• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Gold acquisition rates

BambooEarpick

Reaction score
So I've been playing this quite a bit since the worldwide launch. It's super fun and enjoyable. However, I can no longer power up my characters. Gold acquisition becomes increasingly slow comparative to the cost to buy skill nodes. There is an event on the weekend but even placing top 100 only allows the buying of a few nodes for gold characters.

Now, I know that this is a mobile game and that you can't just hand out everything super fast. I totally get it. And, if theonite was priced differently I might spend money on the game but the prices and what you get for them doesn't feel great.

Suggestions:

Add money rewards to the ending rewards for Prize Fight.
--I realize that you gain money as you move up the tiers so I can understand if the devs feel that addition of gold to ending rewards are a bit much.

Have the Medici Shakedown throughout the week. Instead of having it only on weekends have it on a 3 day rotation so it comes around twice a week.

Have the Medici Shakedown pay out more. This could be done either by strictly increasing the pay out or adding more tiers to climb up. It feels bad that top 100 gives 250k and skill nodes for gold characters are 100k. You only get to fill out 2 nodes.

---------

Of course, it could be the intention to keep gold in short supply as a design decision. If that's the case then I guess there's not much to be done about it. But it feels kinda bad to be getting new characters and not being able to develop them.

Reactions: fatfursatan
I think ideally, the cost of skill nodes would escalate MUCH slower, and the total cost of bronze and gold upgrades would be towed toward the center. Coin-centric daily events would help a lot, too.

The problem for me isn't about the total cost to upgrade characters, exactly, but the frustration of not feeling constant progression. It sucks having to spend most of a day's worth of coins to, say, raise a fighter's strength 2% (which I don't 'feel' immediately after purchase).

Reactions: BambooEarpick
Well to be fair, 2% is only on the first node and those really aren't that expensive. I get your point though but without that there's not really much else to grind for so I don't know if it makes much sense to adjust things until we have something else to chase.