• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How To Use Tympani Drive?

cappatacus

Reaction score
Is this one of those things where it can only practically be used when used in a combo with another move? I really haven't had luck with it, but all my moves for Big Band suck besides this one and I want something good for my Heavy Metal. I saw another post saying it combos after SSJ, but I'll take as many options as I can get.

Also, is there a way to use it from a ground/short combo, so I could better utilize it for Heavy Metal's SA?

I'd love to hear this too, since I've only really had luck using the move with either Noise Cancel or Super Sonic Jazz causing a stun, or against particularly obvious AI moves, like Valentines charge attack.

You can use Tympani Drive after launching on certain characters, but not all. It depends on the size of the character's hitbox when they hit the ground after a launch.

I've found that I can use Tympani Drive for sure after a standard ground combo + launch on the following characters:
Big Band
Beowulf
Eliza
Painwheel

It doesn't work on:
Double
Cerebella
Valentine

I can't recall if it works or not on other characters.

With good timing, you can also use it to counter dash attacks. Pretty much every character can dash into it and get punished.

You can use Tympani Drive after launching on certain characters, but not all. It depends on the size of the character's hitbox when they hit the ground after a launch.

I've found that I can use Tympani Drive for sure after a standard ground combo + launch on the following characters:
Big Band
Beowulf
Eliza
Painwheel

It doesn't work on:
Double
Cerebella
Valentine

I can't recall if it works or not on other characters.

With good timing, you can also use it to counter dash attacks. Pretty much every character can dash into it and get punished.
I have tried that before, but the opponent always blocks. How do you time this? Do you have to use it at the very last second?

I have tried that before, but the opponent always blocks. How do you time this? Do you have to use it at the very last second?
What do you mean by block? Blocks what, the ground combo, the launch, or the Tympani Drive?
I press the BB button right after the launch, so that--on compatible opponents--when they fall, they bounce into the BB. There is no opportunity to block.
On incompatible opponents, like the ones I listed, they don't bounce high enough to get into the BB, and therefore they just stand up into a block.

What do you mean by block? Blocks what, the ground combo, the launch, or the Tympani Drive?
I press the BB button right after the launch, so that--on compatible opponents--when they fall, they bounce into the BB. There is no opportunity to block.
On incompatible opponents, like the ones I listed, they don't bounce high enough to get into the BB, and therefore they just stand up into a block.
My bad, I meant while the opponent dashes. It just never seems to work out for me.

My bad, I meant while the opponent dashes. It just never seems to work out for me.

because opponents cancel their dashes a lot you have to wait until the very last second to do it. i usually wait until they’re bascially right about to hit me/entering the dash hit animation to execute the blockbuster.
i never use Tympani Drive after a launch because unless it’s one of the compatible characters that’ll get hit after launching (which are few) they’ll just get up and block.

I use it after a launch in a different way. If you are not in a corner, Big Band’s juggle will send the opponent flying to the right side of the stage. Then, the opponent will usually get up and dash towards Big Band, which is a perfect opportunity to use this blockbuster. Of course, there’s a chance that the opponent will just stand and block, or, in Squigly’s case, stand and charge dragon charges. So, observe carefully so you don’t waste your blockbuster. Of course, you can also use it when an opponent is tagging in. When the opponent is doing his/her tag in animation, use the blockbuster before he/she can hit you with the tag in attack. These are just general tips for using this blockbuster, so they aren’t very useful for Heavy Metal, but I still wanted to say something.

Reactions: cappatacus
Good night fellows.
As for Tympani drive, I always use the uppercut (swipe up), followed by Supersonic Jazz and then Tympani Drive.

This may cause stun due to the second move and possibly a boost of power when using the Tympani. Most opponents are always in the air during the process (Except Big Band and Cerebella). You may even be able to follow up with Take the "A" train to add insult to injury!

Well... Hope that info helps you fellow. Good luck on your playthrough!