• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

New player? No worries! Here are some tips for getting started.

Shushikara

Reaction score
Hey guys! Shushikara here. If you are a new player, you probably are confused as to how to play this Street Fighter-like game. So here are some tips to get you started.

1. Quick jabs​

Quick jabbing is just tapping your screen with whatever finger (preferably the thumb) and whatever hand (preferably right).
Each fighter has their quick jab animations, and as you unlock the skill tree nodes you will get longer and more advanced combos for your fighters, along with many special abilities.

A tip:​

When you finish your quick jab combo, you can swipe up and do a juggle. Kind of like an aerial attack in Smash Bros. Your opponent will be COMPLETELY PARALYZED during your combo unless they Burst or have the Auto Block modifier on.

2. Combos and combo varieties​

Not every combo has to be the traditional jab and juggle. You can mix them all up.

A tip:​

When in the middle of a juggle, you can tap on a special blockbuster or special move to do it as soon as you finish the juggle. I like to use Lobs Of Love after Fukua's aerial, or maybe end with a slide attack. That brings me to the controls.

3. Controls​

I know I should've started with this, but here we are. Not much we can do now. So stick with me. To do a dash attack, you swipe forward with your right thumb (or left, whichever). Swipe forward twice for your fighter to do a two-hit dash attack.

Grabs​

Swipe with two fingers forward to do a grab. These come in handy when your opponent is blocking. If someone tries to grab you, swipe forward with two fingers. This is called a Grab Break. Cerrebella's grab break causes staggering for the other player, allowing you to combo them right away.

Slide attack​

Swipe down to do a slide attack. These are helpful when you want to finish a juggle.

Moving forward and back​

Swipe with your left thumb to dash backward. This is good for dodging an unblockable charged attack. Swipe forward to dash forward. If you idle for too long your fighter will slowly walk towards your opponent. The same goes for your opponent. (Try this with Squigly in training. Her walking animation is so CUTE :3)

Alright. That's all, peeps. I'll write some more about the different game modes. But before that, so long and I hope I've helped you out!

P.S. Find me on Skullgirls as Shushikara☠ (Yes you need to have the skull at the end).
P.S.S. Find me on Skullheart as Shushikara.
P.S.S.S. Alright enough P.S' lol.

Reactions: opera ghost!
If anyone has any questions, you can ask me here! I want this thread to be as welcome to new players as conceivable. Please don't argue or be disrespectful. I don't want this to be archived. Thank you!~~~~~

Find me on Skullgirls Mobile as Shushikara☠ (Yes you need the Skull)