• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Help with Prize Fights!

PHPP

Reaction score
How do you get so many points there? Is there some kind of strategy to farm streaks? I've not even played for a week yet so it just seems impossible to me (at least the gold ones), I feel like no matter how many times I play I just don't get even near those max rewards :l

Another thing, currently I have 2 gold fighters (dreadlocks and red velvet) and about 10 silvers wich half of them are exact duplicates. My strongest fighter is Red Velvet with 1311 FS, so which challenge should I focus on the most at the moment considering my cards right now?

Bonus question: Which Parasoul is better: Heavy Reign, Ivy League or Sheltered?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: luckykhanh
There is no strategy - just 10k+ total team FS will allow you to easily get all rewards from list. Eventually you'll enhance some of your most used silvers or golds to that point and then, your farm rate will increase dramatically.
You should try to focus on everything , literally. All challenges are vial due to theonite and coins rewards.
Ivy League IMO, because she can easily prevent you from getting defeated on high PF streak due to opponent BB3.

to get through prize fights it would be really good if you have a lot of good fighters, because only having one good fighter limits your ability to get your streaks up quickly. the strategy i personally use (and the strategy people probably hate me for) when choosing my team for prize fights is have one good fighter with a good FS and two lower level, low FS. it kind of exploits how you get placed with other people, but that's all i got lol.
personally with your cards i would stay in silver prize fights because you wouldn't last that long in gold PF. having a high streak in gold PF means you're fighting players with fighters that have 5k FS and higher, so just stick to silver till you improve your current fighters and get more.
(i can't answer that Parasoul question since i'm investing in all three of them - Sheltered is good for damage because of the critical hit increase and Ivy League is good for preventing your opponent from getting their blockbusters. i'd say it's up to you)

The trick to prize fights is that both you and the enemy team actually have an upper limit to what their score can be, since who you're fighting is based on the teams other people are playing. Once your characters are strong enough to take out a team of maxed out characters, there's no additional difficulty piled on beyond the AI getting a little smarter. Then it's relatively easy to get your streak up to 10-30 in a row, and in the process net a huge amount of points.

So it's a curious system that make it impossible to build up a streak if you're low level, but fairly trivial to if you're high level.

Note that this applies to all the difficulty levels, so maxing out characters levels will help you in the bronze and silver prize fights too.

---

There's a lot of things to do in the game at that level, so you kinda have the option of doing what you want. Story mode probably has the best rewards available to you right now, daily events are a great opportunity to get some extra moves to improve your characters, and prize fights will provide you with some bonus xp, coins and theonite. Prize fights probably offer the fewest resources right now, but since they use a different type of energy than the other two, they provide an opportunity to level up characters faster.

---

In my opinion, the best of the Parasouls you've named is Heavy Reign, since she can pull out her block busters so frequently, especially her unblockable BB3. She's the core of my best bronze and silver teams. Sheltered actually makes a good teammate for her, since Sheltered boosts everyone's crit rate, and thus helps Heavy Reign put out more blockbusters too.

Reactions: luckykhanh
How do you get so many points there? Is there some kind of strategy to farm streaks? I've not even played for a week yet so it just seems impossible to me (at least the gold ones), I feel like no matter how many times I play I just don't get even near those max rewards :l

Another thing, currently I have 2 gold fighters (dreadlocks and red velvet) and about 10 silvers wich half of them are exact duplicates. My strongest fighter is Red Velvet with 1311 FS, so which challenge should I focus on the most at the moment considering my cards right now?

Thanks in advance!

I will give my feedback because I hope it helps you.

I didn't even touch prize fights for a while. I fully completed story mode and then worried about prize fights once I wanted to get past the higher level origin story challenges.

Right now for prize fights your focus should be getting your fighters up to snuff in terms of stats and getting the bare minimum rewards. Don't worry about 10% until you start hitting certain levels with your silvers and golds.

Make sure you try and keep a good balance of bronze, silver, and gold as you easily get 150 theonite for completing the challenges each week, totaling a little over 300.

The game can be a grind at times, but the key is to not worry about pace and focus more on moving forward, since once you start getting more golds, the game picks up rapidly for you.

I will make a separate post for the Parasouls since I do have all three and have thoughts on them.

Reactions: luckykhanh and PHPP

Thanks in advance!

Ivy League is the best Parasoul of those if you are comfortable with detonating tears without getting punished. Her ability to drain meter comes crucial in situations where you don't want your opponent to use Blockbusters, especially since when they are higher level a hit is a death sentence.

Heavy Reign comes in second as her special ability allows for a crit build set up. Focusing on stat bonuses that increase your crit rate will suddenly give you more opportunities to use her blockbusters. It really comes in handy since she can combo her blockbusters very well with one another so getting more meter gain through crit chance just makes her more powerful.

Sheltered comes in last because increased crit chance only does so much. It is nice to have because it means you can give her items that are less focused on crit rate and more on crit damage (or other stats if you wish). She feels a lot like Understudy Cerebella in that she is stronger as a support character since the other fighters in the team would appreciate the extra crit chance.

Reactions: PHPP
Most of the time the game is very annoying indeed. The fighters in gold prize fight increase power so fast that we might not keep up with them. I cannot train my fighters fast anymore because after I hit streak 14 I have to use my strongest team to advance further, and other fighters that did not have a chance to gain XP in previous streak will need to wait when I lost a fight and reset the whole streak to start with like 300 fighter score battle lol. The idea behind a defending team gave rise to a ridiculous team building that I find very deceiving just by looking at the PS score alone. I many times find that even a mid-level silver or medium level gold got invested in last tier skills like unblockable charge attack. Furthermore, they could be equipped with extremely high-level blockbusters or special moves that even one mistake of us will be regrettable, and these skills give enormous bonuses to the fighter stats that are not counted and seen on the prize fight score of the character. I once battled an 9k painwheel that has attack almost equal to the 15k painwheel I faced in the accursed experiment lol wtf. And some other times I saw player allocated a team of 2 1k players and 1 7k gold fighters. And the 3 choices available have that same stupid strategy. I have no idea why people could be allowed to set such a team since it is practically cheating as a 7k can easily punish all 3 2k fighters easily if we slip our hands for one second.

In overall, I think the game at the moment is so unfair that those who play a long time ago get so many advantages to dominate while new players or people who could not play so often are at the bottom of the well, and everyone just try to pull out all the weirdest trick to win the defending fight, making a higher point an extremely uncomfortable goal lol. Well, the capitalist system at its finest anyway. I don't even have a 5k fighter to easily get the top 10% easily and have to grind a lot, but I love skullgirls, so these things although are annoying but the fights are so enjoyable that I could not stop playing. So, just try to enjoy the game, log on every day to get bonuses until you get the silver lining relic at the 24th day for a chance of gold fighter and try to get your silver fighters evolved to gold as well. Eventually, you can get the 10% in the gold prize fight. It is a difficult adventure, but yeah I find life is much harder than it :D.

Reactions: PHPP
I played for about 2 months now. Haven't paid anything. Have about 8-10 gold characters now.
First gold is I think after I get 40 characters...
I now consistently got about 8-10 millions in gold PF that I can gurantee a gold character.
How to get here? Well, you will spend a lot of time playing. The good thing about SGM is that you really can play non-stop for like 2-3 hrs.. as you can rotate between daily events and PF. Notice that when you level up (from either daily event and PF), the energy reset and you can do BOTH again quickly. I also sort of timed my "player level" so I can play almost constantly.
Getting a few silver character (upgrade or through relics) should not be hard. Focus on a few good bronze to upgrade (Headstrong, Cold Stone, Beat Box) first. Get to basic minimum for gold first, and when your silver is close to max level, you can attempt Gold further. You will need at least 20ish silver/gold as GOld don't allow bronze.
And I agree with Lucky that the PF score is misleading. It doesn't reflect "defense%", "move level" etc... SGM should take those into account and give a better indication of how "hard" the battle can be, and rewarded accordingly. Also, the increase in streaks are not uniform. From 7+, it jumped pretty quickly.
Hang in there, just keep playing. Once you get 1-2 Gold (not matter what), it should be much easier.

Also, rather than trying to get 1-10% in gold, you should get the 1-10% in silver and bronze leagues and the 10-30% in gold first. It will give you two silver fighter and one bronze. Use the bronze to make new silver and level the silver fighters up and with enough silver you can also get to acquire a gold for yourself and get the 1-10% gold as well. One trick I also use is when I get to the streak 10 or 12, I only use my strongest team to fight. After 2 fights, I let them rest and then start fighting again at high streak. Using the strongest team allows you to win the high streaks easier, and the score you get will be much higher than all the previous streaks combine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamma Ray