they're complaining... when it was future club, autumn games, hidden variable calling the shots.
if not that, then they internalized google play or apple store or other investor pressure.

These are people that have not kept their stories and narratives consistent months or even weeks apart.

Reactions: RizeSheela
I honestly have to wonder if either of you two actually know what was changed, let alone why the change was made, or even what the word "censorship" means.

I also don't know why you made this post in the forum for the mobile game. You realize Skullgirls is a PC game, right? The changes were made in the PC game and were carried over to the mobile game. The developers of the mobile game had no part in them, nor would they have any control over reverting them.

These are people that have not kept their stories and narratives consistent months or even weeks apart.
I would love to know what you meant by this. How is their narrative not consistent? They've stated their reasoning for the changes clearly: Removing nonconsentual pantyshots. They've made it quite clear that the point was never to appease a third party (such as google), and nothing I've seen from them has been inconsistent.
The reasoning behind the changes is very easy to understand. They've explained the reasoning very matter-of-factly and you've presented no evidence of anything they've allegedly lied about.

So like, do you think that Anita Sarkeesian is personally responsible for every form of censorship in any video game ever made? Or do you think everyone who cares about sexism has to personally comply with everything Anita Sarkeesian has ever said?
I would just LOVE to know what on God's green earth makes Anita Sarkeesian's opinions on Israel relevant to Skullgirls.

And, my ultimate question here is, do either of you actually have any arguments for why the censorship should be reverted?
Like, you made this post in the hopes of convincing someone to do that, right? Why haven't you actually talked about what was censored and why it should be reverted?
Like, personally, I actually think that the change made to Big Band's story wasn't very good, because I think that showing the violence of his fellow cops who put him in an iron lung is empowering, and it's a big part of his story. But, then, that's something from Skullgirls, the PC game that actually made these changes, and not the mobile game that barely has anything to do with them.

Speaking of, the removal of the panty shot was only in the PC game, not the mobile game. I'm gonna play a fun game and see if you guys even know what you're talking about and ask: What changes were made to the mobile game that you're protesting? Do you even know? And, please, can you actually provide any reasoning for why it should be reverted?

They've stated their reasoning for the changes clearly: Removing nonconsentual pantyshots. They've made it quite clear that the point was never to appease a third party (such as google), and nothing I've seen from them has been inconsistent.
Geez dude. Way to prove his point. Their reason for changing big bands story is to remove nonconsentual panty shots? Big bands story didn't have any panty shots. The reason they removed the armbands is to remove the pantyshots? Also, removing nonconsentual pantyshots is not a reason, it's the action they took. If you use your brain for a few moments, it's pretty obvious that appeasing Google and Apple is a good way to get your app higher on the recommended list. The argument you should have gone with is how we have no direct evidence of them making the changes to appease them, which is true.

The company that makes the mobile game is the same as the company that keeps the PC version up to date. The idea that the changes were only made to the PC version is idiotic at best and willfully ignorant at worst.

The reason the changes should be reverted is because the original game was acceptable for a decade before the changes were made. Nothing is gained by making the changes and the impact of the stories, and our nostalgia, is lost because it's not the way it was intended to be anymore. Yeah it's not a huge deal because of how minor some of the changes are, but it's really annoying to have a game I sunk hours and hours into when I was in collage altered to be less impactful for no benefit.

Reactions: choriflancito
Geez dude. Way to prove his point. Their reason for changing big bands story is to remove nonconsentual panty shots?
Obviously I'm referring to the changes in Filia and Double's stories. I didn't think I needed to hold your guys' hands that hard, but considering you're still bellyaching about the """censorship""" I shouldn't expect much from you.
it's pretty obvious that appeasing Google and Apple is a good way to get your app higher on the recommended list. The argument you should have gone with is how we have no direct evidence of them making the changes to appease them, which is true.
Again, I kind of took the fact that you have no proof of this obviously baseless claim that's contrary to entirely believable evidence that the devs provided as their reasoning as a given. Sorry for overestimating your intelligence again.
The company that makes the mobile game is the same as the company that keeps the PC version up to date. The idea that the changes were only made to the PC version is idiotic at best and willfully ignorant at worst.
Now, personally, the idea that changes were made to the PC version of the game solely to bolster the mobile version's recommendation on the app store, is what I would call idiotic at best and willfully ignorant at worst. That being said, it just seems silly to argue about this on the mobile version's forum, when most of the changes [IE the story mode changes] were on the PC. This isn't an issue relevant to the mobile game, and it seems silly to bring it up here and not the actual forum for the full game. Like, when the guys in this thread talk about how they're trying to appease feminists, that feels like they're talking about the story mode changes that weren't in the mobile game. The only changes to the mobile game were the armbands and the removal of the hair comb in Filia's burst, if my memory serves.

The reason the changes should be reverted is because the original game was acceptable for a decade before the changes were made.
I don't really see how that's an actual argument in favor of reverting the changes. Times change, and the things people find acceptable shift as time passes. If you wanna talk about willful ignorance, acting like something being "acceptable" in the past makes it permanently, universally acceptable and unable to be changed, is willful ignorance. And frankly, the armbands have always been weird. There's a pretty big difference between evoking german military design, like with a character like Panzerfaust, and outright having a big bright red armband with a white circle and a black logo inside of it.
Nothing is gained by making the changes and the impact of the stories, and our nostalgia, is lost because it's not the way it was intended to be anymore. Yeah it's not a huge deal because of how minor some of the changes are, but it's really annoying to have a game I sunk hours and hours into when I was in collage altered to be less impactful for no benefit.
I don't think Hidden Variable is going to have their opinion on upholding their ideals swayed by someone who considers the removed content as a part of irreplacable nostalgia. Like... the fact that any of this impacted you in any way is kind of a red flag. Aside from the change to big band's story, none of these changes "lessened the impact" of the game. The black egrets are still pretty bluntly inspired by german military wear, they just don't have literal you-know-who-becuase-I-apparently-can't-say-the-word armbands. The impact of the removed scene with Filia is still there, it's just not made up to be fanservice for the viewer- the point of that scene isn't to be hot, it's to show that New Miridian is full of scum and that Filia is strong enough to fight back.
Even with the change to Big Band's story, I think it's a downgrade, but like... it's not that big of a deal? His story is ultimately the same, and like, yeah, I'd say to Hidden Variable, should they be reading this, I'd like that change reverted, but the people who protest these changes act like Hidden Variable replaced the scene with a drawing of Ben and his cop buddies holding hands in a field of flowers. Moreover, they act like this whole thing is some sort of EVIL WOKE MIND VIRUS, because god forbid a team wants to change anything about their game thats existed for over a decade that has all of the removed assets more than easily available online.

...for no benefit.
The benefit is to make the game less outdated, broadly speaking. I'm sure that you disagree that these changes do that, but that doesn't really change the fact that they do. And that they stated that that's why they did it. There's not really any point in arguing further unless you have an actual reason why the changes made were bad, and not just "but my nostalgia of parasoul's iconic armband!"

The benefit is to make the game less outdated, broadly speaking. I'm sure that you disagree that these changes do that, but that doesn't really change the fact that they do. And that they stated that that's why they did it. There's not really any point in arguing further unless you have an actual reason why the changes made were bad, and not just "but my nostalgia of parasoul's iconic armband!"
I obviously struck a nerve if it made you write 3 seperate posts where you didn't give a single valid counterpoint to what I said and instead used personal attacks and (I assume intentionally) misrepresented my points while ignoring the biggest point that disproves your entire argument.

I'll sum it up concisely; you're wrong.
The changes made to the game had no benefit, we lose nostalgia from them (which isn't relevant because we don't need to justify a game NOT changing after a decade of being enjoyed by fans), they gave no reasonable explanation for the changes, and appeasing google/apple/steam leads to better outreach. Please take your own advice and stop arguing. Thank you.

I obviously struck a nerve if it made you write 3 seperate posts
The only reason I separated my response into three different posts was to try and work around the forum's filter, given the topic at hand. As for the length of the response, I don't really see how me having a lot to say makes me wrong- especially considering the only reason you're saying I'm wrong is because I don't agree with you.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter- they're entirely in their right to change what they want about the game. I just find people like you who are obsessed with complaining about it entertaining because of all of the insane mental gymnastics you have to do to make it sound like they did something unforgivably corrupt.
The changes made to the game had no benefit
I'm personally glad they removed the armbands from the black egrets- I like them and think they're interesting and it looks a lot less suspicious to say "I think these characters are cool" when they don't have Certain Iconography on them.
I also appreciate not having the kinds of fanservice in the game that was removed- I feel like people like you don't really understand the difference between, say, a character like cerebella being seductive intentionally, and having filia be felt up by a guy and having that be portrayed as seductive to the viewer.
we lose nostalgia from them
To be blunt, I don't believe you. I don't believe that the removed content is something that makes you "lose nostalgia". Like... If it honestly is, you really gotta get a grip and learn how to enjoy things for reasons beyond surface level nostalgia. Like, the idea of enjoying the game less because the black egrets don't have red armbands is genuinely the most comical thing in the world to me, and really, it's one of the main reasons I keep responding, this stuff is a riot.
we don't need to justify a game NOT changing after a decade of being enjoyed by fans
This point is so silly to me too, like... does the fact that something was once enjoyed mean that it can never be improved? What the hell are you even talking about? Normal people don't act like a game is ruined because they removed imagery of a certain german fascist group.
they gave no reasonable explanation for the changes
Yes they did, and I've repeated them to you, you simply don't agree with their reasoning. That doesn't mean that they *don't have reasoning*, and to think that it does says a lot. Like, you don't HAVE to agree with them- I don't agree with their reasoning for the change to big band's story, but I don't think they just did it for no reason. They objectively gave reasons.
appeasing google/apple/steam leads to better outreach
I hate to break it to you buddy, but google, apple, and steam do not care if a game has the kinds of things they removed. You can say that, "oh, secretly, they do!", but that's contrary to the blatant evidence that there are countless games with significant outreach with Themes Like That. It's just desperation to pin the fact that Hidden Variable has liberal ideals that you don't agree with on something that might make your absurd temper tantrums seem justified, like you care about something important, rather than something as absurd as "nostalgia" for The Good Old Days when we got to see Filia getting felt up FULL SCREEN!!
Please take your own advice and stop arguing
Not as long as you guys keep sperging out and making fools of yourselves because mean old Hidden Variable took away your precious nostalgia for Funny Red Armbands.

Hello to you dear boys in here under argument & debate upon majority...
I choose to be silent and observant rather to be commenting uselessly around here.

Just To let you guys know I'm NOT In anybody's side in here under this forum.

However as Mr BigBlue mentioned above, that times change as people do change over the years and I'm full around with that!

I belong to a certain community type of Free style Coolhead gamers.
We don't really actually get bothered about the changes that take place around every game on this world.

I'm an old time retro gamer myself and started even playing Street Fighter series games ever since at age of 8. But no digital gadgets or Online Network stuff of course during the mid 80's.

I'm just me and myself. I'm a simple gamer who enjoys and wishes to have fun with the games - either less by Spending money or not.

I may not be a long time player but I am very most familiar about lots of changes, improvements and evolutionary issues among lots of games like Skullgirls.

And about under this forum, I can't say anything much because it really hurts me and it's annoying to see how players to be complaining over few graphical issues and changes rather than to ask politely and nicely of our developers here to have the game fixed up.

Censorship may have good points at one side but it should also have bad points likewise on the other side.

Just like in Real Life everything that has a good purpose on having/doing has both a good advantage and a Bad Disadvantage.

As long we don't Overdo things and just leave them as they are, then everything will be just okay.

otherwise I don't give a damn about what was changed in a game or whatever was about a ripped off original content or whatsoever.

This I had seen this kind of similar issues and cases in my years in other several games - other than Skullgirls - so what's the Big deal about in here?

Either be censorship or anti censorship, everything has their own purpose and reason in both sides of the coin - Either for Good Or Bad!

I'm used to just accept things as the way Life (God himself above) itself gives me! Just like a normal woman of good proper principles and natural conduct that I must really Live on by my own.

I dare not to voice out against or either protest (to a Government)
- Unless - if it was a Certain Solid proof of a Case or Story that caused PHYSICAL ABUSE or HARM/ INJURY to A Child or a Woman out there.

But to Protest against a Video Game development for Graphical Content - Now that is rather Pointless and Ridiculous!

So what If We do Not approve or Not appreciate about the Graphical changes that took place in this game?
Rather just a Simple Plain & a Good answer for all this:::

*Stop Playing the Game If there's Something You Don't really Want!

If we are meant to be Runting and bickering over here about Censoring or Anti Censorship or whatever, then Please Take it to the Discord instead and Not here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
dude the way I like just farted and ate popcorn from this convo censor drama is a gift.