• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Filter Moves by Stats

You can select the moves you want to sell, and if you hold the screen on that move it'll show the stats of that move (even do it without selecting your sell ones). The rest filters are already available.

This is like in the collection choosing only certain fighters based off certain stats. I see what you mean, but it is pointless in away.

Adding more filter options would definitely speed up certain actions in specifics situations, but we have to balance how many filter options we actually have or the filter page will become unusably bulky. There's a bunch of other filter options in addition to this I've actually thought about at various times, but there's already quite a lot in that Filter menu.

It's not impossible mind you, just want to lay out some of the reasoning why it hasn't been done!

How would y'all fit these kind of filters in? Where would they go?

Reactions: Yomady
Current Filter Menu for Comparison
current.png

--------------------------------
Option 1: Just add it onto the filter window.
mockup.png

(Most icons were taken from the skill tree. I forgot to add buttons to differentiate HP/ATK and HP%/ATK%.)

It's true, adding stats onto the existing filter options would make it a bit lengthy.
But it's a scroll box. It wouldn't look long in-game. It'd still take a single flick to get to the bottom of the window.

It would function like existing filters: if I select CRIT RATE and CRIT DAMAGE, I get all moves that have either one of those stats (not exclusively moves that have both).
Option 2: Add a secondary filter window.
mockup2.png
statfilter.png
Instead of the traditional filter buttons, there are 3 slots. When you tap any slot, a Stats Filter window pops up where you can select up to 3 stats. The stats you select are displayed in the slots, and the resulting filter gives you all moves that have a combination of those stats.

If I select CRIT RATE and CRIT DAMAGE, I get only the moves that have both of those stats.
Option 3: Forget filters and just add an overlay.
statview.png

("View Stats" button is a modified Hex icon.)

Basically what this guy suggests:
https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/moves-page-modification.16182/
but more efficient and toggle-able.

Add a "View Stats" button next to the filter button which shows stats overlaid on the moves when enabled, and then goes back to the regular view when disabled.

I wouldn't be asking for a stats filter if this feature existed.
After thinking about it while making all these mockups, I prefer Option 3.

Option 1 is good if I want to delete all moves with flat stats. But it's bad for planning movesets since I can't choose a combination of stats.
Option 2 is good for planning movesets, but it's tedious to set and unset the filter.
Option 3 is good and I can't see any downsides.

So I guess I don't want a filter after all.

On-board with Option 3. Fantastic idea.

Agreed that option 3 would be a huge QoL function! I think visually the other two options are easy to use as well but am guessing programming those filters may be difficult.

I like option 3 but a bit of option 2 would be great too, like filter first and then show the stat windows. Maybe add the move name at the top for clarity.

I agree adding more stuff to the main filter window would be bulky and confusing, and adding an additional window just adds to the breadcrumb, but seeing as how it would be a seldom used advanced function it shouldn't be out of the question. That said, the tier buttons turn useless once you get serious about your collection and start selling all silver and bronze moves automatically.

Personally I'd love a more granular filter, where you could order by "column A" then "column B" then "Column C":

BCGoVTk.png

Except this one would be for the Equip window, not the collection, but that's another can of worms. I'd love to come up with some mockups like @Krazete 's awesome ones but that may have to wait for the weekend.

Reactions: Robokit
One important related matter is that whatever the filter/sort system for moves become, we need the same function implemented for the “equip move” UI when trying to equip moves for a character card. There is currently only one function there, which is to filter by tier. As said above, anyone who’s played a while would have almost no bronze/silver move, making that function useless.

All 3 of those sound awesome. Really anything sort of QoL change in the moves department would be huge.
If I could pick one of the three options, I'd go with the third one.
The third option is mainly a tool to plow through all the new moves you just got. Which is what is needed the most.
I really liked the first option too though because if I want to start to create a moveset for lets say a Defense character, I'd just select HP, Defense and Resistance. If I don't have moves that have all 3 of those stats I'll go search for HP, Defense and so on.

Great work on those 'mockups' Krazete #o#

I like option 3. The others, altough useful, would probably be more cumbersome than anything else. I think a quick layout for the stats is more useful than a filter (I posted something similar in another thread, but I like this idea better).

Does anyone keep flat stats? I mean, why are they even in the game? To get in the way? Trick players with math?

My favorite is option 2 because all I want is a "Percent, not points!" filter, but I like the overlay toggle of option 3. Option 1 makes my head spin trying to decipher the symbols and think of universal icons while worrying how it translates to other languages.

Reactions: Yomady
Say 60 attack can be a lot more the percentages, those percentages are greater but take longer to advance. Strategy too for bronze been gold with super low attack like diamond Parasoul Shelter,I think it's around the 5K mark at level 40.

Edit: I forgot a limit is set on amount you can put on percentages too 'special cool-down' as a example:1.PNG 2.PNG

Does anyone keep flat stats? I mean, why are they even in the game? To get in the way? Trick players with math?

My favorite is option 2 because all I want is a "Percent, not points!" filter, but I like the overlay toggle of option 3. Option 1 makes my head spin trying to decipher the symbols and think of universal icons while worrying how it translates to other languages.

This is nice actually - pretty tidy >

Current Filter Menu for Comparison
Option 1: Just add it onto the filter window.
(Most icons were taken from the skill tree. I forgot to add buttons to differentiate HP/ATK and HP%/ATK%.)

It's true, adding stats onto the existing filter options would make it a bit lengthy.
But it's a scroll box. It wouldn't look long in-game. It'd still take a single flick to get to the bottom of the window.

It would function like existing filters: if I select CRIT RATE and CRIT DAMAGE, I get all moves that have either one of those stats (not exclusively moves that have both).
Option 2: Add a secondary filter window.
Instead of the traditional filter buttons, there are 3 slots. When you tap any slot, a Stats Filter window pops up where you can select up to 3 stats. The stats you select are displayed in the slots, and the resulting filter gives you all moves that have a combination of those stats.

If I select CRIT RATE and CRIT DAMAGE, I get only the moves that have both of those stats.
Option 3: Forget filters and just add an overlay.
("View Stats" button is a modified Hex icon.)

Basically what this guy suggests:
https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/moves-page-modification.16182/
but more efficient and toggle-able.

Add a "View Stats" button next to the filter button which shows stats overlaid on the moves when enabled, and then goes back to the regular view when disabled.

I wouldn't be asking for a stats filter if this feature existed.
After thinking about it while making all these mockups, I prefer Option 3.

Option 1 is good if I want to delete all moves with flat stats. But it's bad for planning movesets since I can't choose a combination of stats.
Option 2 is good for planning movesets, but it's tedious to set and unset the filter.
Option 3 is good and I can't see any downsides.

So I guess I don't want a filter after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer