• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Annie Release Details & Relic Availability

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

She's almost here! Annie will be arriving in Skullgirls Mobile later this month in version 4.4!

Full Update Notes will be released closer to the actual release date for 4.4, but before that we wanted to give you an early look at some of the details of Annie's launch (particularly about how Relics will function) so you can plan your theonite spending and hoarding accordingly.
If you were here for Fukua's launch, this should be pretty familiar territory.

eWQSekrTeFvKXluS8eregh3IbF_ZLgiI_RpA8_jmx5RuiWIfm6KRchJoHaJxLuSxssYgkKO1ZRwLwrI5Ef6WAJgqWzSEq9-qD2a2fMn13vSRgyzp2JnYN2-IqB_WWuNCCq0YGUea

ANNIE RELEASE SUMMARY
  • Annie WILL NOT be available in Standard Relics at launch in 4.4. This includes Premiere, Jackpot, Elemental, Silver/Gold/Diamond, and many other Relics.
  • If you are saving Relics for Annie, you WILL NOT be able to acquire her from those Relics in 4.4. If you still wish to save your current Relics for Annie Fighters, she will be added to Standard Relics in 4.5.
  • Annie WILL be available with increased odds in special Cosmic Premiere Relics and Cosmic Jackpot Relics ONLY. These Relics will be available for Theonite (150 and 500 respectively) in the Relic Store for the entire duration of the 4.4 release.

vKsxydr.png
  • Annie's Daily Events WILL be available when 4.4 launches. This is a great place to earn Special Moves,Blockbusters and Skill Points!
  • Annie's Character Relic (containing ONLY Annie Fighters) WILL be added to all Fighter Variety Pack offers when 4.4 launches. More details on other Annie related offers will be announced at a later date.
  • As with Fukua, Annie's Prize Fight and Annie's Character Relic WILL NOT be scheduled until 4.5 launches.
If you have any other questions, please let us know down below and we'll be happy to provide further clarifications as needed.

WHY A LIMITED RELEASE LIKE THIS?

Previous characters like Fukua and Robo-Fortune were all available in 2nd Encore, the console version of Skullgirls. Annie, however, is a brand new character and needed to be animated and implemented from scratch. This means she was massively more complicated and expensive to produce than any character that has come before. For us to cover the huge up front costs required to make a brand new character, we need to ensure that each new character launch is generating enough revenue to cover the next character's development costs.

As such, this release system is intended to ensure releasing brand new characters into Skullgirls Mobile is as successful as possible, which will hopefully enable us to continue to produce more content like this in future!

TL;DR... In the interest of full transparency, we want to be crystal clear with our goals and aspirations for Skullgirls:

If Annie's launch is a financial success, we'll be in a great position to create even MORE characters for everyone to play with in the future. This is THE DREAM. We get to continue bringing unreleased characters to life, and all of our wonderful players get to enjoy them! We look forward to your support in helping us to achieve this goal and thus enable Skullgirls to continue to grow for many more years to come.​

2020 has been a heck of a year for Skullgirls so far, and we're so excited about what we have in store for the future! A brand new character being added to Skullgirls after so many years is an amazing milestone, and we could not have done it without you.
From the bottom of our (Skull) Hearts... THANK YOU!

<3 All of us at Hidden Variable

What about Ex Lab Zero Members who founded the newly minted company Future Club Dev?
I feel like they need some financial help so they can continue to be a part of this. Or is this the responsibility of Autumn Games?

I don't remember and can't find reference to it in Fukua's launch notes:
Can Annie's moves be found in Relics/rewards that give random moves in 4.4?

they wont be available in move relics but she'll have a daily and COC.

I just have one question, after Fukua's release, some users experienced excessive lag within the game, is there also a possibility that this would happen again with Annie's release?

thank yall for all your hard work, really excited to play her
its a good feeling to see your favorite game getting new updates after so long

I just have one question, after Fukua's release, some users experienced excessive lag within the game, is there also a possibility that this would happen again with Annie's release?
im not hvs but we can only assume so because everyone will be logging in! plus halloween prize fight may line up with her release.

