• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 5.2 Update Notes - Black Dahlia's Debut!

As always, quality of life updates improving the game by a lot. Those rerolls will be a blessing. And Dahlia looks amazing! I can't wait to play her. Show me your Moves finally being a useful prize fight is unexpected. Who would've thought?
i can’t wait to make custom palettes for dahlia (dark enchantress cookie, PEACOCK?!,susie from kirby, ect…….,,.)

You may have noticed that Black Dahlia is a little lighter on Blockbusters compared to other characters. Every good villain knows you can’t show all your cards at once, and Dahlia may have a few tricks she’s not ready to show off quite yet. Keep an eye out for new Blockbusters in future updates!
I have to raise an eyebrow to this statement. The majority of characters have 6 BBs (a few have 5 and Val, being Val, has 8!).
Hmm...why say that Dahlia's FIVE BBs are on the light side. 5 BBs already syncs with Annie/Squigly/Robo/MsF...is it cuz she only has ONE BB2 and everyone else has 2?...I mean, light would mean Dahlia had less than 5 BBs...

I do not recall any other character getting additional BBs after release...of course, there's been a lot of additions over 5 years...so my memory/forum searching might not be reliable...maybe I'm reading too much into this statement.

Maybe it's cuz Dahlia has so many moves in 2E that are still being polished/refined but still had enough done to be able to drop Dahlia in SGM as per the 2022 roadmap...but depending on how many new Blockbusters for Dahlia are coming down the road...might kinda open up the door for the rest of the cast...🤔

Dahlia's finally here, Hell Yeah!!! Also, this new update looks really pretty and full of offers and QoL improvements. I'm looking forwards to use xp treats and gift exchanges a lot in the future! But in my honest opinion Black Dahlia update should be renamed to Robo Fortune fix update. You did THE THING, you fixed THE BUG! Thank you!

Reactions: Ttime
Fantastic update! Going to pick up the guaranteed gold dahlia package as soon as I log in. She looks so fun I can’t wait to try her out and collect all variants

yay to SMYM 2.0. I can get rid of silver variants now after all these years, not that I’ve played SMYM for a long time anyways.

really appreciate umbrella rework. She was definitely underwhelming so hopefully this rework makes her better. I still think she should have access to immunity or precision maybe through taunt because you’re likely going to trigger RE stun or autoblock before you can apply slime and trigger their buffs. On paper, I’m not sure if making slime stackable fully fixed her but I haven’t played yet so could be wrong.

finally able to convert pink gifts to gold gifts. 0 / 50 days really suck! Now only if Bones would add me to his friend list then I can send him gold gifts everyday like I

HH precision bug finally fixed? Totally unexpected.

super excited with this update. See you all in game.

Ok so after playing with the retake system, there is still a major flaw to the system: you cannot control which stat will be leveled up. Which means even if you get a banger 3/3 move, you cannot control the level distribution and leveling up a stat is still random. This is a big deal since this means you have no control of whether there is a stat overflow in your character’s moveset. Hopefully this gets addressed in a near update, but I’m just a little disheartened by this.

Ok so after playing with the retake system, there is still a major flaw to the system: you cannot control which stat will be leveled up. Which means even if you get a banger 3/3 move, you cannot control the level distribution and leveling up a stat is still random. This is a big deal since this means you have no control of whether there is a stat overflow in your character’s moveset. Hopefully this gets addressed in a near update, but I’m just a little disheartened by this.
Also to add on you can’t reroll a stat lvl up on a level 15 move which is another deal breaker. so if you lvl up a move all the way to lvl 15 but the stat distribution isn’t what you wanted, you’re kinda skrewed :(.

Really loving the SAs of dahlia variants, especially the green Martial Outlaw - hurray for another useful support variant! Interesting they’re all air element though.

Regarding move rerolls, I think it’s a good step and don’t mind so much about stat distribution. That would be too good as everyone would just maximize ATk and HP and it’d be clones everywhere. You know, you could reroll that 9% atk to something else, then reroll that 33% def to atk, then reroll that 9% back to Def. How about that as a workaround?

Regarding move rerolls, I think it’s a good step and don’t mind so much about stat distribution. That would be too good as everyone would just maximize ATk and HP and it’d be clones everywhere. You know, you could reroll that 9% atk to something else, then reroll that 33% def to atk, then reroll that 9% back to Def. How about that as a workaround?
Yep, that's what's gonna happen; probably the most efficient use of CC and Retakes is to max the CC you want to spend on upgrades first, then reroll which ever 'slot' was upgraded the most often...

Reactions: Art3mes
I remember there was a thread in the forum discussed the gift system and pink gift vs gold gift economy, and the devs said that they don't want to add conversion because that'll just make people grind to get 50 gold gifts anyway and make pink gift obsolite.
In my opinion, the gift is just a nice bonus on top of what I'm already enjoy to play, and there is no reason to give all of my friends gold gifts now.
The exp consumeable is a little underwhelming tbh, it's good that it's there, but the exp gain is still low for "late game" player to level up a diamond. I have a fresh Tres Chic and trying using the free consumable they give (3 of each), she only got to level 15, which is way lower than if I use an exp booster and in a holodeck match.
The exp needed for a fighter to max 60 level diamond is ~26 million -> That'll take ~520 of the biggest consumables, even on bronze, one big one can't bring them to max, and we don't know the drop rate or how rare they are, so I guess we still need to rely on holodeck hazard to level up diamond, and consumable just be a little bit on top
Edit: Just try Holodeck Hazard Master, finish the fight reward you with 10 big consumable, 50k each ->500k exp, and that's acutally not that bad, on top of big exp chunk from Holodeck aswell

Last edited:
Usually I'll just go "flow with time" to get new variants without intentionally buy the relics, except by Cabinet.
However, the only update I REALLY hyped with is...

The GOLD GIFT CONVERSION!!!

You guys are really listened to me (I think some player might feel this too) and I really felt grateful for this one~~~ 😭

Love you all~ 🥰

Btw, got Corrosive Agent at the first pull 😁 just tried once.

Last edited:
Really loving the SAs of dahlia variants, especially the green Martial Outlaw - hurray for another useful support variant! Interesting they’re all air element though.

Honestly I was thinking it could be made into another resource. An idea I had was that maybe this resource would "degrade" a move lvl down by one (so making a lvl 15 move a lvl 14 move for example). This way you still have a chance to upgrade the stat you want, but it's not guaranteed. So it's similar to retakes in that the stat you change/upgrade is still random. If that's too good you could also balance it out by making this resource more rare than the retakes if that helps.

My main concern isn't maximizing attack% and HP%, but is to lower the risk of stat overflow. Certain stats have caps on them, for example piercing. If you roll a piercing % greater 50%, that stat upgrade basically becomes useless.

I know this idea is a bit greedy and "too" good, but since the devs have already implemented move rerolls, what's stopping them from doing more? I'm never gonna say no to less RNG.

¿Se aplica como Tags In al oponente entrante después de matar al luchador anterior? Estoy preguntando por Unholy Host.

it's the outfit Dahlia wore to the execution of the Contiello family
Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil 8. Excellent way of presenting the reference, i love it

The chance on Tongue twister is a bit underwhelming.After a combo with Acid Flux and Tongue twister I only managed to get 3 stacks. She needs something with guaranteed slm other than her PA which I never use.

And by something I mean put a chance on salt grinder.

Last edited:
The chance on Tongue twister is a bit underwhelming.After a combo with Acid Flux and Tongue twister I only managed to get 3 stacks. She needs something with guaranteed slm other than her PA which I never use.

And by something I mean put a chance on salt grinder.
I dunno man.

3 slime stacks is 6% health drop per buff, already higher than a single stack. And then you still can use Bubblin' Bobble, PA, SAs and getting 5 stacks seem pretty easy.

Also Tongue Twister is an unblockable command grab that also heals you.. That's a lot of utility already.

Reactions: ComCube_V972
Love the update, Black Dalia looks awesome, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ROBO FIX it's been ruining some of my matches 😄
Start reroll is cool, XP consumables look good, but still need to toy with them.

Howerver I found special shots icons to be confusing as they don't match their associated elements, I think you should swap them around (the colors themselves are nice)

One more possible bug tho!
The digits in numbers have no spaces between them for some reason so large numbers are much harder to read now

I dunno man.

3 slm stacks is 6% health drop per buff, already higher than a single stack. And then you still can use Bubblin' Bobble, PA, SAs and getting 5 stacks seem pretty easy.

Also Tongue Twister is an unblockable command grab that also heals you.. That's a lot of utility already.
Using other kit means losing my infinity combo which I won't trade with umbrella and since the opponents don't get to attack, PA gets no chance to shine. I just fell slm doesn't return much for me to switch things up we might find a some value in PFs with buff mods.
But for punishing buff dependents, death wish has that covered and slm is just something extra on the side.
You should do a video showing it's potential when you get the chance, that is if it will be worth it with recent changes.

Am not allowed to use slm but you are? How?

Using other kit means losing my infinity combo which I won't trade with umbrella and since the opponents don't get to attack, PA gets no chance to shine. I just fell slm doesn't return much for me to switch things up we might find a some value in PFs with buff mods.
But for punishing buff dependents, death wish has that covered and slm is just something extra on the side.
You should do a video showing it's potential when you get the chance, that is if it will be worth it with recent changes.
Fair enough. If you have an infinity combo going already, anything else probably won't amount to much. I do wanna cover Umbrella's buffs sometime after Dahlia. From theory-crafting, it all seems positive and definitely better than previously. Does Umbrella need more buffs? Now that's debatable, I could see some variants having tweaks and adjustments. But as far as her base kit goes, she's definitely in a better position.

Am not allowed to use slm but you are? How?
I don't get what this means lol.

Fair enough. If you have an infinity combo going already, anything else probably won't amount to much. I do wanna cover Umbrella's buffs sometime after Dahlia. From theory-crafting, it all seems positive and definitely better than previously. Does Umbrella need more buffs? Now that's debatable, I could see some variants having tweaks and adjustments. But as far as her base kit goes, she's definitely in a better position.

I don't get what this means lol.
Well slm = Umbrella's debuff. When I type the word in full or add an "i" I'm getting a spam response, it was really frustrating at first when I didn't know what was wrong with my text.

Umbrella's kit is fine indeed and Death Wish has put her in a better offensive position. I was just surprised when I got 1 stack from Tongue Twister which felt like a nerf.

I'll be looking to your videos, all the best.