• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Peacock, Unblockables, and Dame of Thrones Silver

clockknight

Reaction score
Firstly, absolutely love the idea of Dame of Thrones' Silver fight modifier. I've always thought it weird that unblockables could basically be used to reverse any fight, regardless of spacing, timing, etc. So, the idea of removing my opponent's ability to just erase a big chunk my health bar at the press of a button, and I'd really like to see something like this in the main game, but with some major changes (I know that I'm really running away with something that was probably never intended to be in the game, but bear with me).

Like I said, the idea of removing my opponents ability to erase a huge chunk of my health bar is nice, but the way it's implemented right now makes it ridiculous. My opponent never gets any supers off because a whole string just erases any meter they had. I think, a fair mechanic, but one that also wouldn't completely pacify the AI would need a few tweaks, namely:

Meter is only reduced on Unblockables, or severely reduced so that getting hit by a default combo doesn't reduce your meters to 0 as well.

and/or:

Only have meters reduced on Combo Finishers (Usually the "spikes" after launching your opponent).

An example of why I think the second tweak would be good is Peacock's basic, upgraded string (Achieved just by tapping the screen), which is both hilarious and terrifying. You catch your opponent in an endless loop of the same 5 moves, slowly carrying them to their corner. Their only hope to get out is to use super, or tag out. This is why something like only removing meter on combo finishers should be (theoretically) allowed. Otherwise, Peacock would be the ultimate finisher (Since the opponent couldn't switch out or use any supers).

I know this would be something to be tested, since a mechanic like this has to be balanced for the player, making sure the player still feels like the game is fun and interesting, while making sure this game doesn't become a snoozefest. But I think it'd be a nice change, to remove that feeling you get when your win streak gets interrupted by a very unfortunate unblockable super.

Hi. Your idea is quite interesting but I don’t fully understand it. Can you please clarify what you mean by ‘unblockable’? Do you mean a tier 3 blockbuster, or do you mean a fully upgraded charge (tap & hold) attack?

Reactions: clockknight
Oh, my bad. I did mean a level 3 blockbuster. For clarity's sake, "super" meant more normal blockbusters, and "meter" just meant how charged a blockbuster was. Let me know if I used any other confusing or vague terms.

I like the concept here, and would be an interesting modifier to see in the base of the game as something you could do (something like a debuff or buff that would allow it) so that you could derail an Unblockable Super if you do it right, which would really remove a lot of the fuss that I tend to get when fighting at higher levels with Fighters with great Meter gain and popping Unblockables every other combo.

I could see it being a buff more than a debuff, have it be called like Demoralizing have it last at base about ~5-7 seconds (for you to have time to get a couple hits in then with other abilities it could get up higher) and it reduces Unblockable Meter (or charge however you see it) by 1% per hit of the combo or if that ends up being to over powerful (ya know with big band and his long combos lol) make it decrease it by 1% per 1% of life lost in the combo or something.

Only reason I don't see it as debuff as it could get out of hand with certain modifiers that affect debuffs (like taking extra damage) so not only would they suffer more for it they would lose Meter on the Unblockable too and I feel that would be taking it too far. So a making it a buff in general would be better.

I would really recommend you call 'super unblockables' Level 3 Blockbusters (BB3s) because there's several kinds of unblockables in the game (BB3s, charge attacks, special move grabs, BB grabs, Sekhmet charges, etc) and in an in depth conversation like this it's just confusing.

Since they nerfed BB3s a few months ago (they used to fill up much faster, and the AI would always use them immediately when they were ready) I've never had much problems with them. If I get hit it's generally my fault for not killing them fast enough! However, a debuff or special ability that specifically targets BB3s is interesting! I dunno if I'd use it though since there's already two debuffs that affect BBs (Slow reduces how much meter you get for BBs and Disable stops them from being used at all). A third seems a little overkill!

Reactions: Goatman302
Well just due to the nature of BB3s they are just OP in general, and when fighting considerably higher fighters in say Prize Fights you can’t kill them fast enough to stop it. Disable is good but hard to get consistent enough to ensure things and slow in all honesty does nothing over the course of a fight. Also the only real move that you can’t stop that is unblockable is a BB3, everything else there is ways past it which makes them fair, unlike a BB3 where 9*10 you die.

Reactions: clockknight