• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is it worth it to evolve silver characters to gold?

gamescreator

Reaction score
IDK if this is the right place to ask, but whatever.

I have a bunch of silver characters close to their level cap and am wondering if it's worth it to evolve them to gold. Are they still useful at gold level cap? Are they too much behind from actual gold characters?

Reactions: Yomady
Certain ones are very much worth upgrading to gold, I've seen No Egrets, Resonant Evil, Big Top, Bad Ms Frosty and some others mentioned before. Also if you genuinely enjoy a certain type of character go for it, they're weaker than true golds but still much stronger than before.

While fully skilled pure golds are more powerful than evolved ones, it's worth noting that it's significantly cheaper to unlock skills for a silver.

For example, my evolved lvl 21 No Egrets Parasoul has the same FS as my lvl 32 Primed Parasoul.

I'd say to keep a few things in mind.

1. Is that silver's ability able to compete and be useful together with your golds in the Gold Prize Fight? Resonant Evil Big Band, Big Top Cerebella and No Egrets Parasoul are most definitely gold worthy.

2. Will you be okay without having those characters in the Silver Prize Fight?

3. How many silvers of that same character do you have? It'll be kind of awkward if you evolve someone and find a silver you like even more.

4. How much of the Story have you finished? Certain parts of it require very specific characters, most notably is the 1 Bronze vs 2 Gold enemies in Expert Going All In.

In general, I think you should always evolve someone if you find them useful and won't be hindered in the Silver Prize Fight or Story.

I'd say to keep a few things in mind.

1. Is that silver's ability able to compete and be useful together with your golds in the Gold Prize Fight? Resonant Evil Big Band, Big Top Cerebella and No Egrets Parasoul are most definitely gold worthy.

2. Will you be okay without having those characters in the Silver Prize Fight?

3. How many silvers of that same character do you have? It'll be kind of awkward if you evolve someone and find a silver you like even more.

4. How much of the Story have you finished? Certain parts of it require very specific characters, most notably is the 1 Bronze vs 2 Gold enemies in Expert Going All In.

In general, I think you should always evolve someone if you find them useful and won't be hindered in the Silver Prize Fight or Story.

I already finished story mode, and have a really big amount of silvers and evolved bronzes, so, by following what you and the others said, I will prob evolve some of them. Thanks!

Gold Blood Drive is also a very powerful silver to gold, and considered the second best Painwheel. She's an alternative to Buzz Kill if you don't have luck rolling her.

Reactions: moisterrific
This post is a few days old, but I hope this reply of mine is useful.

It depends on who you think would be helpful. Some have good skills such as "Resonant Evil" Big Band, and are probably more valuable or durable than other characters.

Evolve them if you believe that their skills will help tremendously in the long run, or if it fits your style.

I have a bunch of silver characters close to their level cap and am wondering if it's worth it to evolve them to gold. Are they still useful at gold level cap? Are they too much behind from actual gold characters?

Depends on the silver fighter, silver fighters evolved to gold on average will have lower base ATK and HP stats than natural golds. But a handful of silver fighters make up for the inferior stats with a solid signature ability. I guess it's also worth evolving certain silvers if you really like the palette.

Does the silver character will be back to lv1 after evolving and we need to lever up that character again??? Thats wasting, isnt it???

The level goes back to 1, but the character becomes gold. Gold levels are different than silver levels. A level 40 silver will have far worse stats than a level 40 gold of the same variant.
Also, I would refute that Bigtop is a useful gold because G.I.Jazz exists and does her job better; keep big top silver, her atk is far too low for a gold.

Reactions: Yomady and TRIX

Definitely its why we play to collect and build up teams!

Honestly I've seen a team in top ranks with a gold a silver & bronze evolved do amazing job on defense as well as producing a decent amount of damage.

Like "Oh Mai" she's great at all levels just with her Enrage ability & been able to bring the dead back to life.

Big Band even from bronze can dish damage not all are good but nor are all in the same league (gold, silver, bronze)

Definitely its why we play to collect and build up teams!

Honestly I've seen a team in top ranks with a gold a silver & bronze evolved do amazing job on defense as well as producing a decent amount of damage.

Like "Oh Mai" she's great at all levels just with her Enrage ability & been able to bring the dead back to life.

Big Band even from bronze can dish damage not all are good but nor are all in the same league (gold, silver, bronze)

A lot of evolved bronzes and silvers under-perform, but there are some outliers (namely Cold Stones, Rusty, etc.), but those are the exceptions and not the rule. A lot of Valentines have a pitiful attack stat at gold and their SAs are support focused. I know @Cellsai would refute the idea that Oh Mai is great, he knows far more about that variant than I do. But, because of the fact that most Valentines have poor attack and support SAs, they tend to be very low priority evolutions. The only Valentine I can recommend evolving from silver/bronze would be Icy Hot, but for the most part the decent/'powerful' Valentines are natural golds.

Big band suffers from a lot of accumulated nerfs, and his damage doesn't really stack up even with maximum combos. For example, Beat Box falls off in each tier you evolve him to with his SA being very average for an offensive SA, and his atk being outclassed more and more in each tier. Evolving is always better than sacrificing, but evolved characters are, for the most part, worse than the natural tier counterparts. Exceptions apply.

An exception: My gold has a higher base attack than my gold Untouchable Peacock, though Untouchable has much higher life. Peashooter is pretty great anyway.

Does the silver character will be back to lv1 after evolving and we need to lever up that character again??? Thats wasting, isnt it???

One odd thought, evolving a character to higher tier is less wasting and more a way to pull extra resources from them, in the form of skill points.

An exception: My gold has a higher base attack than my gold Untouchable Peacock, though Untouchable has much higher life. Peashooter is pretty great anyway.
Well, yes, but those characters fill two different roles. Untouchable is almost a purely defense only character, and needs the HP more than the Atk to get value out of her defensive SA. Now compare peashooter at gold to Ultraviolent, an offensive pea nat gold... And you start to see how statwise peashooter gets outclassed. Inkling is a bit of an exception, since her max atk at gold with SA active reaches about 6.7k atk. In most scenarios this will be her Atk.

One odd thought, evolving a character to higher tier is less wasting and more a way to pull extra resources from them, in the form of skill points.
Correct, that is one reason people evolve.

Well, yes, but those characters fill two different roles. Untouchable is almost a purely defense only character, and needs the HP more than the Atk to get value out of her defensive SA. Now compare peashooter at gold to Ultraviolent, an offensive pea nat gold... And you start to see how statwise peashooter gets outclassed. Inkling is a bit of an exception, since her max atk at gold with SA active reaches about 6.7k atk. In most scenarios this will be her Atk.

True, Ultraviolet has higher attack than Peashooter, but as someone who's gold Peacock options for a long time were Peashooter and Untouchable, it would be been useful to realize that Peashooter would have been putting out more damage on her own than as backup to Untouchable.

We like to say on the forum that golds have better stats than evolved silvers, but it might be worthwhile for a new player to consider that a defensive gold might be worse on offense than an evolved offensive silver, even neglecting their SAs.

True, Ultraviolet has higher attack than Peashooter, but as someone who's gold Peacock options for a long time were Peashooter and Untouchable, it would be been useful to realize that Peashooter would have been putting out more damage on her own than as backup to Untouchable.

We like to say on the forum that golds have better stats than evolved silvers, but it might be worthwhile for a new player to consider that a defensive gold might be worse on offense than an evolved offensive silver, even neglecting their SAs.
Well, it is true that silvers and bronzes have lower stat totals, for sure, than nat golds when evolved. So it's not that the statement is false. I think at some point people need to take it into their own hands to look into the stats of the characters (that we have pretty easily accessible on this forum) to make those decisions by themselves. If they're here anyways to hear us say that stat totals are lower, they can look them up as well and figure that out.

At some point we can only take so much responsibility for what people do and do not look up on their own. I guess. As more resources get produced it'll become less of an issue.

Here's my philosophy. Take it with a grain of salt:

There is nothing wrong with evolving "trash" fighters. If you have bought skills in a fighter, then evolve that fighter. They might not get you into Accursed Experiments, but they *will* get you to higher tier fights sooner than that shiny new gold fighter you cannot afford. I used Understudy like a rented mule for most of my low-level fighting, and now she's a lv 40 gold fighter that I don't use anymore.

She was not a waste. She got me here, and now I have the time and money to evolve Rainbow Blight to diamond. She doesn't fight any more, but that does not make her a mistake.

Evolve that Beat Box to gold. Get a marquee ability on Sketchy. Keep using Decrypted until she is no longer your go-to Eliza. Don't just take *my* word for it. Fight with the fighters that brought you to this point.

My second character to reach lvl50 was "rank C" bronze Heavy Reign (first was PF Filia). She charges BB3 in like 2 combos so she usually soloes anything without AFBellas and REvils below 20 streak. 2 combos (second combo includes umbrella for removal) and one BB3 for each enemy character. In case of difficult targets she can pretty much spam umbrella and sniper scope.

Another reason to use evolved bronzes is they are cheap to max out. Bronze keys are sort of a problem, but coin and exp costs are neligible, including marque abilities.

she usually soloes anything without AFBellas and REvils below 20 streak.
To be entirely fair, almost every variant in the game can do up to streak 20 at level 50 as a gold. It's not really challenging at that point, yet.