• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Make more moves Special/Super Cancellable

7evan

Reaction score
So I was watching some Skullgirls 2E combo videos to get some inspiration for some potential combos in mobile, and one key difference I noticed between the two is that 2E has more moves that can cancel into specials or BBs, while the same moves in mobile do not. I think this should be changed, as it would offer more interesting combo routes. The logic should still function the same, with most normals being able to be cancel into specials, and most specials being able to cancel into supers. An example of this application could be for charge moves and sweeps; for most characters you get no follow ups from hitting these moves but with special cancel these moves will be able to start or continue combos. An example of making special moves super cancellable could be applied for Eliza's Osiris Spiral and Double's Hornet Bomber, where in 2E they can be immediately cancelled into supers while in mobile they can only combo in certain scenarios (this applies to more to Eliza than Double, but it's still odd to me that it takes a couple of moments before Double's DP can combo into super).

I just find it strange that this mechanic is already present in some moves (Squigly's DP being a good example, being able to cancel into supers halfway) but not applied to the majority of moves. I just want a way for more moves to be used in combos.

I may consider it coz this happens with Filia too as she can combo into BBs easily but characters like Bella and Eliza can't do it. It would help them to combo a bit longer. But it is compensated as Bella is hard hitter and Eliza's sekmet kit is way OP.
On the other hand fighters like Beowulf which are already hard hitters will get long combos making them very strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skulltoon