• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Moisteriffic's Complete Tier List (2.0)

Thanks Ballotboxer!

Though now I'm a little baffled by why anyone thinks Headstrong is any good.

Part of what makes headstrong so good is her ability to break armor. The cripple effect is nice but considering how many of her abilities are considered "throws" it's a lot of bonus damage, especially in certain prize fight challenges like the current one.

She's also one of the better options for silver and bronze hands down, especially when paired up with Understudy.

My only gripe with her is that pairing her with Understudy almost seems like a requirement because of how strong their pairing. 50% increase in damage to throws on top of the armor break basically made silver and bronze fights a joke before the modifier changes.

Still, her ability is still solid as a solo fighter and she gets good enough stats to compete with the higher tier characters.

Yeah, her ability is just a Res Evil counter.

What's with Valentine's hate really ?
She's far from being bad, for example Last Hope (because it's the one that I actually use):
Her attack is quite low compared to others, but it's balanced by the fact that her attacks hit a lot of time and that her Blockbusters hit REALLY hard and can be comboed freaking easily. Plus Valentine's unique capacity make it impossible for the opponents to get their life back by switching.
Plus, she has a ton of HP and as if it wasn't enough, can survive death and come back with half her lifepoint, and, since it's Valentine, she can revive her dead allies with Forbidden Procedure.
Also, being Valentine, she have her Countervenoms that can debuff ennemies, stun them or reduce their blockbusters gauge and that can also be boosted with Vial Hazard (Yup, in case you didn't know, Countervenoms take Vial Hazard effects if you don't throw the serringe AND the effect of one Vial Hazard add up to all Countervenoms as long as you don't throw that goddam serringe -for the last information I discovered that today-)
Also her charged attack is a dash, which is great since you don't have to put her dash as a Special move like Cerebella and it pierce the guard. Downside is: you can only combo it with some attacks. Upside is: it's mainly Countervenom and Forbidden Procedure, which allows to revive a character that just die and deal great damages or to put down the opponent's blockbuster.

Well, then there's her Heavy Regen that trigger once per fight for all allies and who sucks big time, generally you'll die before tasting that sweet regen (But eh, since it's Valentine she'll come back to life when it triggers, so it's good .... but only for her)
And if you get caught by an opponent that can mess with your Blockbuster Meter you're in trouble if you can't get out of here with an Explosion.

But in the end, she's a good tank with good combo that make for good damages and she is the only character that can revive allies (and deal a fair amount of damages if you hit someone along with it).

What's with Valentine's hate really ?
She's far from being bad, for example Last Hope (because it's the one that I actually use):
Her attack is quite low compared to others, but it's balanced by the fact that her attacks hit a lot of time and that her Blockbusters hit REALLY hard and can be comboed freaking easily. Plus Valentine's unique capacity make it impossible for the opponents to get their life back by switching.
Plus, she has a ton of HP and as if it wasn't enough, can survive death and come back with half her lifepoint, and, since it's Valentine, she can revive her dead allies with Forbidden Procedure.
Also, being Valentine, she have her Countervenoms that can debuff ennemies, stun them or reduce their blockbusters gauge and that can also be boosted with Vial Hazard (Yup, in case you didn't know, Countervenoms take Vial Hazard effects if you don't throw the serringe AND the effect of one Vial Hazard add up to all Countervenoms as long as you don't throw that goddam serringe -for the last information I discovered that today-)
Also her charged attack is a dash, which is great since you don't have to put her dash as a Special move like Cerebella and it pierce the guard. Downside is: you can only combo it with some attacks. Upside is: it's mainly Countervenom and Forbidden Procedure, which allows to revive a character that just die and deal great damages or to put down the opponent's blockbuster.

Well, then there's her Heavy Regen that trigger once per fight for all allies and who sucks big time, generally you'll die before tasting that sweet regen (But eh, since it's Valentine she'll come back to life when it triggers, so it's good .... but only for her)
And if you get caught by an opponent that can mess with your Blockbuster Meter you're in trouble if you can't get out of here with an Explosion.

But in the end, she's a good tank with good combo that make for good damages and she is the only character that can revive allies (and deal a fair amount of damages if you hit someone along with it).
Countervenom is a better character than Valentine.

All jokes aside the biggest reason valentine is considered bad is that most of her SAs focus on supporting, but the game is heavily focused on DPS. Give val a good offensive variant and she'll be one of the best fighters.
Also Im pretty sure vial and countervenom doesn't stack, just tested it a bunch.

