• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Pls Fix these.

Clxydy

Reaction score
I really like skullgirls mobile it's probably one of the best mobile games out there, but there's some things wrong with the system it goes by.

One of them is the energy system, there shouldn't be a limit on the characters you choose to play with. If you have a few strong characters then it's not fair having to stop using them every 20 minutes until the energy refills?

Another thing is the time is to short in the battles like every match should be like 4-6 minutes to play instead of three, and also when you end up tieing with the other team it's a automatic loose which isn't fair because the bots always block your attacks and stuff basically stalling the time, like they should have a system where whoever has the highest health on their character wins if the match gets tied.

I also have a issue with the gacha system, like it's pretty bad getting all bronzes and a gold or diamond every once in a while. I bought the hyper pack last christmas I only got 1 diamond? Like what on earth?? And that was 100 relics in total? There should at least be a better system like if you get a maximum amount of silvers or bronzes you're guaranteed 1 gold.

Also I loved the story mode but I can't play it since you guys won't add any more additions to it. In the next updates pls can you fix these I just want to support your game by playing as long as I can.

Also for the reply someone sent me on the play store what if you don't have any other characters? Because the gacha system gives you bad characters and your basically stuck with the character. Also getting resources is so hard in this game so how am I supposed to invest in the character of everything is so expensive? Literally grinding for hours just to get half of what you need

Last edited:
Hi so the energy system is kinda bad in this game like why did you guys add that feature? Also other gacha games let players play for as long as they want so why can't this game do the same?
AFAIK all gatcha games have some energy cool down mechanic, so no idea where that came from.
Another thing is the time is to short in the battles like every match should be like 8 minutes to play?
Imagine getting a Tanky Dream Band backed by a Surgeon General for 8 minutes....
And the gacha system is awful like getting all bronzes and 1 silver maybe even a gold if your lucky is crazy out.
Gatcha gonna Gatcha, although a pity system would be a nice addition
I bought the hyper pack last christmas I only got 1 diamond? Like what on earth?? And that was 100 relics in total?
RGNesus is a fickle one, also most people don't even get a gold on their Hyperpack and you got a diamond.
Also I loved the story mode but I can't play it since you guys won't add any more additions to it. In the next updates pls can you fix these I just want to support your game by playing as long as I can.
Yeah, that one does sting... We do need more story content because the game is getting into a seasonal rot
Also for the reply someone sent me on the play store what if you don't have any other characters? Because the gacha system gives you bad characters and your basically stuck with the character. Also getting resources is so hard in this game so how am I supposed to invest in the character of everything is so expensive
Canopies: Daily Master (sell all the moves) Monthly PF

Keys: Diamond PF, Rift (for getting rift coins) Parallel Reigns (for the chance to get a diamond key), Accursed Experiments treasure node (chance for getting a key of either tier)

Skill points: Holodeck, Peacock Master Story Mode, Daily Master, Accursed Experiments (you get 25 for each character)

Theonites: Daily missions, some of the Monthly PF milestones, daily free gift.

Also 1 di
AFAIK all gatcha games have some energy cool down mechanic, so no idea where that came from.

Imagine getting a Tanky Dream Band backed by a Surgeon General for 8 minutes....

Gatcha gonna Gatcha, although a pity system would be a nice addition

RGNesus is a fickle one, also most people don't even get a gold on their Hyperpack and you got a diamond.

Yeah, that one does sting... We do need more story content because the game is getting into a seasonal rot

Canopies: Daily Master (sell all the moves) Monthly PF

Keys: Diamond PF, Rift (for getting rift coins) Parallel Reigns (for the chance to get a diamond key), Accursed Experiments treasure node (chance for getting a key of either tier)

Skill points: Holodeck, Peacock Master Story Mode, Daily Master, Accursed Experiments (you get 25 for each character)

Theonites: Daily missions, some of the Monthly PF milestones, daily free gift
The energy cool down system doesn't work for skullgirls in my opinion. Most other games have better reasons for it such as balancing things out, but the skullgirls mobile devs just want you to use other characters and I don't find that fair because what if you have a limited amount of good characters and the rest are trash? Maybe if it was improved to where the energy refills every 5 minutes than it would be less annoying but honestly it's been a pretty huge complaint and the devs need to start listening to their players suggestions.

The fighting matches should literally be 4-6 minutes like so you really think 3 minutes is a good time to fight a team that's power and health is 300% more than you and their attack increases with every streak you get? No. There needs some adjustments with that.

And for the gacha, I barely get any diamonds nor holds anymore. It's clear that you need a percentage to get lucky, and all of that was used for my luck on Christmas. Also do you think that 50+ dollars spent is worth it for all bronzes and a single diamond or gold? Because I don't.

And who the heck wants to grind for hours all day to earn resources like that? I finished the story mode, there's no other ways for me to get the resources from there and that's another thing that should be updates. The ways of getting keys are so bad too. Like the cabinet offering 800k for a single diamond key is insane, rift is horrible, accursed experiments is luck based and not everyone has that, and people have their own lives outside of the game, not everyone has time to play for hours at a time.

