• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Heavy Handed & Star-Spangled

CheeseBurger

Reaction score
Heavy Handed and Star-Spangled are getting much further away from our new variants to be played with, specially those 2 variants.

The question is, "when are they going to have a Signature Ability changes or Buff?"
Just Like Armed Forces, Furry Fury, Dark Might, etc...

How about Grey Matter?
She's just like a straight-up garbage bin.

If anyone wants to give their opinions/ideas, don't be shy to share yours, anyone will be heard.

Grey matter isn't that bad. It's support that grant you something at least. Most useless and forgotten Cerebella nowadays it's big top. Grey much better than any of 2 that you called
Very funny see how they put them in diamond event relic and doing nothing to improve them
Actually I have no idea to rework them without huge changes. I suggected to add star spangler possibility to inflict random debuff while enemy stunned a year ago but now new Valentine has simular.
Maybe after hit with 5 enrages handed should get inflict or gain something once or twice per match like deadeye or hex. Or some mechanics like purrminator has instead of 2nd SA, make her steal enemy damage after each 5 enrages hit.
Star spangled SA should be about a lot of hits and do something while enemy stunned, maybe deal % damage for each hit in air etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheeseBurger
Grey matter isn't that bad. It's support that grant you something at least. Most useless and forgotten Cerebella nowadays it's big top. Grey much better than any of 2 that you called
Very funny see how they put them in diamond event relic and doing nothing to improve them
Actually I have no idea to rework them without huge changes. I suggected to add star spangler possibility to inflict random debuff while enemy stunned a year ago but now new Valentine has simular.
Maybe after hit with 5 enrages handed should get inflict or gain something once or twice per match like deadeye or hex. Or some mechanics like purrminator has instead of 2nd SA, make her steal enemy damage after each 5 enrages hit.
Star spangled SA should be about a lot of hits and do something while enemy stunned, maybe deal % damage for each hit in air etc.
I actually do think...
Her 1st SA... How about get enrage for every 10th hit combo for 10 seconds for Heavy Handed. I mean, that's nice, then her 2nd SA.. While benefiting from 3 or more enrages gain unflinching for 10 seconds.

I actually do think...
Her 1st SA... How about get enrage for every 10th hit combo for 10 seconds for Heavy Handed. I mean, that's nice, then her 2nd SA.. While benefiting from 3 or more enrages gain unflinching for 10 seconds.
I guess take off her ability that rely on charge attack that quite unique isn't a good idea. Should be improved something about it. Star spangled isn't really unique so full rework would be fine
Maybe change unflinching to invulnerability will help. That will make her usefull in rifts to kill fibers etc. Unflinching don't let you fall and use 5 enrages attack in other way so then you will be able to take hits without damage and use 5 enrages hit more easily than before. It could become too op so buff duration (if enrages wasn't used) should be decreased to 7-8s and requires amount of enrages increased from 3 to 5

Last edited:
I actually do think...
For Star spangled it can be something complicated like:
SA1: Gain timeless stack of armor after any fighters breaks a throw (1 stack of armor removes after any fighter do succesful throw)
SA2: While benefiting from stacks of armor gain bonus for each stack (when stacks losed, benefits too)
1 - Inflict timeless or permanent armor break (permanent to be able inflict usual armor break by Cerebella's tools, but I'm not sure, does it stack?)
2 - Take 15% less damage (like Big band's marque)
3 - Each hit has 5-10% chance to stun enemy for 0.5-1.5s
4 - Gain vampirism 10%
5 - As variant called STAR spangled, her usual attacks starts to deal full damage to block (as Annie's stars)
It can be less complicated, less lvls of powerUps but I think you got the idea.

Last edited:
It'd be interesting if Heavy Handed gained some form of HEALTH recovery, as there aren't any Cerebella variants that can reliably do that as of yet, plus it can help compensate for the fact that HH's abillities leave her open to intercepting. Works thematically aswell, as the title of the abillity is a direct reference to the 'Sandvich', a secondary weapon/healing item wielded by Heavy from TF2 (the palette reference). Here are some examples I jotted down based on the idea:

- Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds charging a CHARGE ATTACK. ENRAGE is removed after the next hit, granting HEAVY REGEN for 2.5 seconds for each stack removed.

- While benefiting from 5 stacks of ENRAGE, gain UNFLINCHING and heal for 50%/75%/100% of any damage inflicted onto the opponent. UNFLINCHING is removed after the next HIT.

- Gain UNFLINCHING for 10 seconds when using a CHARGE attack, along with ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging. Both effects are removed after the next hit.

- Gain 3/4/5 stacks of REGEN for 4 seconds when using a TAUNT.

I don't have many ideas for Star Spangled, as I haven't had any experience with the variant or her unique playstyle, though I did mention in another thread that DEADEYE could pair well with ARMOR BREAK to further help beat down against opponents DEFENCE. Additionally, i think it'd be interesting if her first abillity also applied on STAGGER, as it could allow for the abillity to be activated during a combo when paired with Pummel Horse.

- Gain DEADEYE and inflict ARMOR BREAK for 10/12/15 seconds each when the opponent BREAKS a THROW or is STAGGERED.

Also went ahead and tackled Gray Matter, just for the fun of it.

- All teammates start the match with permanent HASTE for 20/25/30 seconds.

- All teammates gain 15%/20%/25% BLOCKBUSTER meter when any fighter falls below 25% MAX HEALTH.