• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Permanent buffs made temporary

Hebbski23

Reaction score
Twice I’ve run into a situation where a permanent buff was made to look like a temporary buff. That is, it had the timer gauge slowly depleting over time, just like a temporary buff. However, when the gauge emptied, nothing happened to the buff (it didn’t expire). Also, when I would pause the game, the buff details would show a specific time for the normally permanent buff to expire. The first time said that the buff would last 35 seconds, the second time said it would last 11 seconds.

iPhone 6s
iOS 11.3

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolleroni and PHPP
I think I figured out who the true culprit is. It seems to be Sundae School Double. Her SA of increasing the timers of debuffs seems to visually screw up the timer when it comes to permanent ailments. In the PF today (Medici Shakedown), the Hemofilia fight modifier is always visually screwed up whenever I have Sundae School on the bench. For example, it says that the fighters have hundreds of negative stacks of bleed, even though the fighters still take only one stack of bleed damage.

Attachments

• 17850DCC-141C-4E0D-8EB8-87934EBCB8C7.png
    17850DCC-141C-4E0D-8EB8-87934EBCB8C7.png
    700.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: PHPP
Another interesting quirk to this visual glitch with permanent debuffs. Doom seems to be considered to be in the same category as other permanents, so it gets a little weird when Double Sundae affects it. When Doom is inflicted along with Melting Point, the timer changes to 33 seconds, but the KO effect still occurs at the 30 second mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHPP
Yay, found an additional side effect of this glitch. When the permanent has a timer that counts down to zero due to the Melting Point glitch, the game seems to consider it as constantly expiring. This means that Hunger Pangs (the Squigly PF modifier) essentially gives out infinite health and constant meter drain when a fighter has a temporary permanent.

Last edited: