• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

INTRODUCING: ANNIE OF THE STARS!

*fainting from hype overload*

Looks like the Skullgirls version.
View attachment 11021

I'm only guessing, but the Annie animation looks like Jonathan Kim's (aka Personasama) style.

Seems to have more of an Indivisible slant to me:
indivisible-annie2.jpg
THEORY Debunked:Point is, Annie is one of the Guest Characters in the planned Indivisible DLC way back in 2015(ish), the only way for a new SGM character to drop this quick is that they used Indivisible as an opportunity to make a new SG 2ndE character and port them to SGM. New Theory: Annie was started during the IndieGoGo days but lost the vote. Existing work was planned for Indivisible appearance. SGM was popular enough to fund/finish Annie for 2ndE (and SGM by extension). /end theory/
Her visuals do stand out to me compared to the rest of the SG roster...like Norimaro in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.

Last edited:
Point is, Annie is one of the Guest Characters in the planned Indivisible DLC way back in 2015(ish), the only way for a new SGM character to drop this quick is that they used Indivisible as an opportunity to make a new SG 2ndE character and port them to SGM.
(This is not true)

This is gonna be so awesome to destroy my opponent’s with Annie when she eventually releases. And make them feel the star power! I have a plethora of questions as well, but I’ll ask my main three.

Will Annie have custom intro and outro lines across multiple characters and will the rest of the cast respond or have their own singular lines besides Beowulf and parasoul?

The launch is gonna be similar to Fukua’s so are her moves gonna cost 50% or more as well in the Cabinet of Curiosities?

Her background story sounds so awesome and interesting. But it also brings up my plethora of questions as well. Will we get an origin story at launch or soon after to get answers?

And that’s it! Super hype! Gonna save all the Theonite I can, And try to aim once again for a diamond variant, keep up the awesome work! And I’ll see y’all in battle!

Reactions: Rudølf
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time the mobile version of a game has directly and majorly influenced/changed the game it's based on?

Because if so, we're witnessing history in the making.
I dare say you could be on to something! When the mobile game was first out, it wasn't really bringing home the bacon. More like an effort to squeeze a bit more money out of the game. BUT as time went on it seemed to get more and more popular, and obviously must be doing something for the Devs to not only continue investing time and energy into the game, but to add a new character on the mobile version FIRST!

I can't wait to see the future of this game and what it will bring ♡

Annie looks super fun to play with! Time to save up relics again. Thanks devs for the hard work, looking forward to her release in the upcoming months!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time the mobile version of a game has directly and majorly influenced/changed the game it's based on?

Because if so, we're witnessing history in the making.
Well, mobile is the reason why people started getting multiple new intros, but other than that, yeah, nothing of thos scale has happened before

im hype for annie in the upcoming 4.4 update. But will u guys pump any other 2e palletes into sgm before 4.4 hits? I really really want kneesocks pallete in sgm ♡

While I was hoping for another male character—cough cough Panzerfaust—to add to the list (I know it Skullgirls but still), Annie is one of the more interesting people that could have been added as a new character imo. Would be cool if her connection to Beowulf was showcased in some fashion via her character. I think this is a character I’ll support with some $$, assuming she’s fairly priced. ;)

Will Annie of the stars and the future new characters be available for old gen consoles? Like ps3 or xbox 360. I would be really happy if it did

I have a sort of general question. I already own 2nd encore on steam, so how will I get Annie when she comes out ?

I love the personality in her combos! it will be very fun to play with her, maybe she will be one of my favorites from what i could see from the trailer! Thank you so much for the hard work!!

The thing I interested in is she's tailor made for mobile game in mind, so her combo and move will be much more fluent than other.
And her move seem to fluently connect too.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I have a sort of general question. I already own 2nd encore on steam, so how will I get Annie when she comes out ?

While we of course do not know, the way original DLC charaters were handled was they were free to grab for 3 months from release, and then became paid dlc. But then you got (the really) second encore which included all of the DLC characters.

Honestly, not that big of a fan of the three months free grabs period, but well at least we know that the mobile version will monetize her properyl. (And yes that's a good thing for us, because Annie needs to make money if Skullgirls is to continue expanding)

Does this mean "true" story mode is coming to 2nd Encore as well, since if I remember correctly, Annie's main thing was that she would have brought the "true" story mode along with her.

Annie was one of the characters required for the canon timeline to be possible to put together. But by herself is not all there is to it. (And boy I will have even more people bringing in the mess into the lore by trying to invalidate events of other timelines due to Annie)

Also keep in mind that a lot has changed since then, and the statement may no longer even be true. A lot of the information we have about the events comes from outside sources, which can be changed by later additions, for example Filia origins

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the news and sure Annie will be a huge success. Thanks to the team for all your efforts. You guys rock

Reactions: rexturtle1120
Freaking happy about that (Tho I'd have prefered Umbrella for story related reasons). I kinda prefer her original, smaller design somehow though, but she looks great anyway ! And that move set seems very nice and fluid !

Tho, I have one question: on what will she be updated ? 'Cause I got that it will include Steam and Switch, but will it also include PS4 and the long forgotten PSVita ?