• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Okay to sell Moves and sacrifice Variants I know I won't use?

Dr. Cheesesteak

Reaction score
New player here w/ a question.

So, let's say I know I won't play ANY Fukua Variant at all. Ever. For whatever reason, just for example's sake. I'm allergic to "uku" words/names. Is it safe to use all her cards to level up other characters? Is it okay to sell all her Moves for gold? I asked in the in-game chat a couple ppl said "nah" and "don't want to prematurely sell something", but that leads to my next question - why?/why not? Do variants/moves that I never plan to use have some sort of value besides being used to boost others/make gold?

Thanks for any and all input!

New player here w/ a question.

So, let's say I know I won't play ANY Fukua Variant at all. Ever. For whatever reason, just for example's sake. I'm allergic to "uku" words/names. Is it safe to use all her cards to level up other characters? Is it okay to sell all her Moves for gold? I asked in the in-game chat a couple ppl said "nah" and "don't want to prematurely sell something", but that leads to my next question - why?/why not? Do variants/moves that I never plan to use have some sort of value besides being used to boost others/make gold?

Thanks for any and all input!
That's the thing about games; there isn't a wrong way to play them.

It all just comes down to your play style and goals. If you're not playing Fukua, why not convert all things Fukua into other resources (gold/exp)? The only caveat (as the in-game chat said) is you 'might' need a Fukua later. "Might", is the operative word. Everyone starts with the same 3 cards, so it is safe to assume that's the bare minimum needed to play the game. I doubt any character is 'needed' (some Fights may require a Fukua be used or on your team). But even if that's the case, just start saving those moves/cards then. As long as you're having fun playing SGM, you're doing it right.

That's the thing about games; there isn't a wrong way to play them.

It all just comes down to your play style and goals. If you're not playing Fukua, why not convert all things Fukua into other resources (gold/exp)? The only caveat (as the in-game chat said) is you 'might' need a Fukua later. "Might", is the operative word. Everyone starts with the same 3 cards, so it is safe to assume that's the bare minimum needed to play the game. I doubt any character is 'needed' (some Fights may require a Fukua be used or on your team). But even if that's the case, just start saving those moves/cards then. As long as you're having fun playing SGM, you're doing it right.
Thanks. And ahh, that is right, there are the "requires X character" fights. So maybe I can just buff 1 card of a character I don't care for. I wonder if those fights are ever difficult enough - or actually require - to have a Gold/Diamond version of the character to complete.

As long as you're having fun playing SGM, you're doing it right.
Totally agreed with @evilgordo. Getting rid of Fighters or Moves that you never use is fine as long as it makes you happy (for example, @Mornedil only uses cats and Eliza, who happens to like cats). The are two exceptions that come to my mind here:

- If you want to complete Master Story Mode and Origin Stories, then you need a wide array of upgraded characters, Bronze, Silver, and Gold, different elements and so on. But Master Story was designed to give a late game player some tough trials, in terms of both skills and collection. Since you are in the early stage of the game, don't bother about it and have fun with what gives you fun.

- If you want to participate in Prize Fights, you need to have a Defence Team. And Gold PF has a requirement of having a specific Fighter (Silver or higher) on the Defence team. Therefore, if you want to participate in ALL Gold PFs, you would have to keep AT LEAST ONE variant for EACH Fighter, Silver tier or higher. You do not have to invest in them though, or actually play them, and your Defence Team is not that important. If you really hate Cerebella, you can just skip her PF completely, but it would mean that you would not play Gold PF for three days.

Again, the game is fresh for you - play it the way you want, the way you enjoy. If you like to sacrifice - just do it. Probably I would keep Natural Diamond variants due to their rarity - who knows if you want to play them later? I've been around for almost 3 years, and only now I started to evolve some variants because I finally want to test them.

There's this one Master Difficulty Story node that's been haunting me for a while. It's requiring the use of 3 Silver Ms Fortunes to beat 3 Gold Fighters. I'm awful with Ms. Fortune and don't have a solid Silver variant built up, so if you're planning to 100% the game I'd suggest keeping at least 1 of every variant you find just in case you want to build it up one day.
It also may help you in succeeding with Deployments. Something like asking for a Silver Dark Filia, or ETC.
N6JM4Lx64Cyh_4867n6yCvJIaJrLJKlGsDsuJTm9UYpnPNBFv5zDj06eIAfAPke1PY37Vn7iutsfLC2tZg7m87k4IRp9TMDSMTcxQPD9AZPcWr_5xsN40Wth-HBUn3Yji2EtNKap

Personally I try to have every possible evolution and it's predecessors; IE: a Bronze Sheltered, Silver Sheltered, and a Gold Sheltered *Diamond one too someday* but I'm more of a collector type.

Last edited: