• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Pls buff Tidal Traveler

Sneashie

Reaction score
Shes too weak for a gold tier variant imo but has a lot of potencial, having immunity is great, especially for a high combo count character like Umbrella, but the conditions are way too inconsistent. What do you guys think would be a good buff?

it makes absolutely no sense why she even has armor break an offensive skill tied to what is supposed to be a defensive immunity water fighter. it feels like her signature is all over the place in terms of thematic and identity.

she should definitely be gaining regen or heavy regen at the minimum instead or some other heal/defensive effect.
tbh the immunity from puddles isn't even signature worthy alone by itself she really should be gaining armor,barrier,regen or haste or some other effect alongside it.

it also feels like she is missing chunks of her signature like half of it went to candy crusher and the other half to puddle pirate.
the armor break would make way more sense on wunderkind a fire element fighter then her.

puddle feels more like a gold then tidal which is mind boggling the more i think about it; honestly they should switch silver and gold tiers between them both if tidal remains in her current state; not to mention I think puddle has the cooler looking splash art and theme whilst tidal is kinda eh looking.
idk who thought that a guilty gear may reference would be lower tier in terms of recognition with a fanbase like skullgirls thats already huge anime and fighting game lovers compared to some disney moana reference that most of us wouldn't care about.
whoever was in charge of determining which one would be gold or silver really didn't take into account aesthetics at all.

infact take away wunderkinds meter reduction which is sandbagging her power surge gimmick and throw it onto some other umbrella like candy or wild child or fresh heir(would actually make the most sense on her tbh since she's already designed around control) if you must.

give wunderkind tidals armor break so her having such a high base attack can be taken advantage of.
since she's already an offensive fire umbrella it fits far more on her kit then any other.
such simple changes should've been done since week one.

honestly i don't think nearly enough people would care if tidal was deleted outright and replaced with a completely different umbrella with a completely different element/identity etc.
one of the few times i think devs held out so much on a fighter that multiple units don't even exist for the purpose of the game

which is funny because almost all the black dahlias are so unique and interesting that people are going to turn their bronze silver variants of her into diamonds solely because they are actually unique and again interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: curioscat229