• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Making the charge attack upgrade more useful for low range characters

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Currently i feel like many characters can't really use their charge attacks as well as others, mainly due to low range.

The unblockable part works great for some, especially those with high range like Bella, Beo or Val and is also good for combo purposes for Painwheel for example, since it staggers in her case.
But some don't really benefit from it, like Peacock, Filia or Parasoul for example, due to low range and the subsequent risk involved in using it, since the enemy will be in range to just attack you during the charge up.

So what if, aside from making them just unblockable, the charge attack upgrade also gave characters a unique trait when using them.

For Peacock it could be something like a partial Cooldown refresh, to increase her zoning potential, or giving her a short buff to projectile damage.

Adding a unique twist like this could give these low range characters an incentive to use charge attacks, while adding them to strong users of charge attacks could also make them a bit more unique as well.

What do you think? Maybe you guys have some ideas on how make more interesting charge attacks? :)

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
Its hard to say. Unblockable is really strong, and each character have unique moves that shine for them. Cerebella has a good charge attack but her juggle leads into very limited moves. Peacock has a projectile in her L5 and a juggle that wall bounces. Parasoul has tears and a ground combo that makes characters lightweight gain height.

Its hard to say. Unblockable is really strong, and each character have unique moves that shine for them. Cerebella has a good charge attack but her juggle leads into very limited moves. Peacock has a projectile in her L5 and a juggle that wall bounces. Parasoul has tears and a ground combo that makes characters lightweight gain height.
True, but i think it'd be better if all moves at least had a purpose.

For some characters charge attacks seem pretty worthless right now, like the ones mentioned above.
Since i started playing the game months and months ago, i don't think i've used Peacock's Charge Attack more than 5 times (excluding accidently charging an attack) since the range is just really bad and just dashing back to preapre for projectiles for example is a much better and safer idea.

There's also other moves like trip attacks and the double swirpe right attacks which i feel don't really do much when you could just go for a juggle instead for higher damage.

Reactions: Al Qedic
Pretty much all charge attacks, even those weaker ones you mentioned, work as free wins in the corner and until that stops being possible I don't think it would be fair to make that attack even more powerful. Trip/sweeps and D2/knockbackers also do have their niche. As quite a few characters, the sweep is a good way to open the match because it tends to be reasonably quick and has a good bit of reach (though with other characters this strategy is useless); it is also the elementary, most basic way to end after a juggle – I found myself using it an awful lot when starting out and it was always a great help.

Dash 2 doesn't have many ways to be used effectively, but it does fill a gap in the market. One example I'd give is an anecdote where I was playing in a high streak weekend Medici Showdown and was careless enough to let my strong carry fighter die, and I was left with two exceptionally weak bronzes or silvers (I can't perfectly remember) that were totally bare of all equipment. Thankfully, the enemy was down to the last fighter. However, it was an Armed Forces Cerebella, so I knew that Hemofilia was going to be my only friend here. Because I didn't want to use lots of hits for fear of triggering Diamond Defence and scuppering my chances completely, I used dash attacks instead; somehow I managed to stall long enough for permanent bleed to do its work, so I drove the win home with a light tap. Never was I more grateful for D2 than on that day.

Your suggestion is pretty cool, though. It's definitely an interesting idea; I just don't think it would integrate too well with the game at the moment. Maybe a thought for the future?

Parasoul's Napalm Pillar charge attack has complete invincibility which has its use for countering
also, yes, Peacock needs some way to fulfill her role as a zoning character