• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Meow & furever

Luke

Reaction score
I see that Ms. fortune still don’t have fighter threads so I’ll start one with the only gold Ms. fortune I got.

I find meow & furever’s sa great because I make dumb mistakes all the time like leave obvious openings for the ai to punish me. With streak multipliers any opening is too many openings. Well with meow & furever I kinda get second changes-ish, if I can get her leveled up maybe I can benefit for from the final stand everytime she gets it, but just getting it to actually inflict stun once is good enough to turn a fight around.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Sadly, Ms. Fortune as a character fell flat on the table since her release. No variant made any changes in the meta whatsoever, and I think the trial period is long due. Maybe she's just too mechanical, or maybe she just requires too much for too little – as some players have already noted. I think –and I really wish– she will eventually get some buffs. The mechanics she brought along were very underwhelming; maybe it's because it feels like the game suddenly got loaded with strong buffs/debuffs. Squigly brought Curse and Wither upon her release, which are two of the three nastiest debuffs in the game rn alongside Bleed effects. Then we have Fortune's Precision, with its only charm being the fact that the crit it applies doesn't proc SAs, which feels very useless when you have Curse in the game...

So yeah, idk how good is Meow & Furever really, but she seems at least a little bit annoying to go against, not to mention the AI's head game is on point, so it makes fighting Fortune kinda tricky.

Fortune is my fav character of all Skullgirls, and eventho everything I said, I know not everything has to be meta-relevant and competitive: at the end of the day I still play what I like playing rather than what's strictly viable, but I have to say she kinda disappointed me a little. Would be cool to see some adjustments.

Also sorry this turned a little ranty, I only wanted to give my thoughts on Fortune lol

Last edited:
Meow seems decent. A lot of people say she’s only good as an offensive fighter and too easy to play around but I personally disagree, as long as she has the right team backing her up she’s a pain. I also appreciate fighters giving me some leeway when I make a mistake- one of the reasons I love Bio-Exorcist so much.
I also agree with what Tom said, though. Ms. Fortune is so fun to play but her variants were a little underwhelming. Fun, but not necessarily the most viable. I guess that’s why there’s so much debate around some of her variants (namely Hack and Meow.) She’s a fun character, but is she truly great? Can Claw and Order outclass a Bio-Exorcist with easy access to wither and effective permanent bleed? Does Hack’s great attack make her weird SA worth it? Probably not. I’m hoping the devs will change not necessarily all of her variants but at least the golds a bit. Hack needs a total rework imo, and Meow and Claw could use a bit of love to make them stand out from the crowd more.

Until someone explains how to properly head games, Ms.Fortune is just painwheel with weird situational SAs.

I don't have Meow, but she doesn't look that awesome. There's a whole bunch of IFs to actually make use of her SA.

IMHO Claw'n'Order is the only really good Ms.Fortune simply due to awesome meter control (while you can satisfy the damage threshold). Except she's made of wet toilet paper and can die to chip damage. Well, there's also Purrfect Dark, but she's not a generalist.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one underwhelmed by her character. Such a pity, too. Her Head Games are just so tricky, especially trying to multi task in a battle, that they become incredibly difficult to use practically. High risk, low reward. It'd be better if head hits dealt more damage; at least we'd have a high risk, high reward.

As for Hack and Splash, I feel like she has potentential. Maybe adjust so that head hits don't have to land a critical to deal X% damage? This is one I really want to play with since a new way of getting the same damage as bleed is exciting.

Claw and Order would do better if there was even two more moves that applied bleed. Correct me, but I think it's only Hit Paws at the moment? And the bleed time for that isn't long enough to keep something going on the opponent.

At least she has a damage-per-combo-hit BB...?

Reactions: Yomady and Veeko
Correct me, but I think it's only Hit Paws at the moment? And the bleed time for that isn't long enough to keep something going on the opponent.
Yup. Unless there’s one I haven’t seen, all of her other moves that inflict statues are either Death Mark or Armor Break, excluding El Gato being a stun. I found that kinda funky- I mean I totally understand the devs wanted to make full use of the new debuff but I personally associate being scratched by a cat with bleeding, not being marked for death

Yup. Unless there’s one I haven’t seen, all of her other moves that inflict statues are either Death Mark or Armor Break, excluding El Gato being a stun. I found that kinda funky- I mean I totally understand the devs wanted to make full use of the new debuff but I personally associate being scratched by a cat with bleeding, not being marked for death

Fun fact about that! A little research, and I found that in Star Wars, a death mark is a bounty put on someone who is wanted dead. Guess they were pulling more on the Fishbone Gang part of her character with these buffs, and decided to add Precision to compliment it.

(would be nice if she had some more bleed but y know)

Reactions: Yomady and Veeko