• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Materia Girl" - Strategy & Discussion

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
MG-annie.jpg
MATERIA GIRL ANNIE
Element:
Water
Variant: Gold
Palette: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII), Sagan = Aerith Gainsborough (pale pink dress, red jacket)
First Appearance: 4.4 (fourth quarter of 2020)
Twitter Demo: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1313300122512564224

Signature Ability
LIMIT BREAK

• 10% chance to gain 15% STAR POWER meter when HIT (includes Blocking).
  • While in STAR POWER MODE, gain permanent ENRAGE, REGEN, PRECISION, AUTO-BLOCK or HASTE, and 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second. The permanent BUFF is removed when exiting STAR POWER.

"Speak softly and carry a big sword."
Source:
Paraphrase of U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt’s foreign policy: "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

Last edited:
Reactions: Art3mes
Limit Break seems to instantly fill the Star Power meter in big chunks, based on either damage taken or time passed, or perhaps some combination. Seems like a neat ability.

Another well rounder fighter. My speculation goes like...

Gold Annie - MATERIA GIRL (Limit Break) SA: Gains x% for STAR POWER every x seconds(?) // Activating STAR POWER at 100%, gain PERMA PRECISION if her HP is higher, PERMA AUTOBLOCK if her HP is lower.

Cloud.Strife..jpg

Reactions: BeepBoopMeow101
A bit of randomness to this fighter’s SA, but I don’t mind that. With some healing support, this character can be quite useful (or problematic, as an enemy).

I got Materia Girl leveled to 50 but haven't chosen a MA yet, because
  1. not enough skill points :(
  2. still not sure if this fighter is more offensive or defensive
Overall I've been finding her SA to be underwhelming. I personally seem to have terrible luck with the SA1 proc rate. On one hand, Blue Shift should mean that opponents deal less chip damage on Materia Girl, which should mean an easier time triggering her abilities during a fight. Also she's water element, so blue shift makes sense aesthetically. But red shift is potentially a game changer if you can string a series of combos with the right moves/BBs. And it could be annoying to have to rely on that 1/5 chance to get Enrage from the SA as her main damage buff.

Any other people with this fighter have any suggestions?

Last edited: