• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Forum Bug - Can't upload avatar due to file size limit bug

Lililira

Reaction score
I'm having trouble uploading an avatar for use here in the forums because for some reason the image I'm trying to upload incorrectly sets off the file size limit of 50kb, even though my computer says the file is less than 30kb.

Here's the avatar in question:
Mint-Avi-v2.png
I've used various file size compression methods to bring it under 50kb, however the forums still won't upload it, even though my computer shows the file size as 27kb.

Not only that, but for some reason the uploader has no trouble uploading images bigger than the limit as my avatar, like this one which my computer says is 126 kb:
RoboFortune_Portrait.png

Is there some other invisible restriction that I'm hitting or is my computer just showing incorrect file sizes for some reason?

EDIT: Tried a different file format (high quality jpg) and that worked fine, so maybe it was the file format? The version shown above was PNG-8, so maybe that's the reason.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update on this. Not really sure what the issue could be, since we're just running a mostly stock XenForo forum. I'll have a poke around to see if other forums have had similar issues. In the meantime just try to use whatever file format will let you past Xenforo's uploader!

Not sure if this relates to that, but I can only upload 1 screenshot at a time in posts because it says file is too big. If I delete some text before that, sometimes it will let me. Not sure why this is an issue since I see people post like 10 screenshots and a paragraph of text in a single post sometimes...any advice would be appreciated. (Also I'm using a Moto E4. Not sure if that matters or not.) -Mon573R