• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Ms Fortune's AI is cool but also the bane of my existence

cappatacus

Reaction score
By this point, I've come to understand that Ms Fortune is at her most aggravating when her head is behind you. It's a cool mechanic honestly, especially as I've come to use it better. But do I use it as well as the AI? No. It's hard to keep Ms Fortune from using Head Games, which would be the obvious solution. Then, once her head is off, she can interrupt most of my attacks or attempts to move behind her head. Luckily she doesn't appear all that much in prize fights, but I have seen an increasing number of Furry Furies and M&Fs. They leave no room for mistakes. Could her AI be toned down a notch, or does anyone know a good way to counter her?

By this point, I've come to understand that Ms Fortune is at her most aggravating when her head is behind you. It's a cool mechanic honestly, especially as I've come to use it better. But do I use it as well as the AI? No. It's hard to keep Ms Fortune from using Head Games, which would be the obvious solution. Then, once her head is off, she can interrupt most of my attacks or attempts to move behind her head. Luckily she doesn't appear all that much in prize fights, but I have seen an increasing number of Furry Furies and M&Fs. They leave no room for mistakes. Could her AI be toned down a notch, or does anyone know a good way to counter her?
That's true, even if you had stronger fighters and the elemental advantage, it's still really hard to fight her, especially on rift battles, where the AI is a lot better than in any other mode, i once fought with Gray Matter (1,700 at the moment) against Just Kitten (1,020 or so), lost without even landing a full combo because she blocked all my blockbusters, it's her SA i know, but still, that'd give her the chance to pull out a 40 combo without even being able to counter or block, it was so frustrating that i just used Windswept (3,700) to finish her off, even then she somehow managed to get a lot of my health off, after that i didn't even try winning that battle since the guy had like 7 Ms Fortunes, two in the boss node.

I do find fights against Squigly and Painwheel to be hard too, however, they have some strategies which you can use to win against them, but it's different with Ms Fortune since it seems to me she doesn't leave any kind of opening, either when attacking of defending.

I do like the fact that she can pull off incredibly long combos when having basic, head, special and BB as different ways of attacking, however hey should at least nerf her in some way, at least lower her base attack or crit chance, head hits could have a chance of stunning you for 1 second, or even better, make it so that you can only use certain attacks when using Head Games, it might not make a lot of sense, but i think it'd be a decent way of balancing the fights.

Last edited:
That's true, even if you had stronger fighters and the elemental advantage, it's still really hard to fight her, especially on rift battles, where the AI is a lot better than in any other mode, i once fought with Gray Matter (1,700 at the moment) against Just Kitten (1,020 or so), lost without even landing a full combo because she blocked all my blockbusters, it's her SA i know, but still, that'd give her the chance to pull out a 40 combo without even giving me a chance to counter or block, it was so frustrating that i just used Windswept (3,700) to finish her off, even then she somehow managed to get a lot of my health off, after that i didn't even try winning that battle since the guy had like 7 Ms Fortunes, two in the boss node.

I do find fights against Squigly and painwheel to be hard too, however, they have some strategies which you can use to win against them, but it's different with Ms Fortune since it seems to me she doesn't leave any kind of opening, either when attacking of defending.

I do like the fact that she can pull off incredibly long combos when having basic, head, special and BB as different ways of attacking, however hey should at least nerf her in some way, at least lower her base attack or crit chance, head hits could have a chance of stunning you for 1 second, or even better, make it so that you can only use certain attacks when using Head Games, it might not make a lot of sense, but i think it'd be a decent way of balancing the fights.
I feel it would be better to just lower the AI of her a bit more rather than lower her attack, so the actual players don't miss out on too much. Head hits stunning the opponent sounds like it might just make the problem worse, unless you mean the attack is lowered and there's the stun chance. Even then......just dumbing down her AI seems like the best option, if only by a little bit. Or maybe granting bonus meter when hit by her head/blockbusters go uninterrupted by her head.

Reactions: B_W
I feel it would be better to just lower the AI of her a bit more rather than lower her attack, so the actual players don't miss out on too much. Head hits stunning the opponent sounds like it might just make the problem worse, unless you mean the attack is lowered and there's the stun chance. Even then......just dumbing down her AI seems like the best option, if only by a little bit. Or maybe granting bonus meter when hit by her head/blockbusters go uninterrupted by her head.
Sorry, i didn't mean that you'd stun the opponent with a head hit, my mistake, i mean to say that, assuming you were using Ms. Fortune, there could be a chance (Say, 20%) for her to get stunned for at least a second after nailing a head hit on an opponent, and i do like your idea too.

I do find fights against Squigly and Painwheel to be hard too, however, they have some strategies which you can use to win against them, but it's different with Ms Fortune since it seems to me she doesn't leave any kind of opening, either when attacking of defending
Paiinwheel I think it's okay. Squigly really is a nightmare, and sometimes I have some difficult with Double. Ms.Fortune heads off? Very hard. Sometimes i lost in the daily event to her

Ms. Fortune's AI is insane, not even attacking her head is an option as it leaves you open to her either charging or a blockbuster to the face, both of which will probably keep you combo-locked.
Squiggly's AI is hard bordering on the unfair as in my experience its impossible to attack her up close, as she immediatly blocks when you get close, even in the midle of her charging, the solution to that is just playing peacock, but honestly leaves much to be desired to be a fair opponent.

I think Painwheel is fair, to be honest.

Sorry, i didn't mean that you'd stun the opponent with a head hit, my mistake, i mean to say that, assuming you were using Ms. Fortune, there could be a chance (Say, 20%) for her to get stunned for at least a second after nailing a head hit on an opponent, and i do like your idea too.
That sounds better, but even then, does that kind of limit the players who do enjoy using Head Games and just make it an even less viable option for them than it already is? See, I feel that adjusting her CA will have an unfair effect on both the player and the AI, while the AI adjustment alone will fix the issue in a less roundabout way. Your idea is interesting though. With the damage her head already takes, though.....maybe too much.

Unrelated, but I've also come to realize that Ms Fortune's head can take damage while tagging out. I.e. I've been killed while tagging out. Yikes.

Reactions: B_W