• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Duplicate natural diamonds

Ryouhi

Reaction score
After getting excited for my new diamond relic i was in turn even more disappointed when i saw that i got a duplicate fighter from it. Of course, this is a gacha game and you dont always get what you want. We are also lucky enough to already have pretty fair drop chances compared to other games of it's kind, which i really appreciate.

Still, considering the time it takes to get 1000 Diamond essence, getting a duplicate hurts, especially since it's hard to use them for anything currently.
Upgrading them is already very restrictive due to coin costs and the limited availability of diamond keys, so it would be a waste putting those into a diamond you already have invested into previously.
It's a similar problem to what we faced with duplicate golds before diamonds were introduced, but even worse due to the restrictive costs of investing into them. Now golds can be used as evolution sacrifices and as such have a purpose, no such luck for diamonds however.

---

I personally wish we could maybe get at least some of our diamond essence back by sacrificing a diamond or "sending them home". Giving them up in some form.
While i think 500 essence would be really nice, that may be a little much. 300-350 diamond essence may be more balanced.

This would at least set the player back on track for their next try, instead of being set back to 0 and having a mostly useless duplicate fighter in their collection.

My most recent diamond from the gaurantee relic was a dupe fly trap, so im feeling the pain. Not only do i have 3 other nats to grind up, investing in yet another of the same type is fruitless. Rift punishes people who use dupes, they cant be converted into anything (gold would be a valiable resource for orher nats), and are way too costly even to meme it up in Prize fights.

I shudder at the madman who would make a triple MA Heavy Metal team, not because of the threat, but the sheer unlick and sunk cost within it

Reactions: Ryouhi
As much as I love the idea of dupe diamonds being smashed into shards, I can't see where they could fit that option in. Maybe a button on the evolve/power-up menu? Everything is built for forward progress, it is hard to make a place for going backwards (or really commit and have all classes be able to be broken into shards).

The least complicated option: mark diamond fighters as being worth 5 golds when you go to the evolve screen. So you get an equivalent exchange formula:

Level 50 Gold Buzzkill Painwheel + Fly Trap Painwheel = Level 1 Diamond Buzzkill Painwheel

(maybe 1 natural diamond = 5 golds might be too OP. At least 3 would fair?)

Couple of ideas with dupes:

Idea 1 - Combine 2 of same rarity for a random character of the same rarity. It’s still RNG but at least you have a shot at getting something different while cleaning up dupes.

Idea 2 - Sacrificed gold/diamond characters flat boost character levels instead of flat exp. Gold = 2 levels and Diamonds = 5 levels. Got a level 55 diamond? Sacrifice another and boost it to lv60. This would be a huge time saver to complement the lack of good leveling system in the game currently.