Also 1 di

The energy cool down system doesn't work for skullgirls in my opinion. Most other games have better reasons for it such as balancing things out, but the skullgirls mobile devs just want you to use other characters and I don't find that fair because what if you have a limited amount of good characters and the rest are trash? Maybe if it was improved to where the energy refills every 5 minutes than it would be less annoying but honestly it's been a pretty huge complaint and the devs need to start listening to their players suggestions.
The energy does refill in 5 minutes when you max energy cooldown on the skill tree, maybe you should look into that, also there's energy bottles to avoid having to wait.
The fighting matches should literally be 4-6 minutes like so you really think 3 minutes is a good time to fight a team that's power and health is 300% more than you and their attack increases with every streak you get? No. There needs some adjustments with that.
Have you ever played any fighting game? Because most of the AAA FG have a timer of 99 seconds, which is even less time than the 3 minutes on Skullgirls, hell even Second Encore has that timer, so if anything SGM had more time to defeat the enemy, also getting stronger opponents is an old and tested way to challenge the player on every single game...
And for the gacha, I barely get any diamonds nor holds anymore. It's clear that you need a percentage to get lucky, and all of that was used for my luck on Christmas. Also do you think that 50+ dollars spent is worth it for all bronzes and a single diamond or gold? Because I don't.
Sadly most gatcha game have this issue, with some being more lenient than others, sadly is the way the game development has pivoted to. Also Hyperpacks openings have been mostly bad for everyone, you rarely see someone getting good pulls constantly.
And who the heck wants to grind for hours all day to earn resources like that? I finished the story mode, there's no other ways for me to get the resources from there and that's another thing that should be updates.
Again, I gave you some other options beside the story mode to get resources, in fact now is easier to get most resources compared to the earlier days of the game, also most of those modes don't take that long to do and aren't something that takes that long to grind, playing 1-2 hours allows you to clear most of those ways to get resources, and there has been a lot updates to improve resource gathering (Holodecks, XP treats etc), also resource management is a thing.
The ways of getting keys are so bad too. Like the cabinet offering 800k for a single diamond key is insane,
TBF, they lowered the prizes of the keys, it used to be 1mill canopies and 1.5k rift coins.
rift is horrible.
Anyone who's played the gane long enough will say the same, rift needs an overhaul ASAP.
accursed experiments is luck based and not everyone has that, and people have their own lives outside of the game, not everyone has time to play for hours at a time.
It's not luck, it's RNG, again 1-2 hours of play daily give you enough resources, like a once great SGM YouTuber used to say: "This game is a marathon, not a sprint" so if you really want to get good and max everything, everyone and get the best variants ever, you gotta put in the time, simple as that

Reactions: SvenZ
And who the heck wants to grind for hours all day to earn resources like that? I finished the story mode, there's no other ways for me to get the resources from there and that's another thing that should be updates. The ways of getting keys are so bad too. Like the cabinet offering 800k for a single diamond key is insane, rift is horrible, accursed experiments is luck based and not everyone has that, and people have their own lives outside of the game, not everyone has time to play for hours at a time.
In all honesty, it doesn't take that long farm. I've been playing for give or take 5 months and don't have issues with farming the content. I have a full time job, personal life and hobbies on the side, so it's not even that draining

I used to think that too, but if matches were longer, defenses would be significantly weaker, and subsequently pointless, because you can cheese them out with much weaker or not invested fighters

I will agree on 1 thing though, Rifts are indeed god awful and need a rework

Last edited:
In all honesty, it doesn't take that long farm. I've been playing for give or take 5 months and don't have issues with farming the content. I have a full time job, personal life and hobbies on the side, so it's not even that draining

I used to think that too, but if matches were longer, defenses would be significantly weaker, and subsequently pointless, because you can cheese them out with much weaker or not invested fighters

I will agree on 1 thing though, Rifts are indeed god awful and need a rework
Maybe farming is easier for you to do, but I've met people who have complained about the way the farming is programmed. I also don't have a problem with the farming I just don't like how things are set up, for example in between the milestones in the monthly prize fights should at least give some rewards, maybe more ways to earn keys and other resources like maybe some mini games or something every once in a while.

I didn't mean the power of the enemies, I just think that the matches should be a bit longer, because it's a bit annoying when your match gets timed out and you loose your streak.

Maybe farming is easier for you to do, but I've met people who have complained about the way the farming is programmed. I also don't have a problem with the farming I just don't like how things are set up, for example in between the milestones in the monthly prize fights should at least give some rewards, maybe more ways to earn keys and other resources like maybe some mini games or something every once in a while.

I didn't mean the power of the enemies, I just think that the matches should be a bit longer, because it's a bit annoying when your match gets timed out and you loose your streak.
I will agree with that point. The drought between the final 3 milestones is indeed exhausting

Reactions: Clxydy
The energy does refill in 5 minutes when you max energy cooldown on the skill tree, maybe you should look into that, also there's energy bottles to avoid having to wait.

Have you ever played any fighting game? Because most of the AAA FG have a timer of 99 seconds, which is even less time than the 3 minutes on Skullgirls, hell even Second Encore has that timer, so if anything SGM had more time to defeat the enemy, also getting stronger opponents is an old and tested way to challenge the player on every single game...

Sadly most gatcha game have this issue, with some being more lenient than others, sadly is the way the game development has pivoted to. Also Hyperpacks openings have been mostly bad for everyone, you rarely see someone getting good pulls constantly.

Again, I gave you some other options beside the story mode to get resources, in fact now is easier to get most resources compared to the earlier days of the game, also most of those modes don't take that long to do and aren't something that takes that long to grind, playing 1-2 hours allows you to clear most of those ways to get resources, and there has been a lot updates to improve resource gathering (Holodecks, XP treats etc), also resource management is a thing.

TBF, they lowered the prizes of the keys, it used to be 1mill canopies and 1.5k rift coins.

Anyone who's played the gane long enough will say the same, rift needs an overhaul ASAP.

