• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How is it possible to defeat corrosive agent black Dahlia it's literally impossible !

snake

Reaction score
While playing expert mode on parallel realms the last one on 2/3 is corrosive agent black Dahlia that character literally never dies it's not a fun game when it's straight up a character who's immortal and you can't even win it because that character keeps getting more heath added.

While playing expert mode on parallel realms the last one on 2/3 is corrosive agent black Dahlia that character literally never dies it's not a fun game when it's straight up a character who's immortal and you can't even win it because that character keeps getting more heath added.
It's the devs way of getting you to spend money (or grind for months) to get the right character. Very poor game design, but that's what happens when a bunch of money grubbing psychopaths take over an incredibly fun and popular game. Welcome to SGM

Anyways. There are specific characters that can deal with her very efficiently. Death wish is the best because she inflicts hex and steals the barrier and regen. You'll also want to make sure you inflict slime because that will do damage every time she gets the regen. Short of that, you can use characters that inflict reverse polarity, bleed, or permanent curse. Remember not to use any blockbusters unless you permanently curse her or hex her first. Good luck!

It's the devs way of getting you to spend money (or grind for months) to get the right character. Very poor game design, but that's what happens when a bunch of money grubbing psychopaths take over an incredibly fun and popular game. Welcome to SGM
just not true. I think corrosive is a great game design as it requires the least bit of thought to beat her instead of the numerous other defense that you can just power through. There's a reason she falls off end game for having too many counters.

would you call dreadlocks the same for not being (easily) beaten by moonstruck, but needing some form of good sustain?

anyways, the best way to deal with corrosive agent is indeed not use blockbusters, get some way to inflict healblock (eliza, fukua have a really good move for it, squigly somewhat) and equip enough specials. The cheapest and most fun being nunsense to just overwelm the opponent with your own buffs.

just not true. I think corrosive is a great game design as it requires the least bit of thought to beat her instead of the numerous other defense that you can just power through. There's a reason she falls off end game for having too many counters.

would you call dreadlocks the same for not being (easily) beaten by moonstruck, but needing some form of good sustain?

anyways, the best way to deal with corrosive agent is indeed not use blockbusters, get some way to inflict healblock (eliza, fukua have a really good move for it, squigly somewhat) and equip enough specials. The cheapest and most fun being nunsense to just overwelm the opponent with your own buffs.
You can disagree, but it is poor game design. The combination of removing all debuffs, getting 3 stacks of barrier, and getting regen every time you hit her with a crit is extremely overpowered in certain circumstances. Comparing that to dreadlocks is comparing apples with concrete.

There are plenty of ways to beat her in normal play, but I'd like to point out we're talking about parallel realms. Good luck using nunsense to beat her on the final node on master or nightmare. To beat the issue that this thread was started for requires getting the correct character, which is bad game design in a game where you can spend hundreds and not get the character you wanted.

You can disagree, but it is poor game design. The combination of removing all debuffs, getting 3 stacks of barrier, and getting regen every time you hit her with a crit is extremely overpowered in certain circumstances. Comparing that to dreadlocks is comparing apples with concrete.

There are plenty of ways to beat her in normal play, but I'd like to point out we're talking about parallel realms. Good luck using nunsense to beat her on the final node on master or nightmare. To beat the issue that this thread was started for requires getting the correct character, which is bad game design in a game where you can spend hundreds and not get the character you wanted.
nunsense would still work there. any eliza, any fukua would be able to beat her up. It's like complaining Meow n forever is unkillable when you are using beo and then saying you need death wish to beat her. would you call Meow n forever poor game design? shes 'unkillable' if you dont bring any counterplay.
Meow n forever isn't great defense

If you want to complain, complain that certain characters have no access to buff removal/control whatsoever (band beo annie umby). Mostly just means you cant deal with buff heavy characters using those if the ability doesn't help either.

She can be hell at low level, but becomes very easy with the right counters. If you don't use a counter, she can be unkillable indeed.

First thing: You want to consider not using blockbusters if you don't have good counters. And no critical rate (unless you use slime debuff as you can read below).

When you don't have specific counters, the best characters/variants I used in the beginning myself are Beowulf with 2 wulfshoots (Wulfsbane is the best because he inflicts heal block and hits hard) or Cerebella with merry gorilla loop and pummel horse to prevent crits (Blitz and Glamour works best because of inverse polarity, as well as Harlequinn for easy gorilla loop). Also, any critless Eliza with special moves works, with Chaos Banish special move as well of course. Any critless character with only special moves works, but those three are some of the best for this job. Again, don't use blockbusters.

Now for specific variants that can work are counters:
- Phantom Wrangler : for a silver variant, she WRECKS all defensive Dahlias with the easiest way to inflict slime in the game, especially when you use hop to it (the dust bunny special move). This is your go-to early game imo. Have a high crite rate for a better result. Other slime users work as well but not nearly as good as Wrangler.
- Purrminator: requires high Crit rate (around 70% is good), but she is one of my favorite and most fun ways to deal with her. She starts weak but then becomes overpowered. You do need to use the Circuit Breaker blockbuster to reduce Corrosive meter though, or just intercept her which is harder, otherwise she may kill you with a BB3.
- Gust Buster : easiest buff steal in the game, and very fun! Available in monthly Marie Gold PF.
- Silent Kill: buff removal but a little bit weak in high streaks, and not as consistent as you'd want her to be
- Mean One: best counter in the game because she replaces all buffs with debuffs and drowns her to oblivion with one Argus Agony BB
- Rainbow Blight / Red Velvet / Heart of Darkness / Death Wish / Heartless: best HEX users and one of the better consistent ways to deal with Corrosive (especially Death Wish).
- Xenomorph / Dame Slayer / Space Case: best Doom users
- Stand Out / Ogre Achiever : requires high Accuracy, and they just prevent buff usage
- Unholy Host : removes buffs and inflict curse, but can't use BBs since Unholy nerf
- Rusty: She has a chance to remove opponents buffs and replace them with bleed. She doesn't work very well because bleeds get replaced by heal anyway, so a critless rusty...? nah
- Nunsense: notorious cheapest anti water defense, but requires you to stay in air element. She gets so much buffs she may beat Corrosive by brute force. It doesn't work on high streaks PF or high difficulty Parralel Realms though because her attack is low and HP modifier is very high.
- Doublicious: steals buffs, but can be a bit inconsistent
- Shadow Ops (also Purrfect Dark or Dark Horse): Curse, but can't use blockbusters. Shadow Ops is the better one for Corrosive because of her kit imo, which makes her able to use her Canopy Bounce BB.
- Soul Crusher: preferably with no BBs, can easily overpower her with deadeye and her SA2
- Unfazed and Vaporwave Vixen: Miasma cheese, but can't use BBs. Vaporwave is better because you don't need to hit her. Just use bursts and taunts to kill her with time.
- Djinn Frizz / Class Cutter : brute force with the drill BB to remove buffs, as well as heal block from Class Cutter with Drill special move cheeze
- Phantom Threads: removes buffs, but can't use BBs
- Furry Fury: buff removal and brute force
- Indomitable: Miasma and buff steal, but she is exclusive and is a bit risky to use
- Summersalt: Buff removal and brute force with her kit, but not very effiscient
- Psykid (exclusive) : inverse polarity but can't use BBs

As you can see, lots of cheap variants and PF variants available to use, not necessarily rare Diamonds or Golds.

Of course, there might be other ways, but not as efficient (like buff removal BBs or special moves from some other characters. Like, one very gimmicky way is to kill a bronze while having Dark Might to inflict a permanent curse on her. But very specific strategy for one variant isn't optimal hah.

Anyways. There are specific characters that can deal with her very efficiently. Death wish is the best because she inflicts hex and steals the barrier and regen. You'll also want to make sure you inflict slime because that will do damage every time she gets the regen. Short of that, you can use characters that inflict reverse polarity, bleed, or permanent curse. Remember not to use any blockbusters unless you permanently curse her or hex her first. Good luck!

Not true at all.

Check out my reply and you can find lots of early-game and easy counters. Some are even available on silver or gold PFs.

Reactions: Stone
nunsense would still work there. any eliza, any fukua would be able to beat her up. It's like complaining Meow n forever is unkillable when you are using beo and then saying you need death wish to beat her. would you call Meow n forever poor game design? shes 'unkillable' if you dont bring any counterplay.

If you want to complain, complain that certain characters have no access to buff removal/control whatsoever (band beo annie umby). Mostly just means you cant deal with buff heavy characters using those if the ability doesn't help either.
Well said, she can seem unkillable if you don't bring a good counter by mistake.

I used to have a corrosive on my defense when I used to aim for Gold ranks in rift, because most early players can be tricked with good combinations of defense/catalysts, but on dia ranks, I just dropped her completely for better defense, especially with the new meta hahah.
Check out my reply where I listed lots of silver and bronze counters, as well as gold and dias, some of which are available on monthly silver/gold PFs.

Again, comparing to meow and forever to corrosive agent isn't a good comparison. Meow and forever is beatable by any character outside of the rift modifiers, and almost all (if not all with skillful playing) with the rift modifiers. Corrosive agent can take down (or at least survive) most characters with her SA and MA combos.

