• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Future Storylines [Potential Spoilers]

I just really dislike Eliza because I was rooting for either Minette or Stanley, or maybe even Annie. Instead we got a character that (at the time of voting) was only chosen because of whoopie* appeal and the final character actually makes Double look sympathetic in comparison.

This is a double whammy since I actually like pretty much all of Skullgirls' characters and what bits of story and worldbuilding we have, except for Eliza for whom I really just don't like at all, even as a villain, because despite being so despicable she gets away with everything while actual likable characters are left miserable or at best get bittersweet endings.

*apparently there's a word filter, if you somehow can't piece together what I meant there it's the word for human intercourse, or the alternate word for "Gender" you'd see on a driver's license.
i feel like she is alot better than most of the alternatives.
PS: almost ALL the characters are supposed to be s e x appeal to someone, that was kinda the point of the game.

Last edited:
I just really dislike Eliza because I was rooting for either Minette or Stanley, or maybe even Annie. Instead we got a character that (at the time of voting) was only chosen because of whoopie* appeal and the final character actually makes Double look sympathetic in comparison.
I think that's actually a little unfair. Out of most of the top tier voted characters, I really think Eliza was sold on her game mechanics more than her visuals. When she was first pitched, Eliza was heavily based on being able to control all the blood on the field, plus having a two-in-one character with Sekhmet. For whatever reason, that really seemed popular with everyone on the Skullgirls discussion pages. Alex Ahad said she was his top pick too, so that definitely helped.
I'm a huge Minette fan, but if anyone was being voted on purely for her looks/character and not gameplay, it was Minette.
i assume this game and its fans (probably moreso the ladder) arent friendly to newer players, who dont want to have to put research into something that should be explained in game. i feel like that shouldnt be mandatory...
This mobile game is definitely supposed to be a companion game to the home consoles. Without playing both you'll have very little idea of what's going on in SGMobile. Heck, even playing the console versions it's hard to understand everything even then. The stories were left deliberately vague in the console game because they were planned to be filled in with a proper canonical story mode called "The Nightmare Legacy" once they had finished Black Dahlia, Umbrella and Marie as playable characters. That obviously hasn't happened yet.
I understand how you feel that's annoying, but it's the hand we've been dealt!

Also, please don't double post, @MrRando . You can reply to multiple messages at the same time by tapping 'Reply' on each post you want to quote.

I was just thinking of something, and spoilers ahoy for SG Encore if you haven't played it.

So in Bella's story mode SGE, we learn that Ms. Fortune found out about her abilities after she was cut in pieces along with the Fishbone Gang. However, in the end of the first chapter in story mode of the mobile game (spoilers for that, too), Minnete says about her "She's also part of the Fishbone Gang.". Nadia also lacks her trademark scars.

So now I'm ready for a large amount of feels to come, since she's my absolute favorite character.

P.S.: I know those story modes aren't canon, but I can't help but wonder if the stories they say happened in the past are... especially considering Painwheel's story mode and origin story are the same as to how she came to be.

P.S.: I know those story modes aren't canon, but I can't help but wonder if the stories they say happened in the past are... especially considering Painwheel's story mode and origin story are the same as to how she came to be.
I think the best way to look at the story modes being canon or not is that they all are sort of canon. Important events like Fortune and Friends getting chopped up is definitely canon, the attack on Lab 8 is canon, etc. It's the specific stuff, especially towards the end of their stories where things start to go off script.
In general though, yeah, I'd take it that most stuff that happens before Skullgirls 2nd Encore's stories is canon.
Well, canon until it's suddenly decided it's not!

I think the best way to look at the story modes being canon or not is that they all are sort of canon. Important events like Fortune and Friends getting chopped up is definitely canon, the attack on Lab 8 is canon, etc. It's the specific stuff, especially towards the end of their stories where things start to go off script.
In general though, yeah, I'd take it that most stuff that happens before Skullgirls 2nd Encore's stories is canon.
I think the general idea is that before the events of Skullgirls, any of the playable stories could be possible, and certain events like the attack on Dr. Avian's lab happen consistently, it mostly diverges at who gets to the Cathedral first, with some specific differences.

Basically I think the idea is that all of the stories are canon within reason, up until the story you're playing makes events in another story an impossibility. The only events I can think of that really stretch that are Valentine and Double meeting people on the streets instead of just attacking Lab 8, and the events of the non-base roster characters because most if not all of them have more involved stories. They still reveal stuff that has to be canon like Big Band and Squigly's backstories, but none of their stories make any sense in the story that's going on during the 8 main character's stories.

Actually the longer I type this the less sure I am. Now i'm annoyed because i'm not going to get any actual answers until Skullgirls 2 which, even if it's the next game after Indivisible still probably won't come out until 2022 or something.

Reactions: DerpFlour
Then I better ready my tissues soon. I'll need them. Thanks for clarifying.