• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

In what order should I do my upgrades?

Crescent Rose

Reaction score
I haven't really done upgrades on my characters. I was wondering what upgrades are generally worth it and if there are any exceptions for specific characters.

Also what standout abilities/ blockbusters are worth maxing?

I would upgrade characters first.

Don't invest too much in bronze though.

Upgrade skill trees via moves imo. Getting 4 moves for your silver or gold character is a MUST.

Afterwards, I like getting the additional combo effect for your character via top of skill tree.

After I usually upgrade a bit of attack.

So characters FIRST, then move on to getting your gold blockbusters to level 6 because this helps too.

Reactions: Crescent Rose
I would upgrade characters first.

Don't invest too much in bronze though.

Upgrade skill trees via moves imo. Getting 4 moves for your silver or gold character is a MUST.

Afterwards, I like getting the additional combo effect for your character via top of skill tree.

After I usually upgrade a bit of attack.

So characters FIRST, then move on to getting your gold blockbusters to level 6 because this helps too.
Should I max out my slivers, or wait to get a gold?

Should I max out my slivers, or wait to get a gold?

The only silvers I really upgraded were Big Top Cerebella, Resonant Evil Big Band and No Egrets Parasoul. No Egrets Parasoul is the BEST Silver character by far. So yes, I would upgrade some silvers.

If you get a Gold, it is often very expensive and long to upgrade it due to either skill point issues or gold keys.

But ANY gold is worth investing in because even the worse golds (e.g. Eliza, Valentine), you can still Air Combo with them for a lot of damage to the enemy.

If you can get 1 gold i would prioritise getting 4 moves on that gold, then the air combo (top part of skill tree) juggler, then some attack/health upgrades!

Reactions: Crescent Rose
I invested in some bronze characters, which still have utility for doing bronze prize fights. Some bronze characters are really good and some have even better signature abilities than some golds. Most notably, Bad Hair Day Filia is my favorite bronze. She gets a chance to bleed on attack, which is incredibly useful against invincible and unflinching enemies. The back-dash after 4 taps is almost a guaranteed evade, so you are relatively safe on block.

They still help you in story mode, because some quests are "Bronze only", so don't be afraid to pump a little bit in bronze if you don't have any silver or gold.

I only level up blockbusters and special moves to 3 so far for the extra ability. You should save your gold for character upgrades- gold characters cost a lot to upgrade!

For signature abilities, I max the ones I like. For example, I have a Parasoul Primed, and her ability to gain enrage on tear spawn is absolutely worth maxing. Other abilities, like Diva Intervention's...not worth getting.