It's not luck, it's RNG, again 1-2 hours of play daily give you enough resources, like a once great SGM YouTuber used to say: "This game is a marathon, not a sprint" so if you really want to get good and max everything, everyone and get the best variants ever, you gotta put in the time, simple as that
Like I said before I still think there should be more time in matches because 3 minutes for matches isn't enough for the way they made this game and that opinion for me isn't gonna change regardless of what you say. And I have no problem with the characters getting stronger I just used it as a point how the bot is made to be super powerful and if you have limited fighters and resources then it's hard to kill them in a quick amount of time.

Getting resources is still hard regardless if the devs are being more lenient or not, especially for beginners, like if you want a diamond key you literally have to get 65mil or 80mil every couple of days in the character prize fights, like I said rift is also another problem because it's trash, and I already said I finished the story mode, so I can't get anymore stuff from there, and maybe a hour for you but I have to grind 3-5 hours because I don't have a lot of characters.

And you need luck to get anything good in this game, most games take at least a few months where you get good, this game takes years, who the hell has time for that? That's why so much people quit.

I really like skullgirls mobile it's probably one of the best mobile games out there, but there's some things wrong with the system it goes by.

One of them is the energy system, there shouldn't be a limit on the characters you choose to play with. If you have a few strong characters then it's not fair having to stop using them every 20 minutes until the energy refills?

Another thing is the time is to short in the battles like every match should be like 4-6 minutes to play instead of three, and also when you end up tieing with the other team it's a automatic loose which isn't fair because the bots always block your attacks and stuff basically stalling the time, like they should have a system where whoever has the highest health on their character wins if the match gets tied.

I also have a issue with the gacha system, like it's pretty bad getting all bronzes and a gold or diamond every once in a while. I bought the hyper pack last christmas I only got 1 diamond? Like what on earth?? And that was 100 relics in total? There should at least be a better system like if you get a maximum amount of silvers or bronzes you're guaranteed 1 gold.

Also for the reply someone sent me on the play store what if you don't have any other characters? Because the gacha system gives you bad characters and your basically stuck with the character. Also getting resources is so hard in this game so how am I supposed to invest in the character of everything is so expensive? Literally grinding for hours just to get half of what you need
For Prize Fights, I don't like that you get one free mercy for 1 month. It should be everyday.

Like I said before I still think there should be more time in matches because 3 minutes for matches isn't enough for the way they made this game and that opinion for me isn't gonna change regardless of what you say. And I have no problem with the characters getting stronger I just used it as a point how the bot is made to be super powerful and if you have limited fighters and resources then it's hard to kill them in a quick amount of time.
That's why there's difficulties for every PF, story and Dailies, so you don't get steamrolled just when starting to play
Getting resources is still hard regardless if the devs are being more lenient or not, especially for beginners, like if you want a diamond key you literally have to get 65mil or 80mil every couple of days in the character prize fights,
Why would a beginner go straight to Diamond PF? And before you say to get resources for a diamond keep in mind that it will involve grinding
like I said rift is also another problem because it's trash,
No argument there, Rift blows chunks
and I already said I finished the story mode, so I can't get anymore stuff from there, and maybe a hour for you but I have to grind 3-5 hours because I don't have a lot of characters.
Dude, story mode isn't the only place to obtain resources, for some reason everything goes back to the story mode with your reasoning, I forgot that there's also deployments but I'm not sure you'll be willing to do them
And you need luck to get anything good in this game, most games take at least a few months where you get good, this game takes years, who the hell has time for that? That's why so much people quit.
I really don't like saying this but based on all the responses you're given, it seems more of a You issue than a game issue; I'm curious, could you tell me one of those games that needs few months to "git good"? Because I would like to try and see how true is that statement, and it seems this isn't the game for you if you don't have patience for it.

That's why there's difficulties for every PF, story and Dailies, so you don't get steamrolled just when starting to play

Why would a beginner go straight to Diamond PF? And before you say to get resources for a diamond keep in mind that it will involve grinding

No argument there, Rift blows chunks

Dude, story mode isn't the only place to obtain resources, for some reason everything goes back to the story mode with your reasoning, I forgot that there's also deployments but I'm not sure you'll be willing to do them

I really don't like saying this but based on all the responses you're given, it seems more of a You issue than a game issue; I'm curious, could you tell me one of those games that needs few months to "git good"? Because I would like to try and see how true is that statement, and it seems this isn't the game for you if you don't have patience for it.
Look I'm not arguing with you. Clearly I'm not the only one with these issues.

I didn't say beginners go straight to diamond prize fights, obviously you didn't read that right.

And I don't know what you mean all my reasoning is about story mode? I also included the cabinet and rift? I said that it's to hard to grind it at least in my opinion.

And since you want to know what game takes months that's fine, cookie run kingdom is one of them. And it's not a issue with just me, it's most people unless you live under a rock you would know that.

And since you want to know what game takes months that's fine, cookie run kingdom is one of them.
So, only one game?
And it's not a issue with just me, it's most people unless you live under a rock you would know that.
Besides you I've never heard anyone complaining about the game taking "too long" to complete.

