• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: 5.3 Veiled Premiere Relic Updates

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
The next Skullgirls Mobile update (5.3) is coming this month! We’ll have all the juicy details about the new features and changes coming in that update soon, but first we wanted to give an early heads up about some important changes to Veiled Premiere Relics and Loose Cannon Relic Shards.

LaBaGQF.png

Here are all the relevant changes in 5.3:

• Veiled Premiere Relics will be removed from sale. You will no longer be able to purchase these Relics from the Cabinet of Curiosities, the Relic Store, or any other Offer.

• This does not affect any Veiled Premiere Relics you already own. Relics you own when the update releases will not be removed from your inventory, and you can open them at any time, however…

• Veiled Premiere Relics that you already own will no longer grant Loose Cannon Relic Shards in 5.3.

• All of your current Loose Cannon Relic Shards will be automatically converted into Canopy Coins at a rate of 1 Shard to 1000 Coins.
    • Ex: When 5.3 releases, if you have 10 Loose Cannon Relic Shards you will receive 10,000 Canopy Coins.

• As all Loose Cannon Relic Shards will be converted into Canopy Coins, you will no longer be able to purchase Loose Cannon Relics using Shards.

• Black Dahlia’s Prize Fight will be available in 5.3, and Loose Cannon Relics will be available for purchase with Theonite any time that Prize Fight is active.

If you have any extra Loose Cannon Relic Shards in your inventory now you may want to grab a few Veiled Premiere Relics soon so you can cash them in for Loose Cannon Relics!

Stay tuned for more news on 5.3 VERY SOON!

Hoping my predictions for 5.3 being the guild update is correct, but considering how closely it's going to release compared to what I expected, I may be entirely wrong about that.
Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it!

I hope that in 5.3 the Black Dahlia bunnies will be available for more combos or an unblockable attack

Tienen pensando agregar más variantes de Filia, es la única que no a recibido variantes durante un largo tiempo,q también espero que metan más variantes de Bronce, ya aburre ver tanto oro y plata porfavor metan más variantes de bronce

Oh man and here I had stopped buying them because I didn’t want any leftover shards

Reactions: Codlugarthia
With this information, the update will confirm either:
1. They won't implement the Character Shard system.
2. They haven't flesh it out yet and it'll return somewhere in the future for older characters.
3. It's only apply to new characters and stay like this Dahlia update.

Sad to see it go, I can't pull the Dahlia that I want it was good while it last. I hope they will implement it in the future after they flesh out the system (option 2)

With this information, the update will confirm either:
1. They won't implement the Character Shard system.
2. They haven't flesh it out yet and it'll return somewhere in the future for older characters.
3. It's only apply to new characters and stay like this Dahlia update.

Sad to see it go, I can't pull the Dahlia that I want it was good while it last. I hope they will implement it in the future after they flesh out the system (option 2)
Unless i'm misunderstanding stuff, i think the devs will only implement the character shard system on the update for a new character to help with the frustration that we get from the 'not guaranteed character relics' we buy from the CoC. So possibly (hopefully) we'll get it back once Marie comes out.
Side note, can't wait for 5.3 to drop. Thanks devs!

Hoping my predictions for 5.3 being the guild update is correct, but considering how closely it's going to release compared to what I expected, I may be entirely wrong about that.
Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it!
If HV are using the MAJOR.MINOR.BUGFIX.BUILD release numbering system then I would expect guilds to be announced with an increment to the first value, "6.0".

For me I'm trying to remember if gameplay mechanic rebalances and character reworks were done under minor releases in the past, but bad memory + too lazy to research.

So this update will remove Veiled Premiere Relics, but will it add Black Dahlia to regular Premiere relics? What about rarity and elemental relics? It’s been a little over the 3 month period traditionally between the launch of a new character and it’s addition to normal relics. It would be pretty lame to remove a major component of getting Dahlia for F2P players.

So this update will remove Veiled Premiere Relics, but will it add Black Dahlia to regular Premiere relics? What about rarity and elemental relics? It’s been a little over the 3 month period traditionally between the launch of a new character and it’s addition to normal relics. It would be pretty lame to remove a major component of getting Dahlia for F2P players.
Yes, if this is like Annie and Umbrella's 'full release', Dahlia will be added to all relics that contain Fighters (Elemental/Jackpot/All Rarities/etc. - that's why some of us have been saving relics 😅 )
And while Veiled relics will no longer appear in the CoC, Dahlia variants/moves/skill points/relics will be in the CoC at a premium cost but 2x chances of spawning (until the next update).

Yes, if this is like Annie and Umbrella's 'full release', Dahlia will be added to all relics that contain Fighters (Elemental/Jackpot/All Rarities/etc. - that's why some of us have been saving relics 😅 )
And while Veiled relics will no longer appear in the CoC, Dahlia variants/moves/skill points/relics will be in the CoC at a premium cost but 2x chances of spawning (until the next update).
I just saw the tweet describing 5.3 as the Dahlia “full release”; the previous tweet did not say that which is what got me worried.

Which gold dahlia you think is going to be aviable in her (gold/diamond) pf tho?

(forget about psycommander...)

Update comes out this month and neither the patch notes nor the 2023 roadmap are up. It's the 27th already. Last proper update was four months ago, at least hype us up for goodness sake

I already got 2 Corrosive Agents so I’m hoping it’s one of the other ones.
It's not looking good based on Umbrella's release...the Devs have been very consistent with not offering variants from Weekly PFs in other Event Relics/rewards. I'd offer Psycommander as a possibility since this is the first time a launch bundle included a specific variant, but Umbrella's Weekly variant is fire (and there are only 2 water Weekly PF rewards ATM), and it makes good 'sense' to offer an 'uncommon' Gold in a paid bundle. Who knows? The Devs have surprised us before, right?

So, with the other Dahlia variants being in Spotlight/Event relics...that only leaves Corrosive as a high probability (with Psyco as distant 2nd choice) as the PF variant.

That said, I personally have no preference as to which Gold is in the new PF, since I opened over 100 Veiled Relics (and the resulting 10+ Loose Cannon Relics) and got NO silver or gold Dahlias...2X odds, yeah right...

Psycommander is in her paid pack, Unfazed was in spotlight, Martial is in monthly pf relics so I am hoping for Corrosive agent.
Huh, you reached the same conclussion than me, impressive... ok so... here's my prediction:

As you said Psycommander is in her paid pack, so that makes her the less likable variant to appear, With a probability of lees than 5%

Unfazed, yes, she sort of called the attention, can't blame her lol, despite her usage is... peculiar, she is still sort of powerful, she is less likely to appear, with a %12 - 15% prob.

Martial law, despite she is on the monthly pf relics, you skipped one little, yet very important detail: this month's prize fight is ending soon, wich increases her chances to appear, with a 40% prob.

Last, but not least Corrosive agent, she hasn't called the attention, she isn't in this month's pf relics, and you cannot have a guarantee to obtain her by paying... so she is more likable to appear, with a probability of 63%.

That is my prediction, there are high chances of Corrosive agent to be the chosen one...

but... i dunno, everything's possible ;)

(Sorry if there are some mistakes in my writting/grammar, english isn't my first language lol)