• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other IMPROMPTU SERVER MAINTENANCE ⛑

Reaction score
Please. SG developers, if there's going to be a server maintenance it will be nice to inform us on time so we avoid playing during the time of maintenance...

I know you guys make up for the server maintenance inconvenience but there's more to it than just making up.

Like just right now. I had a 12hr xp boost and was grinding holedeck to build up my low level fighters and I just won the most important match, now waiting to get my xp I met a black screen and a pop up saying server maintenance... I'm not sure I'll win that fight again since the AI opponents you get are constantly shuffling! Oh God! 😭

They sent an in game mail a day ahead of time to announce this maintenance and it was posted on Twitter as well. How else do you suggest they announce this planned maintenance?

Reactions: Scorialimit
While I'm on the side of "yeah they told us", this happens so often I'm down to brainstorm ideas to make it happen less. Perhaps I'm the one in the wrong if it's so many people getting hit by surprise maintenance lol

They could replace the chat preview with an in game banner that say "maintenance is going to start from x:xx-y:yy", but adding this feature would require a maintenance, and also probably more than a few lines of code to check that it doesn't break chat itself... and that you can see it if you opted out of having chat open.

I guess replace that space entirely with a room named "updt" (I think the limit is 4 characters) that it forces you into where only the server can type? It wouldn't be a real chat room of course, just a

They could have a banner when you either open the game or go to the main menu that says "Hey, the game will be down for this time", but people will auto-close that thinking it's another paid deal. Attaching a gold gift or something would just make people ignore the message and claim the gift. Giving it a 3 second close timer might fix that issue, but if they added that to literally anything else I'd be upset so I'd rather they don't lean into that

UX design is hard 😅 striking a balance between making it obvious and making it something people don't miss isn't easy to do. My best idea is a banner on top where chat is (if you're brave enough to leave it open). Or right below it.