Each energy refills every 5 mins., 30 mins. for half full and 60 mins. for full refill when you fully upgrade the energy part of a variant’s skill tree. There are too many decent/good + budget options for characters for this to be a problem for “most players”. The issue you’re running into is misallocation of resources (and probably bad fundies). That doesn’t even go into mentioning that there are two types of energy systems, PF (blue) and regular content energy, meaning, if you drain all of your PF variants’ energy, you can still do other PFs with lower leveled chars until the higher level ones refill or Daily, Parallel Realms (which costs no energy, btw and another source of resources), Rift (meh), AE (mid-high level players can ez clear), Story Mode (challenges/accolades can provide resources, if you’re masochistic, story replay can give XP), Holodeck Hazards (way better for consistent XP), PvP if you want to get your fundies up, and Training if you wanna lab combos and/or Team Comps. Or you can touch grass.

There is only two ways to lose to a Defensive team, a) by being beaten through force and b) timed out, this is by design. 3 minutes might be too short when your collection isn’t good or you (and I mean no offense with this) aren’t able to compete with higher level teams. In “real” fighting games, timers are 99 secs, sometimes more, sometimes less. 3 minutes is fine. It may seem so when you’re a bit lower leveled (I used to criticize it too), but it becomes less of a problem over time.

Most higher level defense these days prioritize reflect damage (which is kinda lame tbh) or stall and historically most of not all def teams are built to be stallers which is why a) there are very few hybrids and b) all def variants stats favor HP > ATK. If they increased the timer by 1-3 mins. many def teams and variants would instantly drop multiple tiers.

Also, bots let go of block… and you can grab them and/or charge attack them and depending on what character you are, can combo off of that.

Honestly, kinda based. Shard System needs a bit of a rework and a REAL pity system would be kinda sick.

Story mode takes a huge amount of time and resources, I think HVS has mentioned this in a Roadmap before, or maybe it was a chat(?), either way, that’s why they can’t just add more story. Add that on top of the many modes and in-game tweaks that they have to do (Guilds coming…soon…for years) and Stories are gonna take a back seat to other priorities.

There are many decent to good variants that cost very little. Some that are worth mentioning: BHD w/ TFC MA (gets super power crept when you become higher level), Rusty (pretty meh buff converter), Sheltered, Infernal Twin, Souls Sister, Gang Green (miasma), Vector Protector (miasma), arguably all bronze and silver Dahlias have a place, some might get power crept though, Hellcat, Pea Shooter, Freaky Friday (probably one of the best Silvers), Heavy Reign, arguably many Filia bronze and silver variants w/ TFC, Nunsense (buff oppressor), Doublicious, etc. and that’s a pretty long list for only the amount of decent/good budget options (bronze and silvers).

There are videos on YT from OG players about how to allocate resources correctly and efficiently so that you don’t run into these issues. You should search up “Skullgirls Mobile Beginner Guide” and while you’re there you can also search up “Skullgirls Mobile Combos” or “Skullgirls Mobile Combo Guides”, some videos from Yujipooji, Odd Legend, ZeoW, etc. should come up. Kevin Pepino even has a video that helps you understand AI behavior.

This game is super grindy. If you don’t like that, this is 100% not the game for you. Daily is a grind (until you can skip it), Medici PF is a grind, Monthly PF is a grind, Character PF is a grind, Elemental PF is a grind, Show Me Your Moves is a grind, Parallel Realms is a grind, AE is a semi grind, Holodeck is a grind, Rift is the Ultimate Grind. Sorry, some people have the time and others don’t. If you don’t, either find some time or fill your time up with other things you find worth it. It’s probably TOO much of a monotonous grind which is why many high level players eventually quit, but HVS seems to be trying to work on that. Please read the Roadmaps.

For Prize Fights, I don't like that you get one free mercy for 1 month. It should be everyday.
What???

The bots aren’t made to be “super powerful”, you’re dealing with a skill issue.

Getting resources is still hard regardless if the devs are being more lenient or not, especially for beginners, like if you want a diamond key you literally have to get 65mil or 80mil every couple of days in the character prize fights, like I said rift is also another problem because it's trash, and I already said I finished the story mode, so I can't get anymore stuff from there, and maybe a hour for you but I have to grind 3-5 hours because I don't have a lot of characters.

Beginners shouldn’t even be dreaming about using diamonds as diamonds are mostly high-top level investments. You’re better off focusing on Bronzes and Silvers if you’re low level and Golds if you’re mid level. PFs give you a good amount of good attackers that will carry you into end game.

Not really true that you need luck, you need patience, as over time a) you’ll eventually get lucky and b) many good characters will be given to you through hard work aka grinding. Also, I have a hard time believing you completed your accolades and story (including origin stories) because they both give you guaranteed rewards that would also boost your chances of being lucky (also many accolades require you to be at a certain account quality to be able to achievement (qualities like low/mid/high/top level, not only necessarily numerical).

Also, the reason most people quit is 1 of 2 reasons:

a) The tutorial is horrible at preparing the player in-game as to how the can take the best paths in this game to get the most enjoyment out of it (something that’s addressed in previous Roadmaps) by the way.

b) End Game is just a monotonous grind of PFs, Realms, Rifts and beefing up your characters stats through moves. That gets extremely boring after awhile (also addressed in the Roadmaps).

Luck is fundamental part of how Gachas function (ethically questionable business practices aside).
I didn't say beginners go straight to diamond prize fights, obviously you didn't read that right.

And I don't know what you mean all my reasoning is about story mode? I also included the cabinet and rift? I said that it's to hard to grind it at least in my opinion.

And since you want to know what game takes months that's fine, cookie run kingdom is one of them. And it's not a issue with just me, it's most people unless you live under a rock you would know that.

