• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is Parasols Umbrella Really alive?

rexturtle1120

Reaction score
Hi!

I can’t remember it’s name but I know it’s similar to Craig but with a K so I’ll just call it Kraig. So parasol has an umbrella named kraig and it’s supposed to be a living weapon, but is it? Umbrella has Hungarian who always displays its emotion, and Queen Nancy’s umbrella even had a little head of sorts. I get the design is supposed to be kinda jellyfish(?) like, but are they any moments that we actually see it moving? Parasols rather reserved so she isn’t as kindred to her umbrella as her sister is. Still, it would be cool to see her actually interact with it, maybe one of those 2 second fighter intros.

Side note, I think it’s very interesting how almost every fighter is actually a duo of sorts. The obvious ones, Squiggly has Leviathan, Filla/Fukua has Samson, Eliza has sehkemt, Beowulf has chair. But I think it was also stated somewhere that the technology put into painwheel and peacock was actually alive in some sort of way, and I think if the skull heart is alive than I’m sure there could be some sort of being in that life stone Ms.Fortune ate. Just interesting to think about.

Great source! That wiki page gets its information from the canon info thread on Skullheart (the Skullgirls forum).

The Renoir family and their four umbrellas

The royal family of the Canopy kingdom all wield Living Weapons:
renoir-family.jpg

Queen Nancy: Tod
King Franz: Eroberung
Umbrella: Hungern
Parasoul: Krieg

parasoul-krieg.jpg

They are themed around Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and named in German. Eroberung = Conquest, Krieg = War, Hungern = Famine, and Tod = Death.

The last time we saw Tod and Eroberung was seven years ago:
uhoh.jpg

Kreig is sort of like Thor's Hammer for Parasoul. I believe Kreig is "alive" but unable to speak. They may have a mental bond like Cerebella and Vice-Versa where we don't hear them communicate.
Here's the wiki page on Living Weapons: https://skullgirls.fandom.com/wiki/Living_Weapon
Even vice versa makes expressions. But I get what you mean. Is Thor’s hammer alive too? It would be cool to get a backstory on how the royal family got their weapons, but I assume that would require making origin stories that take place a 1,000 years ago or so. I don’t think they would do that for a bunch of umbrellas.
Also RIP rod and Eroberung, they probably died in the explosion.

Even vice versa makes expressions. But I get what you mean. Is Thor’s hammer alive too? It would be cool to get a backstory on how the royal family got their weapons, but I assume that would require making origin stories that take place a 1,000 years ago or so. I don’t think they would do that for a bunch of umbrellas.
Also RIP rod and Eroberung, they probably died in the explosion.
I ripped this from the Marvel Database but: "Mjolnir demonstrated to possess remnants of the God Tempest's sentience. Moving on its own, and preventing Odin from lifting it. Mjolnir could even temporarily project a physical form capable of talking, though this power required a great deal of energy and would likely be at least a hundred years before it could be done again."

Short Answer: Yea Thor's hammer is also kind of alive.
I was originally thinking more like being mentally linked and only usable by who the weapon chooses. Thor with Mjolnir, and Parasoul with Kreig but the hammer being alive is also new info to me