Reactions: .Ron
  • Annie's Daily Events WILL be available when 4.4 launches. This is a great place to earn Special Moves,Blockbusters and Skill Points!
If you have any other questions, please let us know down below and we'll be happy to provide further clarifications as needed.
So... there will be any changes in the Daily Events?
Probably No, I Think

Let me tell you, that thing about financial costs and raising funds to cover the costs of creating and producing a new character is a bit... cheap verse.

If this were the case, compared to Fukua and Robo-Fortune, the delay in those cases was unnecessary (since they are not new characters, and although it must present expenses, it would not be as expensive as creating a new character).

The point is that in this situation what they say is convincing and understandable, but not with the previous cases. And if you want to fundraise to see if you can bring in more new content in the future, I don't think people will invest more in premium 2.0 relics with a lousy 2x chance than in deals from Annie and her own character relic (although of course there will be people eager to invest their money in 4.4).

Anyway, I wish you luck!

Reactions: Eray
Fantastic post as always Sairus, but um, you uh, if you are looking for the real Annie poster, here is the one you meant to include:
right-Annie_Sagan_Portrait.jpg
:p

Oh, that was from the new modifier, Miasma, causing trouble for some devices. They quickly patched the way the drain was implemented. Auto Block, Guard Break, and Immobilize is coming with Annie, but I don't foresee those modifiers making a fuss.

Fantastic news. Thanks for all your continued hard work on the game

When 4.4 launches and Annie is added, will Fukua character relic prices be in line with other relic prices in the Cabinet of Curiosities and the Relics menu of the game?

If I already bought a fighter variety pack, will I receive an Annie character relic upon release of 4.4?

If I already bought a fighter variety pack, will I receive an Annie character relic upon release of 4.4?
What do you mean? I don't think new relics are retroactively added to previous purchases. You'd have to buy a Variety Pack after Annie's launch to get Annie relics included.

Reactions: Mirak
Fukua Catalysts were also available on her release I think?
Both the unique character one, and the normal ones that only affected Fukua fighters.
Can someone confirm?

Both the unique character one, and the normal ones that only affected Fukua fighters.
Can someone confirm?
I remember Sleeping Powder was in the CoC during Fukua's release, dunno about the other variants.
I'm guessing it'll be the same for this release and no Annie Cata will be in Cata Relics until 4.5.

Lots of questions! I'll try to answer as best I can!

What about Ex Lab Zero Members who founded the newly minted company Future Club Dev?
We can't really speak to anything about Future Club right now. Check them out on their Twitter account though if you want to find ways to support them! https://twitter.com/futureclubdev

Annie's moves can be found in the Cabinet of Curiosities and her Daily Event.

The lag issue with Fukua was caused by a bug with her Miasma debuff, which has since been fixed. On a general server front, we've massively increased our server strength in anticiapation of Annie's launch, so it should be a lot smoother :)

If this were the case, compared to Fukua and Robo-Fortune, the delay in those cases was unnecessary (since they are not new characters, and although it must present expenses, it would not be as expensive as creating a new character).
All I can tell you is everything we've said is as open and honest as we possibly can be. Game development is expensive, every part of it. Annie was several times more expensive than previous characters, but they were all staggeringly large financial undertakings.

How much will this pack cost after the update? (the one that's currently 10k theo)
It will remain 10,000 theonite!

When 4.4 launches and Annie is added, will Fukua character relic prices be in line with other relic prices in the Cabinet of Curiosities and the Relics menu of the game?
Fukua Relics will all be brought down to parity with the rest of the cast in 4.4.

We can't retroactively add Relics to previous purchases, sorry.

Annie will arrive with her own suite of Catalysts in 4.4. You'll be able to read more about them when we release her full update notes.

Thanks for the questions! I'll update the main post with some of the information here :)

Last edited:
Fukua will arrive with her own suite of Catalysts in 4.4. You'll be able to read more about them when we release her full update notes.
Wait, do you mean Annie will arrive with her own suite of catalysts in 4.4? :confused: