• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Empty Move Warning Suggestion

heyy b

Reaction score
Hi! I've been having some fun in the new parallel realms No Mercy mode, it's very challenging!

An suggestion I've always wanted, exacerbated by the new mode is to have some sort of message when you are going to start a match warning you that you are about to start with a fighter that has less than 5 moves.

By nature of how parallel realms works with defeated fighters in being unable to be revived, I've had to move a bunch of move loadouts through different fighters as my collection gets pared down through deaths. When I'm done for the day and play the next, I completely forget about all my scrambled movesets. The most frustrating feeling I've had since the update was when I enter my fight with my summer salt ready for buff control, only to find out she has 0 moves equipped, because I gave them to primed after SS died. The little moves indicator at the bottom blends in for me and I don't really notice before I enter a fight. So unless I go in and fight perfectly, my very valuable fighter basically gets burned because of an easy mistake.

Considering how No Mercy really chips away at your collection, every fighter, especially utility fighters are EXTREMELY valuable, and it's a really disheartening feeling when you start a match and know you're already gonna lose the match AND your fighter because of a simple oversight for the rest of the day's cycle. It can really put a wrench in that entire day's parallel realm's plan, let alone if it happens more than once, it can completely ruin that day's cycle.

I'd suggest for there to be a warning message that asks if you want to continue from starting if it detects a fighter with less than 5 moves. Along with this feature it would be important for it to be toggleable for certain raritys you'd like to be warned about. Newer players are going to care more about their bronzes and silvers being unequipped while veterans are concerned with their diamonds.

I really like the new game mode, but given how valuable it makes every fighter be, and how simple it is to make a crucial oversight, I think this update highlighted how beneficial this feature could be. Thank you!

this happened to me today. really annoying. And now i should wait 3 days untill next parallel realms

I'd definitely appreciate seeing something like this implemented, as while I don't personally use loadouts often, I do switch moves between my fighters here and there, which sometimes has me going into a match not knowing my fighters are missing a few of them lol.

If this were to be implemented in some way, I could see the dev's reusing the warning indicators used in Rift (when using dupes) and Parallel Realms (when a fighter is defeated) for when a fighter has less than their maximum amount of moves, as it'd help make things more noticeable for players whom haven't noticed the lack of moves.

Examples:
20230722_202404.jpg
20230722_202341.jpg
Text displayed: _ move(s) missing!

Additionally, if a fighter with 5 move slots has no moves equipped, then a warning could be given to the player when they attempt to start a match (similar to if a fighter has no energy), which wouldn't be much of a hindrance due to it being a rare occurrence outside of the players switching and forgetting to re-euip their loadouts. Probably the easiest solutions, though I would prefer seeing your take being implemented due to the overall added freedom with what rarities you can choose.