1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Characters Nerf XENOMORPH

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by M12bj, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Skepticemia

Skepticemia New Member

Yeah, but that was probably because after 30 seconds Surgeon General gives her teammates immunity. Autoimmune only gives immunity after a debuff has been put on. So it doesn't prevent Doom from being applied, as long as no other debuffs are applied before Doom.

Psyche likes this.
  2. Fel

Fel wuf

To illustrate my point about Xeno limiting design space, I don't think there's any node in Master Story mode you can't cheese with Xenomorph when she can be selected. Restrictions still do exist but anyone that owns a Xeno can breeze through the fights where she can be used.
    I assume the devs probably had to keep Xenomorph in mind when designing Master difficulty and its restrictions though.

She is easily one of the least interactive variants in the game IMO.

3. Lulero

Lulero Member

My bad, the way I quoted @Fel I forgot to give enough context. It was referring to single player content, not rifts. But he just fixed that himself and expanded a bit (post above this one).

Like it or not, story nodes are about tailoring a team, sometimes from scratch, to take care of specific modifiers. Especially Master. If Xeno is allowed, AFAIK, it's always a no-brainer though. It's even worse than that since many modifiers literally don't matter, she does her thing and that's it, "you win". If Xeno is left as is, future master stories (Origin?) will be the same. Not much "space" to "design" challenging nodes. Myself, I like having challenges left. I'm still stuck on 2 nodes in Ascent for 100% and I'm enjoying getting closer and closer every passing day.

The issue is sort of similar in rift, ideally you'd want to pick to most fitting counter to the node you are facing, but when you default to Xeno you basically decide to ignore what your opponent crafted. And in many cases, it's easy. It doesn't bother me as much as for stories though. Especially if, as everyone seems to support, attacker and catalyst diversity becomes a thing.

4. Starsmore

Starsmore Active Member

I use Xenomorph for the raw power, doom is a nice debuffs but i beat my opponent before it expires or even without applying it 90% of the times.
    Nope, changed element way before the thirty seconds and Assassin's Greed got immunity, beat her, Surgeon general was the next fighter and also her got immunity instead of doom. I don't remember excactly who was the other fighter, maybe a Stand Out or a Love Crafted, anyway no one that was able to give immunity to the team.

5. Skepticemia

Skepticemia New Member

So you're saying that you transmuted to Dark element before 30s and instead of applying Doom, Assassin's Greed got immunity? And then the same thing happened to Surgeon General? You didn't apply another debuff to either of them prior to transmuting to Dark?

Autoimmune is: " % chance when suffering a DEBUFF to gain IMMUNITY for X seconds ". So Doom is the debuff, and immunity would come after the Doom. Immunity doesn't get rid of the debuffs the player has at that moment, just prevents them from getting any new ones. So I don't really see how what you are saying could have happened.

6. Gamma Ray

Gamma Ray Active Member

Look, I am not going to deal with people not giving a full story. I am one of the most avid players of Xenomorph, and I know you can Doom even against autoimmune. You are leaving out a crucial part of your fight @Starsmore and you're not convincing me that you didn't already debuff them before trying to go for doom.

7. Jaz00

Jaz00 Active Member

@Starsmore you sure it’s not a Private Dick? I had totally forgotten about his SA and was like.. why isn’t Doom applying on him?

Otherwise, it’s like what everyone else is saying - autoimmune does not stop Doom.