Got a video of you beating a final node, nightmare difficulty corrosive with nunsense? I'd be curious to see what loadout is needed.

I am complaining, and I will continue to do so as long as this game is touting its design flaws as features. But every time I point out the obvious design flaws (that are consistently posted about on these threads by different people), you and two other people run out to defend the game. It's like you can't accept any criticism against a game you play. For players that don't want to lose a bunch of time grinding to find the perfect loadout to beat a character, they have to have a specific diamond or gold character to win those fights. Sure, you could say they're just lazy or they don't have skill, and maybe you're right, but a game that forces you to grind like that (or pay to win) is an inherently flawed game. It's just the reality of SGM

Meow and forever is beatable by any character outside of the rift modifiers, and almost all (if not all with skillful playing) with the rift modifiers. Corrosive agent can take down (or at least survive) most characters with her SA and MA combos.
But every time I point out the obvious design flaws (that are consistently posted about on these threads by different people), you and two other people run out to defend the game.
The only other time I 'defended' this game was when someone complained meow and forever was unkillable and I called that total rubbish. You are literally proving my point in this thread. To keep on topic though, I'll leave this just here.

If you are fine with a nunsense (doublicious is fun too!) beating up a corrosive agent on no mercy I can gladly provide that once I spot her. Even if she's way less effective on this difficulty (due to all debuffs having half the length) She'd still work. But note that I gave numerous move ideas that counter corrosive agent, not limiting one to any specific variants. Then someone else posted a fraction of some variant counters too.

Yes, I wouldn't try to fight corrosive agent with my beatbox, thats just a lost cause. Same that I wouldn't fight a solo meow n Forever with a dark might, or dreadlocks with my fire branded. SGM has loads of flaws, but this just isn't one of them. not telling players how to use tools like healblock might be apparently.

I agree with you, there are lots of flaws indeed that need to be addressed: obsolete variants and modifiers, newer variants always feeling better (encouraging the free-to-play business model of pay-to-win), new meta-making older and more than half variants feel weak and irrelevant and so on.

I must insist that this is a free-to-play game, which means that most players don't pay. There are costs to make such a quality game and to make it available and always up to date. Marketing, game development, art with all its components, and especially servers so you can host millions upon millions, with lots of fluff (hacks, attacks, trash accounts, etc.). A company's main goal is to earn money, so of course they practice some game marketing to make people buy, especially since it's a gatcha game. Sometimes it's smooth without screaming pay to win (like prestige abilities), sometimes it's pushy (like paid avatars). But there are and will be people who pay for anything and everything, good for them and the company, because lots of free to play players benefit from them.

I agree with you, there are lots of flaws indeed that need to be addressed: obsolete variants and modifiers, newer variants always feeling better (encouraging the free-to-play business model of pay-to-win), new meta-making older and more than half variants feel weak and irrelevant and so on.

I must insist that this is a free-to-play game, which means that most players don't pay. There are costs to make such a quality game and to make it available and always up to date. Marketing, game development, art with all its components, and especially servers so you can host millions upon millions, with lots of fluff (hacks, attacks, trash accounts, etc.). A company's main goal is to earn money, so of course they practice some game marketing to make people buy, especially since it's a gatcha game. Sometimes it's smooth without screaming pay to win (like prestige abilities), sometimes it's pushy (like paid avatars). But there are and will be people who pay for anything and everything, good for them and the company, because lots of free to play players benefit from them.
I agree with (almost) everything you just said, but that doesn't change the existence of the flaws.

The only other time I 'defended' this game was when someone complained meow and forever was unkillable and I called that total rubbish. You are literally proving my point in this thread. To keep on topic though, I'll leave this just here.

If you are fine with a nunsense (doublicious is fun too!) beating up a corrosive agent on no mercy I can gladly provide that once I spot her. Even if she's way less effective on this difficulty (due to all debuffs having half the length) She'd still work. But note that I gave numerous move ideas that counter corrosive agent, not limiting one to any specific variants. Then someone else posted a fraction of some variant counters too.

Yes, I wouldn't try to fight corrosive agent with my beatbox, thats just a lost cause. Same that I wouldn't fight a solo meow n Forever with a dark might, or dreadlocks with my fire branded. SGM has loads of flaws, but this just isn't one of them. not telling players how to use tools like healblock might be apparently.
The meow and forever case isn't just about the character. It's about the character with the rift modifiers, which is why it's not rubbish. I don't see how I'm proving your point. I'm correctly pointing out that the game has unwinnable scenarios and characters that require specific fighters to beat. You said a much as did the other guy in this thread. I understand you don't agree though, and at this point we're just going around in circles.

Also, just because there are ways to beat her, that doesn't disprove anything I'm saying. If anything, it supports my argument. Specific characters are required to beat her, and that's poor game design in a fighting game. It's should be skill based, not luck based.

Let me know when you have that video of nunsense beating corrosive! That would be awesome to see

Not true at all.

Check out my reply and you can find lots of early-game and easy counters. Some are even available on silver or gold PFs.
At a glance, it looks like you just proved my point... remember, I said the poor game design stems from the requirement to have specific characters.

exactly, its why I also mentioned one should complain about the lack of buff control (utility) in certain kits. For an easy example, most people know band struggles with basically anything nowadays. Way too little utility in kit and the abilities are lackluster.

Let me know when you have that video of nunsense beating corrosive! That would be awesome to see

Hope this clears this misunderstanding that corrosive agent requires these super specific variants to beat.

The meow and forever case isn't just about the character. It's about the character with the rift modifiers
my counter argument:
Meow and forever is beatable by any character outside of the rift modifiers, and almost all (if not all with skillful playing) with the rift modifiers
You can't say one thing and the exact opposite right after each other. It reduces the confidence others (and thus, myself) have in all other things you claim.

Last edited:
exactly, its why I also mentioned one should complain about the lack of buff control (utility) in certain kits. For an easy example, most people know band struggles with basically anything nowadays. Way too little utility in kit and the abilities are lackluster.

Hope this clears this misunderstanding that corrosive agent requires these super specific variants to beat.

my counter argument:

You can't say one thing and the exact opposite right after each other. It reduces the confidence others (and thus, myself) have in all other things you claim.
This really isn't that hard to understand with the smallest amount of thought dude. The fight is possible with enough thought and skill. You said it was rubbish that she's unkillable, but there is a situation where that exists (at the fault of the player). Thus, it's not rubbish. Both of my statements are true. And I know you know it.

It's disappointing that you'd take such a bad faith approach to an argument, just because you didn't have any actual counter arguments. You ignored my points, twisted my words by taking them out of context, and tried to say that makes me less credible. We were having a good argument. There's no reason to be so toxic.

Thanks for the video

It's disappointing that you'd take such a bad faith approach to an argument
the bad faith was clearly because of the argument, not before it. I even showed the reason how bad faith got introduced. If anything, you approached with bad faith with a clear line:
It's like you can't accept any criticism against a game you play.

I show with proof of you stating two things that are in disagreement with each other and argue how that leads to reduction in confidence of claims overall. Calling that toxic is more because you feel like its a 'gotcha' moment and you have nothing else to say in return. Admitting your mistake in either thought or wording is okay. Hope you can see this in future arguments, but it seems this one has been concluded. Have a good one.

the bad faith was clearly because of the argument, not before it. I even showed the reason how bad faith got introduced. If anything, you approached with bad faith with a clear line:

I show with proof of you stating two things that are in disagreement with each other and argue how that leads to reduction in confidence of claims overall. Calling that toxic is more because you feel like its a 'gotcha' moment and you have nothing else to say in return. Admitting your mistake in either thought or wording is okay. Hope you can see this in future arguments, but it seems this one has been concluded. Have a good one.
They were obviously not in disagreement. We both know they weren't and all you have to do is look at the context to prove it.

I called it toxic because it was the first introduction of intentionally bad faith arguments, which you've admitted to. We were having an argument where we were trading ideas respectfully, but then you suddenly switched to claiming I was contradicting myself and took two statements out of context to try and prove it. Then you continued building on that fallacy to say I have no credibility.

You created a narrative, knowing it was false, because you either weren't able or willing to engage with my arguments. That's why you've continued to ignore my points, even after I pointed out to you that's what you were doing. That is the definition of toxic behavior in arguments.

And then you got mad that I called you out and focused in on your fallacy, ignoring the fact that I already disproved it, so you could claim you won the argument. This is the online equivalent of plugging your ears and running away while screaming that you won.

If my arguments are so bad, it should be easy for you to disprove them, so then why aren't you engaging with them? Why are you resorting to fallacies and ignoring actual arguments I've levied against you?

Pointing out that you can't handle criticism of a game you play isn't bad faith. It was me recalling the experiences I've had interacting with the 3 people I referenced right before that quote. An experience that you just reinforced as truth.

I do have to agree with you on one point though; the argument is over.

If my arguments are so bad, it should be easy for you to disprove them
yes.

Good luck using nunsense to beat her on the final node on master or nightmare. To beat the issue that this thread was started for requires getting the correct character, which is bad game design in a game where you can spend hundreds and not get the character you wanted.

You dare to state that I'm the one avoiding your counterarguments when you're doing that yourself since the first reply. Where's the counterargument for using fukua/eliza, my first comment in this thread? I very much do not appreciate your slander. If anything, change your name.