Silent kill is pretty good against all the "Meta" characters

Nurse fetishes are kinda rare huh?

Countervenom is a better character than Valentine.

All jokes aside the biggest reason valentine is considered bad is that most of her SAs focus on supporting, but the game is heavily focused on DPS. Give val a good offensive variant and she'll be one of the best fighters.
Also Im pretty sure vial and countervenom doesn't stack, just tested it a bunch.
There's also issues with her defensive capacity. I do not know if it is intentional but Valentine in particular seems to have by far the longest blockstun reaction time of all the characters, especially noticeable when the last blocked hit is low. This is horrible because it totally strips away several innate abilities like being able to interrupt an enemy attack string while blocking it by using a blockbuster or an unflinching attack like Battle Butt or a Can't Stop the Beat-enhanced dash. There's several other things, such as the duration of her burst (animation) being so long that it leaves her vulnerable to punishment even when it is used correctly to maximum effect. About the only issue in her favour is that her tag-in has such a wide sweeping range far in front of her as she leans forwards that it is unpunishable by Big Band's standard ground attacks.

Reactions: TRIX and Gamma Ray
There's also issues with her defensive capacity. I do not know if it is intentional but Valentine in particular seems to have by far the longest blockstun reaction time of all the characters, especially noticeable when the last blocked hit is low. This is horrible because it totally strips away several innate abilities like being able to interrupt an enemy attack string while blocking it by using a blockbuster or an unflinching attack like Battle Butt or a Can't Stop the Beat-enhanced dash. There's several other things, such as the duration of her burst (animation) being so long that it leaves her vulnerable to punishment even when it is used correctly to maximum effect. About the only issue in her favour is that her tag-in has such a wide sweeping range far in front of her as she leans forwards that it is unpunishable by Big Band's standard ground attacks.

Second worst. As someone who plays an absurd amount of Double, she definitely has situations where blockstun kills her (Cerebella and Parasoul in particular give her headaches).

To add on to the "Valentine is weak" train. A lot of her SAs rely on conditions that very easy to counter or too situational.

Graveyard Shift, Icy Hot, and Last Hope's regen passives can be cancelled out by simply having bleed.

Graveyard Shift and Oh Mai require killing the opponent or the opponent killing you to have the SA activate which means you basically don't have an SA until someone dies.

Hopefully they do look into Valentine as a whole (And possibly Filia) because I think she does need some touching up to be more reliable outside of Silent Kill and Surgeon General.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRIX and Psyche
Isnt Jab fast enough to counterattack? Her dash attack is a bit risky but I find her jab fast enough to punish consistently.

Isnt Jab fast enough to counterattack? Her dash attack is a bit risky but I find her jab fast enough to punish consistently.
The jab alone is quite quick, yes, but it is only effective for kiting and a few shield counters, while in many cases the blockstun followed by a strange requirement to return to neutral before attacking again makes the whole process sluggish.

I'm going to be curious where Squiggly ends up on this. I've been finding her pretty good in the limited instances where I've been able to use her. Usually I can't clear the Expert level of a daily event till I've had a silver version of the character, but I managed it with an incomplete bronze Squiggly.

Reactions: TRIX and Gamma Ray
I'm going to be curious where Squiggly ends up on this. I've been finding her pretty good in the limited instances where I've been able to use her. Usually I can't clear the Expert level of a daily event till I've had a silver version of the character, but I managed it with an incomplete bronze Squiggly.

Her AI is definitely up there and it seems to know when to use the sweep to create safe distance. The biggest AI flaw right now is that she charges her CA recklessly at times which makes it very easy to get in on her.

I'm wondering why Painwheel Twisted Mettle is B. No, she doesn't deserve S rank but her SA can do devastating damage, especially with Double Sundae School (Ironically, I don't use this Double despite having 40 lvl gold Twisted Mettle).

Reactions: foussi
I'm wondering why Painwheel Twisted Mettle is B. No, she doesn't deserve S rank but her SA can do devastating damage, especially with Double Sundae School (Ironically, I don't use this Double despite having 40 lvl gold Twisted Mettle).

The issue is she is better suited on the defensive side. Offensively you are trying to avoid getting hit as often as possible so her SA really only has use on defensive teams.

At the same time, it is very easy to negate her SA with immunity and regeneration and also simply because she is squishy enough to kill before she does too much damage.

Reactions: PHPP
Moist wat about squigly? Or is she coming?

Squiggly is dead to him

(Also in general)

Good job guys but where the new list? With Squigly and new members tiers?

Thank you.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski