• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 5.2 Update Notes - Black Dahlia's Debut!

Also, to save others the trouble, here’s all the references from what I can tell.
Bronzes are the default and an original from 2E.
Silvers: Lethal Weapon is V1 from Ultrakill. Dame Slayer is Doomguy from Doom. Soul Crusher is Ivy from Soul Calibur.
Golds: Psycommander is M. Bison from Street Fighter. Martial Outlaw seems to be Nathan Spencer from Bionic Commando. Corrosive Agent appears to be Queen from Deltarune. Unfazed is Dark Samus from Metroid.
Diamonds: Fur Monger is Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmations. I don’t need to tell you what Unholy Host is.

Agreed! I was expecting a Happy Chaos from Guilty Gear to maybe show up, but that may be too similar to Dark Samus now. If people can supply variant quotes (helps out your local wiki), it could help cement the references (sometimes the pun name and quotes align).

For instance, Golden Gunner's quote, "I only need one." had someone in the chat incorrectly explaining that it confirms it is a Doomfist from Overwatch reference ("One punch is all I need."). So there I am, trying to explain how it is a James Bond reference to The Man with the Golden Gun (1974). The titular gun is a single-shot weapon. It is even in the dialogue:

Francisco Scaramanga : "A duel between titans. My golden gun against your Walther PPK. Each of us with a 50-50 chance."
James Bond : "Six bullets to your one?"
Francisco Scaramanga : "I only need one."

Trigger Happy = Default
Golden Gunner = Original
Lethal Weapon = V1 (Ultrakill)
Dame Slayer = Doomguy (Doom)
Soul Crusher = Ivy (Soulcalibur)
Psycommander = M. Bison (Street Fighter II)
Martial Outlaw = Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII Remake)
Corrosive Agent = Queen (Deltarune)
Unfazed = Dark Samus (Metroid Prime)
Fur Monger = Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians (1961))
Unholy Host = Lady Alcina Dimitrescu (Resident Evil Village)

Now if only there was some kind of Black Dahlia section of the forum...

Last edited:
is a James Bond reference to The Man with the Golden Gun (1974). The titular gun is a single-shot weapon. It is even in the dialogue:

Francisco Scaramanga : "A duel between titans. My golden gun against your Walther PPK. Each of us with a 50-50 chance."
😲🤯 How do you even...know all of this!!? I'm amazed!
Great work!!!
Now I've to work on the reference's thread 🥲
soon....
I can't stop laughing

sorry for a maaaaybe dumb guestion,but will EXP gains be nerfed anytime soon or will they be the way it is now? (about prices in cab of curio)

sorry for a maaaaybe dumb guestion,but will EXP gains be nerfed anytime soon or will they be the way it is now? (about prices in cab of curio)
To the best of my knowledge, I don't think price/frequency changes have ever been announced BEFORE an update (either up or down in cost)...

However, they do say if something is at a "Premium" and XP Treats and their prices/frequency have not been flagged as Premium.

So the only reason for any changes will be if the XP Treats usage/availability is too high (or low - which I doubt since everyone seems to be siding with 'they are good' ATM) . If usage is too high, that means we can only see prices go up and/or availability go down(nerfed) in the future.

TL;DR - We don't know, it all depends on how the players utilize them before the next update...If we find a way to exploit the Dev's XP generosity, expect a nerf eventually...

Reactions: FEAR NETWORK
So the only reason for any changes will be if the XP Treats usage/availability is too high (or low - which I doubt since everyone seems to be siding with 'they are good' ATM) . If usage is too high, that means we can only see prices go up and/or availability go down(nerfed) in the future.
I sure that 250k xp for any char for 50k coins and 100k for 20k is a little bit op,especially because they have pretty high chance to appear (already have more than 100 of that octo treat), which reminded me that update when they introduced char relicts buying for their points at absurdly low price
Tho price in rift coins for treats seems kinda high ngl
Just wanted some opinions of someone more skilled than me in that question tywm <3

Reactions: evilgordo
I sure that 250k xp for any char for 50k coins and 100k for 20k is a little bit op,especially because they have pretty high chance to appear (already have more than 100 of that octo treat), which reminded me that update when they introduced char relicts buying for their points at absurdly low price
Tho price in rift coins for treats seems kinda high ngl
Just wanted some opinions of someone more skilled than me in that question tywm <3
Totally understand.

FWIW: Buying XP Treats Large and Medium, work out costing the same price per currency:

1 Canopy Coin = 5 XP
1 Rift Coin = 2000 XP

And when you think about it, since you can also buy Skill Points for Rift coins, you kinda get 2 for 1 buying XP Treats with RC since you get SP when leveling up fighters...

Personally, I prefer to buy anything with RC over CC since CC is also needed for Skill Tree and Move upgrades...there's nothing else to do with RC other than buy stuff in CoC.

Okay okay okay, first impressions, and now after a little of playing the update:

BLACK DAHLIA AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now that that’s out of my system:

1- why are the element shot colors… unmatched? Like, lightning shot is for the air element, but the icon is purple? Similarly, railgun shot is for the light element, but the icon is green. And so on. I understand that at least as far as the third shot goes this will be a known effect, but in a game where things are color coded this breaks the previously established format and confuses the eye especially considering you gotta run buttons without looking directly at them.

2- I’m curious to see how deadeye feels, especially to have that pointed at my face. At the very least it’ll be nice to have a fighter that I actually want to play to take on model leader.

I do see one big downside though: the buff really invalidates ultra violent. She’s already been struggling to remain relevant (since if you’ve got armor breakers and buff rippers you don’t really need her), but this will really push her out of usefulness; I hope you’ll consider a rework for her. (Maybe also give her deadeye?)

3- a 15s duration regen seems like a really long duration, especially considering it stacks. I know dahlia doesn’t have many defensive tools outside of movement, but st I’m sure none of us can honestly give a good opinion until we start facing her in rift in a few months, so I guess we’ll see.

Then again I’m a Beowulf main so… what’s a crit? WULF PACK AWOOOO

That’s all, I’m super happy to finally play black dahlia! Let’s go lets go lets gooooooooo

There's currecntly seems to be a bug when during a match I randomly lose control over fighter with them stopping dead in the tracks. This only started after the update.

Reactions: Wulfden
i can’t wait to make custom palettes for dahlia (dark enchantress cookie, PEACOCK?!,susie from kirby, ect…….,,.)
Glad it wasn’t just me who saw
potential in a Peacock palette for good ol’ Black Dahlia

Reactions: Ttime
the store today has an offer of 187 relics for 10,000 teo. there are even 10+1 dahlias there. will there be an offer like in previous years for the new year for 5000 teo? and will Dahlia be included there? I and other players hope that the tradition will not change, but then it is unclear why it was necessary to introduce such a proposal now, when there is very little time left before the holiday.

I am indescribably glad that umbrella will appear in the relics, by the way, did you have any idea that the heart disappears after using resurrection?
what about the number cruncher and the fan favorite? unfortunately, not everyone has the opportunity to watch streams (for example, according to my time zone, they take place at 4 am, when all normal people are asleep ...)

Agreed! I was expecting a Happy Chaos from Guilty Gear to maybe show up, but that may be too similar to Dark Samus now. If people can supply variant quotes (helps out your local wiki), it could help cement the references (sometimes the pun name and quotes align).

For instance, Golden Gunner's quote, "I only need one." had someone in the chat incorrectly explaining that it confirms it is a Doomfist from Overwatch reference ("One punch is all I need."). So there I am, trying to explain how it is a James Bond reference to The Man with the Golden Gun (1974). The titular gun is a single-shot weapon. It is even in the dialogue:

Trigger Happy = Default
Golden Gunner = Original
Lethal Weapon = V1 (Ultrakill)
Dame Slayer = Doomguy (Doom)
Soul Crusher = Ivy (Soulcalibur)
Psycommander = M. Bison (Street Fighter II)
Martial Outlaw = Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII Remake)
Corrosive Agent = Queen (Deltarune)
Unfazed = Dark Samus (Metroid Prime)
Fur Monger = Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians (1961))
Unholy Host = Lady Alcina Dimitrescu (Resident Evil Village)

Martial being Barret makes so much more sense now. Automatically assumed it was Nathan Spencer because the Bionic Arm jokes write themselves but that‘s definitely it.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
the store today has an offer of 187 relics for 10,000 teo. there are even 10+1 dahlias there. will there be an offer like in previous years for the new year for 5000 teo? and will Dahlia be included there? I and other players hope that the tradition will not change, but then it is unclear why it was necessary to introduce such a proposal now, when there is very little time left before the holiday.
The 5000 theo offer usually comes on 25th Dec, Christmas. And the 10k theo offer shows that BD has been added to the hyper fighter pack.

5.2 patch quick review:
✅ Black Dahlia is awesome
✅ Sweating Bullets (Black Dahlia's daily) is fantastic. The dangerously spicy modifiers makes it a great challenge.
🧀 Show Me Your Moves PF is a massive improvement, but the ramp is a low plateau. 37 fights to get to 6 million, and perhaps 30 of those fights were against 15k FS teams. More of a PF for gold Beat Box Big Band and Inkling Peacock than diamonds.
❌ XP Treats are nifty idea, but I feel like they appear too often and are getting in the way of things I want. They clog the Cabinet of Curiosity and take away skill points and rift coins in gifts.

🧀 Show Me Your Moves PF is a massive improvement, but the ramp is a low plateau. 37 fights to get to 6 million, and perhaps 30 of those fights were against 15k FS teams. More of a PF for gold Beat Box Big Band and Inkling Peacock than diamonds.

it took you 37 fights to hit 6mil? Took me like, 12ish. I can’t quite remember, but I know the Medici fights take me 9 at best and i do remember thinking how it was taking longer than the Medici fights

I’ll agree most of the teams were really low value, but they only just opened it up to higher quality fighters so it’ll take a while for the defense teams to go up

also Beowulf slams through these

5.2 patch quick review:

❌ XP Treats are nifty idea, but I feel like they appear too often and are getting in the way of things I want. They clog the Cabinet of Curiosity and take away skill points and rift coins in gifts.
Agreed. XP Treats ATM walk a delicate line; if not enough available...people will see them as not beneficial...and if too many, as it seems that is the case now, they are 'robbing' players of other resources. Seems 'loot tables' need adjusting all across the board.

It has forced me to save the Theonite I would have otherwise wasted on CoC refreshes, being that the odds of getting whichever item I'd needed at that particular moment have gone way down. I'm still hopeful that we will also begin to see Daily Event tickets as a rare gold gift drop in an upcoming update- or, even better-- an option to use red tickets for Holodeck or AE. At present Holodeck is effectively unplayable due to the missed coins and moves used up by the ticket- and I can only use 10 or so tickets each week in Rift, which I inevitably make back up.

Reactions: Atharva73