• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Marquee abilities

iskileto1

Reaction score
I’m having a hard time with what marquees are good or compatible with most of my gold characters. Can anyone help?

Well which charecters are you talking about? It all depends on you really. Some variants may benifit more from a certain Maraquee, but if that doesn’t fit your play style (although it is important to be adjustable) than you may not want it.

Player level and story mode completion are also things to consider. Maraquees take lots of coin and skill points so they aren’t ideal for new players or players tight on canopy coin.

Of course I don’t know you, you could be leagues above me and just interested in what’s the best. Aside from replying with specific variants you have questions on, I’d look through the CHARACTER section of the forums and click on tier lists or the page of the specific variant your interested in. Somtimes these tierlists/pages will have people discussing what the optimal Maraquee is. One thing I know for sure, if a Fillia has bleed in her SA, you want to get the bleed Marquee (with the exception of parasite weave) otherwise go with the leech Maraquee.

The characters I refer to are phantom threaded, Vaporwave vixen, night terror, red velvet, diva intervention, rainbow, xeno, and also thrill shrieker. I have more golds but I’ll take your advice.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I would choose these Marquees:

- Phantom Threads - attacking type - Spectral Spite - more damage;
- Vaporwave Vixen - defending type - Wraith's Wrath - less damage taken;
- Night Terror - control type - could use either Marquee, based on how you're going to use her;
- Red Velvet - control type - does not actually need any, but I would choose Ritual Sacrifice - more Meter for Sekhmet spam and Hex;
- Diva Intervention - attacking type - Blood Oath - Diva has through-the-roof Meter drained from the opponent;
- Rainbow Blight - attacking type - Chaos - debuff insanity fest;
- Xenomorph - attacking/control type - both Marquees work very well - better survival with Volatility during Doom cheese or straight Chaos massacre;
- Thrill Shrieker - attacking type - either can work - based on if fighters you bring along with her need more survival or buff/Meter removal.

Hope that helps.

Why is Parasite an exception for The First Cut? 🤨
She only inflicts bleed if the opponent has stun. Stun lasts for 3 seconds and cannot trigger if the opponent is already slowed. I think the bleed is short too. I’m pretty sure the bleed is only like a 15% (or 25%) chance. So that’s a 15% chance to inflict a short bleed in 3 seconds, additionally there’s only a 15% chance to change that bleed to a permanent one. All in all, she’s not going to be inflicting many bleeds. Although I could be wrong. You could put a blockbuster or special move on her that inflicts bleed, but the same could be said for every fillia.

She only inflicts bleed if the opponent has stun. Stun lasts for 3 seconds and cannot trigger if the opponent is already slowed. I think the bleed is short too. I’m pretty sure the bleed is only like a 15% (or 25%) chance. So that’s a 15% chance to inflict a short bleed in 3 seconds, additionally there’s only a 15% chance to change that bleed to a permanent one. All in all, she’s not going to be inflicting many bleeds. Although I could be wrong. You could put a blockbuster or special move on her that inflicts bleed, but the same could be said for every fillia.
I see where you're coming from, but I still don't see the practicality in a leech PWeave. You're definitely correct in the fact that the bleed from her SA isn't very significant, but therein lies the problem with putting leech on her: if you do, she has barely any use in respect to anything.

The Filia variants that utilize leech well don't do so /only/ because they don't have any inherent bleed, but because their SAs generally benefit from it in some way. For instance, Windswept and Djinn both gain enrage fairly easily and thus can utilize leech to its maximum effect. BMF isn't known for a particularly high damage stat, but she can use it to counter Frost Armor in tandem with her constant armor break (I personally use her for solo Bluescreen nodes since her damage can keep up reasonably and she can use Ringlet Spike to distance from BS when she explodes).

PWeave, however, as you've stated, doesn't have any inherent bleed, or really any utility, except for her very niche use in Dark pfs. She was infamous back in the day with stunlocks and such, but she's pretty much just relegated to an upgraded BHD due to higher base stats; (or not even that if you dia and build the BHD correctly) she's exclusively a TFC variant with gold stats, which is why she's not held to nearly as high regard as pre-nerf. You can use bleed moves on any Filia to justify using TFC, yes, but you very rarely see it on, say, Djinn, BMF, or Windswept because their abilities in some way benefit from leech. PWeave has marginal effectiveness, if any, without TFC.

I see where you're coming from, but I still don't see the practicality in a leech PWeave. You're definitely correct in the fact that the bleed from her SA isn't very significant, but therein lies the problem with putting leech on her: if you do, she has barely any use in respect to anything.

The Filia variants that utilize leech well don't do so /only/ because they don't have any inherent bleed, but because their SAs generally benefit from it in some way. For instance, Windswept and Djinn both gain enrage fairly easily and thus can utilize leech to its maximum effect. BMF isn't known for a particularly high damage stat, but she can use it to counter Frost Armor in tandem with her constant armor break (I personally use her for solo Bluescreen nodes since her damage can keep up reasonably and she can use Ringlet Spike to distance from BS when she explodes).

PWeave, however, as you've stated, doesn't have any inherent bleed, or really any utility, except for her very niche use in Dark pfs. She was infamous back in the day with stunlocks and such, but she's pretty much just relegated to an upgraded BHD due to higher base stats; (or not even that if you dia and build the BHD correctly) she's exclusively a TFC variant with gold stats, which is why she's not held to nearly as high regard as pre-nerf. You can use bleed moves on any Filia to justify using TFC, yes, but you very rarely see it on, say, Djinn, BMF, or Windswept because their abilities in some way benefit from leech. PWeave has marginal effectiveness, if any, without TFC.
Fair point. Though you’ve reminded me how sad it is that she’s been butchered. You made a very good point about damage output that I didn’t consider, if your only leeching 35% of every hit than high damage would be a great priority. At any rate, I think it’s clear that OP should build up PW Maraquee last.

Reactions: Disasterrr19