You don’t always have to explicitly say things to convey a message. This is where implications come in. When you say

and also

And who the heck wants to grind for hours all day to earn resources like that? I finished the story mode, there's no other ways for me to get the resources from there and that's another thing that should be updates. The ways of getting keys are so bad too. Like the cabinet offering 800k for a single diamond key is insane

You are implying a few things: a) that you (a seemingly low-mid level player) really wants diamonds and golds that you, by your own admission, cannot afford and b) the fact that you cannot afford them is a failing on the game’s part and not a personal failure on understanding how you’re supposed to progress in the game + trying too hard to progress faster than you can. For future advice, please understand that (nearly) every statement you make has an implication attached to it whether or not you intend it to. For example, if I say x is better than y, then I’m implicitly saying that y is lesser because for x to exist within a hierarchy over y, one party HAS to be lesser.

TL;DR: read the whole thing.

Reactions: SvenZ and MDude
Each energy refills every 5 mins., 30 mins. for half full and 60 mins. for full refill when you fully upgrade the energy part of a variant’s skill tree. There are too many decent/good + budget options for characters for this to be a problem for “most players”. The issue you’re running into is misallocation of resources (and probably bad fundies). That doesn’t even go into mentioning that there are two types of energy systems, PF (blue) and regular content energy, meaning, if you drain all of your PF variants’ energy, you can still do other PFs with lower leveled chars until the higher level ones refill or Daily, Parallel Realms (which costs no energy, btw and another source of resources), Rift (meh), AE (mid-high level players can ez clear), Story Mode (challenges/accolades can provide resources, if you’re masochistic, story replay can give XP), Holodeck Hazards (way better for consistent XP), PvP if you want to get your fundies up, and Training if you wanna lab combos and/or Team Comps. Or you can touch grass.

There is only two ways to lose to a Defensive team, a) by being beaten through force and b) timed out, this is by design. 3 minutes might be too short when your collection isn’t good or you (and I mean no offense with this) aren’t able to compete with higher level teams. In “real” fighting games, timers are 99 secs, sometimes more, sometimes less. 3 minutes is fine. It may seem so when you’re a bit lower leveled (I used to criticize it too), but it becomes less of a problem over time.

Most higher level defense these days prioritize reflect damage (which is kinda lame tbh) or stall and historically most of not all def teams are built to be stallers which is why a) there are very few hybrids and b) all def variants stats favor HP > ATK. If they increased the timer by 1-3 mins. many def teams and variants would instantly drop multiple tiers.

Also, bots let go of block… and you can grab them and/or charge attack them and depending on what character you are, can combo off of that.

Honestly, kinda based. Shard System needs a bit of a rework and a REAL pity system would be kinda sick.

Story mode takes a huge amount of time and resources, I think HVS has mentioned this in a Roadmap before, or maybe it was a chat(?), either way, that’s why they can’t just add more story. Add that on top of the many modes and in-game tweaks that they have to do (Guilds coming…soon…for years) and Stories are gonna take a back seat to other priorities.

There are many decent to good variants that cost very little. Some that are worth mentioning: BHD w/ TFC MA (gets super power crept when you become higher level), Rusty (pretty meh buff converter), Sheltered, Infernal Twin, Souls Sister, Gang Green (miasma), Vector Protector (miasma), arguably all bronze and silver Dahlias have a place, some might get power crept though, Hellcat, Pea Shooter, Freaky Friday (probably one of the best Silvers), Heavy Reign, arguably many Filia bronze and silver variants w/ TFC, Nunsense (buff oppressor), Doublicious, etc. and that’s a pretty long list for only the amount of decent/good budget options (bronze and silvers).

There are videos on YT from OG players about how to allocate resources correctly and efficiently so that you don’t run into these issues. You should search up “Skullgirls Mobile Beginner Guide” and while you’re there you can also search up “Skullgirls Mobile Combos” or “Skullgirls Mobile Combo Guides”, some videos from Yujipooji, Odd Legend, ZeoW, etc. should come up. Kevin Pepino even has a video that helps you understand AI behavior.

This game is super grindy. If you don’t like that, this is 100% not the game for you. Daily is a grind (until you can skip it), Medici PF is a grind, Monthly PF is a grind, Character PF is a grind, Elemental PF is a grind, Show Me Your Moves is a grind, Parallel Realms is a grind, AE is a semi grind, Holodeck is a grind, Rift is the Ultimate Grind. Sorry, some people have the time and others don’t. If you don’t, either find some time or fill your time up with other things you find worth it. It’s probably TOO much of a monotonous grind which is why many high level players eventually quit, but HVS seems to be trying to work on that. Please read the Roadmaps.

What???

Beginners shouldn’t even be dreaming about using diamonds as diamonds are mostly high-top level investments. You’re better off focusing on Bronzes and Silvers if you’re low level and Golds if you’re mid level. PFs give you a good amount of good attackers that will carry you into end game.

Not really true that you need luck, you need patience, as over time a) you’ll eventually get lucky and b) many good characters will be given to you through hard work aka grinding. Also, I have a hard time believing you completed your accolades and story (including origin stories) because they both give you guaranteed rewards that would also boost your chances of being lucky (also many accolades require you to be at a certain account quality to be able to achievement (qualities like low/mid/high/top level, not only necessarily numerical).

a) The tutorial is horrible at preparing the player in-game as to how the can take the best paths in this game to get the most enjoyment out of it (something that’s addressed in previous Roadmaps) by the way.

b) End Game is just a monotonous grind of PFs, Realms, Rifts and beefing up your characters stats through moves. That gets extremely boring after awhile (also addressed in the Roadmaps).

Luck is fundamental part of how Gachas function (ethically questionable business practices aside).

You don’t always have to explicitly say things to convey a message. This is where implications come in. When you say

and also

You are implying a few things: a) that you (a seemingly low-mid level player) really wants diamonds and golds that you, by your own admission, cannot afford and b) the fact that you cannot afford them is a failing on the game’s part and not a personal failure on understanding how you’re supposed to progress in the game + trying too hard to progress faster than you can. For future advice, please understand that (nearly) every statement you make has an implication attached to it whether or not you intend it to. For example, if I say x is better than y, then I’m implicitly saying that y is lesser because for x to exist within a hierarchy over y, one party HAS to be lesser.

You know how when you lose a streak and it gives you a free ticket to continue your streak. It should be everyday when it refreshes you get a free ticket to continue where you left off. I hate that you only get 1 month, Im cheap asf spending 25 is stinky.

What???

and also

Well this is my opinion and just because you have more experience in the game and the system of the game won't change it. I was told by the devs to put suggestions in this channel it's not even for you, and for you to tell me to touch grass is something you should be doing yourself. And yes bots are made to be powerful so people can spend more money, face it this game is pay to win and in order to progress they want you to spend money on resources such as keys and other things and making the game unenjoyable and hard for people that just start. And by the way I'm not a beginner either so

Well this is my opinion and just because you have more experience in the game and the system of the game won't change it.

I don’t know why people hide behind the phrases like “this is (JUST) my opinion” as if their “opinion”, that’s made in public btw, isn’t subject to scrutiny. (EDIT) If no other opinion is ever going to sway you, why not just put this through the skullgirlsmobile support form so you no one can respond to your poorly thought out “opinions”????

I was told by the devs to put suggestions in this channel it's not even for you, and for you to tell me to touch grass is something you should be doing yourself.

They tell that to everybody lol. Dumb complaints like most of the ones you put forward get posted here/the subreddit/the discord, you’re not the first person to say that “games should last longer” or “Games should be won on HP advantage” or “My fighter takes too long to recover energy”…. that’s why beginner guides are available. They just tell you to post it so you feel like you got a voice and then they ignore it lol. Also, can you point me to the moment to when I ever said explicitly or implicitly that this post was made exclusively for me?????

This post is public. That means it can be scrutinized by any and everyone. Also, the “no u” approach to conversation is cute. Very mature of you. Also highly convenient that you ignored the specific context behind me “telling you to touch grass” as if I was insinuating that you were a loser. For the onlookers that don’t want to read the essay length post I had earlier, the context of “touch grass” was an alternative option, out of MANY alternative options for you to find ways to fill up your time while the energy of your fighters refilled naturally.
Very disingenuous framing coming from you to leave that part out.

And yes bots are made to be powerful so people can spend more money

It’s like you skipped over everything I said to you previously just feed into your own self made narrative lol.

“Bots just sit in block, too OP”

Have you tried waiting for them to attack *crickets*

Have you tried grabbing them *crickets*

Have you tried charge attacks *crickets*

Have you tried hitting their block with safe moves to bait them to attack you *crickets*

face it this game is pay to win and in order to progress they want you to spend money on resources such as keys and other things and making the game

Some of the highest level players have spent $0.00 and somehow skate by just fine but the game has to change entirely for you. Lol ok.

And by the way I'm not a beginner either so
🧢

It’s just incidental that all of the complaints you made mirror the complaints of someone who a) can’t manage their resources, b) complain about ai being “super powerful” to “get you to spend money”, c) “3 minute fighting game matches should last longer” , etc. happen to be the same “criticisms” that low level people make. Curious, why do mid/high/top level people not share your same questions and concerns? Why have none of them shown up to your defense? Where are they? This post is public btw.

You’re frustrated and you’re fighting back because no one is in your corner defending you, but maybe when you’re calmed down and actually ready to look at things objectively and rationally, all of the advice for you to get the full enjoyment out of the game that you want are in this thread. There are very easy answers to 90% of your concerns, you have to put in the bare minimum effort to reap the benefits. You can either take it and have a good time or you can be hard headed and ignore everything in for the sake of not being wrong, then eventually quit.

Hopefully you will find a way through. Godspeed.

Last edited:
For your information I have done that and they sent me here to add my suggestions to the game and that's exactly what i did, i never asked for anyone to interact with it in the first place and you can clearly see people in this thread complaining about the same or similar issues i have with the game, and there's videos on YouTube about suggestions as well. Even Kevin Pepino has a video with his friend about things and suggestions that should be in the game, and both of them are end game players by the way.

And for the AI do you enjoy losing win streaks in prize fights or other alternative game modes because of the enemy wasting time blocking the whole match like squigglys ai for example wasting the 3:00 like when you fling her or anything she just goes back to blocking again, and its annoying. Also at some points when the enemy is blessed with 300% more hp and atk than yourself even if you have level 12 to 15 moves and its impossible to beat when they have special abilities like gain 50% health back every 5 seconds.

And i never said the game itself has to change everything about it because of what i think, not even sure where you got that from. I'm just sharing my thoughts and suggestions (which is what this thread is made for by the way, to share suggestions for them to possibly think about adding in incoming updates) for them to see

And with your point of the highest players barely spending money that is true but that wont change my opinion of the game being made to be a money paywall although its possible to succeed in it without spending your cash, playing as a free to play player is purposely made to be more difficult.

So anyways, I don't care how bad my opinion may seem to you or anyone else. Also its ironic how you said I was frustrated when the whole time I've been talking to you I've been getting nothing but passive aggressiveness from your replies, because its like your implying (I'm not trying to say you are I just feel that way) that my opinion is irrelevant because 'no mid player nor top leveled players should be complaining about the stuff that I'm complaining about, grow up and either get better or quit!!'

i never asked for anyone to interact with it in the first place

Whether or not you “asked” anyone to interact with it is irrelevant. When you do/say things in public, you are subject to outside perspectives, opinions, and scrutiny whether you like it or not. If that fact bothers or offends you, don’t post.
and you can clearly see people in this thread complaining about the same or similar issues i have with the game, and there's videos on YouTube about suggestions as well. Even Kevin Pepino has a video with his friend about things and suggestions that should be in the game, and both of them are end game players by the way.

Firstly, no one has issues with you criticizing the game. I and many others criticize the game very often because we enjoy the game enough to see the potential in it and support it, but recognize that there are issues that can cause people to be reluctant to recommend this game to other players and/or stop players from wanting to continue playing the game themselves.

The ISSUE is the specific things you choose to criticize the game for. Between the “games should be longer argument”, the “AI too hard” argument, the “energy system bad” argument, the “more story mode content” argument and the “resources are too scarce” argument, most of the points you bring up have a foundational issue underneath them which is why you’re being criticized.

“Games should be longer”, most fighting games are 99 seconds, or 1 min 39 secs, in the grand scope of fighting games, SGM’s matches last pretty long.
“AI too hard”, you do not understand how to exploit the AI. It’s funny that you bring up Kevin Pepino when he literally has a video on it and I even said before that he made a video on it.

“Energy System bad”, when the energy part of the skill tree is maxed, every energy refills in 5 mins, 12 energy per card, meaning in 30 mins, it’s halfway through and to fully refill, it takes an hour. Keep in mind that if you use other variants, while your other variants are on cooldown, they still are refilling so you don’t really need to even wait a full hour. ALSO, the game gives free in-game energy refills through gifts and deployments.

“More story”, addressed in previous roadmaps.

“Resources to scarce”, some definitely are. It’s a bit silly that you get about 3-5k theonite a month and the only way to get new variants is either to a) grind out bp, PF and hope for RNGesus to bless you, b) Overpriced limited time shard exchange, c) spend ALL of your theonite that you made for the month on 1 singular 10+1 event relic, and hope for the best OR d) pay real money for RNGesus to STILL have a chance to screw you over. It’s also a bit silly that the lowest XP treat is very rarely given for free in any game mode. It’s also a bit annoying how hard you have to grind for coins, so much so that end game players usually just convert their theonite to CC.

The problem with the way you put it is that you made it seem as if the game makes it extremely difficult to get the resources you need to be a good/high ranking player when that’s very much so not the case and I even gave you advice on how to properly allocate your resources so you don’t waste your time/resources on rookie mistakes. Other people even agreed with me lol.

And for the AI do you enjoy losing win streaks in prize fights or other alternative game modes because of the enemy wasting time blocking the whole match like squigglys ai for example wasting the 3:00 like when you fling her or anything she just goes back to blocking again, and its annoying.

This doesn’t happen to me because I know how to exploit the AI lol. There are specific timings when they release their block, they almost always sweep in the corner, they almost always eventually hit your block with something unsafe that you can punish with. I and many others skate by just fine and if there was a game problem and not a personal problem. More of the community would be concerned with such [oppressive] AI, but they don’t because that’s not an issue for most people.

Also at some points when the enemy is blessed with 300% more hp and atk than yourself even if you have level 12 to 15 moves and its impossible to beat when they have special abilities like gain 50% health back every 5 seconds.

This is blatantly false for two reasons, a) moves are the backbone for variants meaning having a level 12-15 moveset makes a HUGE difference (depending on the specific variants and stats you invest in and hopefully not investing much into bronze moves) and b) there are many ways to counter any given variant in the game, but it requires careful consideration and planning. Heal gets countered by heal block, curse, hex (if an SA is causing the regen), buff cleanse, and inverse polarity. Reflect gets countered by invincibility, barrier, self heal, and (kinda) drain.

If it was “impossible” multiple mid/high/top level players (that are on YT) would never be able to reach 500% Health ATK.

And i never said the game itself has to change everything about it because of what i think, not even sure where you got that from.

I don’t know if you know this but words and actions have implications and effect other people. When you make criticisms about aspects of the game you want to change, that will affect other people who play the same game.

Also, you definitely misinterpreted when I said “change entirely for you”. I was not saying that you want to change “everything about the game”, I was saying that you wanted changes that (for the most part) NO ONE else wants, that no one else is asking for and when you get reasonable pushback from people you hide behind the “this is just my opinion bro”. You do not exist in a vacuum. Other people matter too.

I'm just sharing my thoughts and suggestions (which is what this thread is made for by the way, to share suggestions for them to possibly think about adding in incoming updates) for them to see

So am I.

And with your point of the highest players barely spending money that is true but that wont change my opinion of the game being made to be a money paywall although its possible to succeed in it without spending your cash, playing as a free to play player is purposely made to be more difficult.

You do realize that by conceding that the highest players spend little to no money reaching their spot that you essentially conceded on two crucial points. A) That this game is pay to win and B) that the game is at fault for your personal lack of progression.

How can people who pay $0.00 succeed in a game that’s pay2win? Do you know what pay2win means? How did they succeed if they didn’t pay any money???? That’s a pretty bad pay2win model if you ask me. (Though to be fair to you, this game is slowly getting pay2win crept and I REALLY don’t like it.)

playing as a free to play player is purposely made to be more difficult.

Of course it is????? Welcomes to gachas and business. How do you think they’d be able to maintain servers or make any money? You can grind it out and get to the same place, or you can pay your way through and still get relatively good results. It’s not even like if you have a fat wallet that this game becomes kindergarten easy because if you lack fighting game fundamentals, it doesn’t matter how many maxed out diamonds you have, you will loss.

So anyways, I don't care how bad my opinion may seem to you or anyone else. Also its ironic how you said I was frustrated when the whole time I've been talking to you I've been getting nothing but passive aggressiveness from your replies, because its like your implying (I'm not trying to say you are I just feel that way) that my opinion is irrelevant because 'no mid player nor top leveled players should be complaining about the stuff that I'm complaining about, grow up and either get better or quit!!'

You are really having a rough time understanding me. You don’t have to care about my opinion or anyone else’s opinion on a personal level, but when you put something out into the world that have effects on other people, you should expect people to respond because that is how society and the world functions at large. If you want the freedom to express your opinion without scrutiny, find a way to make a post then lock the comments, have your opinions privately or suck it up and learn how to deal with pushback like a regular functioning member of society.

My initial message had 0 passive aggressiveness in there at all. I remember when I was at a place where my account was at a plateau and I didn’t have anyone to help me or anywhere to turn to so I tried to help you out so that you can take responsibility for your account and have more fun with the game. I come from a time where there were NO YouTubers that made guides on how to progress the game, the in-game tutorial was (and still is) horribly outdated, and you had to go to ch0 for advice to maybe hopefully get some real advice while trying to avoid some of the very suspect convos that ran concurrently. I understand that struggle so I tried to help.

My passive aggressiveness, and overall aggression came from you mischaracterizing my words and taking my words out of context to make me seem more jaded and sinister than I actually am. Am I supposed to be happy about that??

because its like your implying (I'm not trying to say you are I just feel that way) that my opinion is irrelevant because 'no mid player nor top leveled players should be complaining about the stuff that I'm complaining about, grow up and either get better or quit!!

Once again you fail to understand me. No one is saying your opinion is “irrelevant” because you opinion isn’t shared by mid/high/top level players. I’m trying to get you to understand the underlying issues and holes in your arguments. The reason I said that these demographic of players don’t have these problems is because the problems you bring up literally (figuratively) go away with experience and labbing combos. Only new/low level players share these sentiments.

No one told you to grow up, nor was it implied that you were immature (until you started doing immature stuff) and to either “get better or quit”. The reality is you probably made this post because you were running into issues in game that you were displeased with. Displeasure over time leads to people taking breaks/quitting. That’s one path you can go down if you choose to not take any of the advice provided not only in their thread by me and others, but in other threads like New Player FAQs or going to discord and asking what variants you should level up/or account advice, or watching YT beginner guides. The other path is actually taking the advice. Your choice.

I believe you can make the right choice. Godspeed.

Reactions: Stone
I don’t know why people hide behind the phrases like “this is (JUST) my opinion” as if their “opinion”, that’s made in public btw, isn’t subject to scrutiny. (EDIT) If no other opinion is ever going to sway you, why not just put this through the skullgirlsmobile support form so you no one can respond to your poorly thought out “opinions”????

They tell that to everybody lol. Dumb complaints like most of the ones you put forward get posted here/the subreddit/the discord, you’re not the first person to say that “games should last longer” or “Games should be won on HP advantage” or “My fighter takes too long to recover energy”…. that’s why beginner guides are available. They just tell you to post it so you feel like you got a voice and then they ignore it lol. Also, can you point me to the moment to when I ever said explicitly or implicitly that this post was made exclusively for me?????

This post is public. That means it can be scrutinized by any and everyone. Also, the “no u” approach to conversation is cute. Very mature of you. Also highly convenient that you ignored the specific context behind me “telling you to touch grass” as if I was insinuating that you were a loser. For the onlookers that don’t want to read the essay length post I had earlier, the context of “touch grass” was an alternative option, out of MANY alternative options for you to find ways to fill up your time while the energy of your fighters refilled naturally.
Very disingenuous framing coming from you to leave that part out.

It’s like you skipped over everything I said to you previously just feed into your own self made narrative lol.

“Bots just sit in block, too OP”

Have you tried waiting for them to attack *crickets*

Have you tried grabbing them *crickets*

Have you tried charge attacks *crickets*

Have you tried hitting their block with safe moves to bait them to attack you *crickets*

Some of the highest level players have spent $0.00 and somehow skate by just fine but the game has to change entirely for you. Lol ok.

🧢

It’s just incidental that all of the complaints you made mirror the complaints of someone who a) can’t manage their resources, b) complain about ai being “super powerful” to “get you to spend money”, c) “3 minute fighting game matches should last longer” , etc. happen to be the same “criticisms” that low level people make. Curious, why do mid/high/top level people not share your same questions and concerns? Why have none of them shown up to your defense? Where are they? This post is public btw.

You’re frustrated and you’re fighting back because no one is in your corner defending you, but maybe when you’re calmed down and actually ready to look at things objectively and rationally, all of the advice for you to get the full enjoyment out of the game that you want are in this thread. There are very easy answers to 90% of your concerns, you have to put in the bare minimum effort to reap the benefits. You can either take it and have a good time or you can be hard headed and ignore everything in for the sake of not being wrong, then eventually quit.

Hopefully you will find a way through. im gonna fart in your mouth. Fartsped
they should add guard break from pvp comp over to like pfs and stuff smh