• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Prize Fight: Hot Off The Presses

gotta plan what fighters to use this PF!

Make sure not to pick fighters that have debuffs on hit, like peashooter peacock, wulfsbane beowulf or parasite weave filia to name a few.
Actually peashooter is not that bad. They die before regen becomes a problem. Also peacock has good burst damage which helps. Most of the filias and no egrets though... Also i have gold heavy reign and got shafted by inferno brigade. For some reason it often whiffs as if the enemy blocked it (meaning most of the time it oneshots people, but sometimes it hits for like 10% hp, and it's guaranteed full stack of buffs and almost always a fully charged bb3).

As far as strategies go for this fight what I’ve been doing personally is trying to gauge risk/reward on letting the AI hit me to try and inflict status conditions and picking fights more likely to give the buffs the fights special condition applies to you. Say for example you’re using Harlequin Cerebella, and the AI is Peashooter Peacock. If it’s early in the fight with your Cerebella not having that much damage I’ve been purposely not blocking Argus Agony for the chance to be inflicted armor break and get the free permanent buffs. It’s hard to gauge and guess if the moves the AI uses will inflict status conditions but sometimes you can get lucky, like if they use burst at the beginning of the match and give you a free stack of rage and regen. If you want to avoid giving the AI perma buffs I find it best to replace the blockbusters/abilities you have that inflict status ailments for something lower level (I.E. trading in Argus agony level 5 for Argus Agony level 2) that has the status chance ability not unlocked to minimize the risk. Of course that strategy is completely dependent on how many moves you own and if you are able to replace certain ones.

Reactions: Boogiepop
Try to look at it another way:
If I was playing an actual fighting game and I only used one kind of move, then the enemy is going to adapt and win. To actually properly fight someone you need to be able to adapt and use your whole arsenal of abilities. This is in the same vein as this PF.
If I keep using moves that the enemy can completely avoid, or in this case actually make the enemy stronger, I should stop using those moves/abilities.
You need to adapt to your opponent and find a way around his new, enhanced defenses.

But it's not moves per say, it's characters. So you're discouraged from using certain characters all together. Which is fine I guess, I don't have a preference, except I hate playing with big band.

I'm thinking around 30mil but I'm gonna hit 40 just to be safe.

You think 30 mil! Dang, I was hoping 6 would get it done. No way in hell I'm grinding to that.

But it's not moves per say, it's characters. So you're discouraged from using certain characters all together. Which is fine I guess, I don't have a preference, except I hate playing with big band.

You think 30 mil! Dang, I was hoping 6 would get it done. No way in hell I'm grinding to that.
He's talking about Top 10 period.

Did you actually mean top 10%?
For that 6mil should be safe

Reactions: Luke
As far as strategies go for this fight what I’ve been doing personally is trying to gauge risk/reward on letting the AI hit me to try and inflict status conditions and picking fights more likely to give the buffs the fights special condition applies to you. Say for example you’re using Harlequin Cerebella, and the AI is Peashooter Peacock. If it’s early in the fight with your Cerebella not having that much damage I’ve been purposely not blocking Argus Agony for the chance to be inflicted armor break and get the free permanent buffs. It’s hard to gauge and guess if the moves the AI uses will inflict status conditions but sometimes you can get lucky, like if they use burst at the beginning of the match and give you a free stack of rage and regen. If you want to avoid giving the AI perma buffs I find it best to replace the blockbusters/abilities you have that inflict status ailments for something lower level (I.E. trading in Argus agony level 5 for Argus Agony level 2) that has the status chance ability not unlocked to minimize the risk. Of course that strategy is completely dependent on how many moves you own and if you are able to replace certain ones.
This is what I really don't like about this prize fight at certain points. I straight up can't use several of my gold fighters because their strats are based around the use of status stuff, so if there's a gap in score I can't use any moves.

This is what I really don't like about this prize fight at certain points. I straight up can't use several of my gold fighters because their strats are based around the use of status stuff, so if there's a gap in score I can't use any moves.
A gap in score or literally any big band, because big band with 5x regen is essentially unkillable if it's even slightly higher FS than you.

Reactions: Boogiepop
Too bad it'll probably take months for some of us unlucky ones to get one new gold fighter if we don't win the top prize. Not everyone will find success in this prize fight, but the challenge for that special Minted Relic is what makes it fair.

R.I.P. everyone who relies on status effects

In prize fight: hot off the presses, the last milestone reward is at 1.780.000 points. So if anyone surpasses that, is it guaranteed that will get the new gold character ? Right now i’m at 1.000.000 and it’s difficult to reach that score since I have only three gold characters. So... how many points do I have to score to get that new gold character ??

In prize fight: hot off the presses, the last milestone reward is at 1.780.000 points. So if anyone surpasses that, is it guaranteed that will get the new gold character ? Right now i’m at 1.000.000 and it’s difficult to reach that score since I have only three gold characters. So... how many points do I have to score to get that new gold character ??
Just passing the milestones is not enough to guarantee a new fighter. Since this pf is new and a one time thing I'm guessing the cutoff for top ten % will be around 3mil.

Yeah I'm not going that hard on it, certainly not wasting theonite on refilling energy, but every now and then log in to waste the full energy on everyone.

So far at 7.6mil but I'll prolly stop around 10mil to be safe. On the iPad which that account has the worst luck possible and the game for some reason hates it I won't even be able to hit all the milestones lol.

Yeah I'm not going that hard on it, certainly not wasting theonite on refilling energy, but every now and then log in to waste the full energy on everyone.

So far at 7.6mil but I'll prolly stop around 10mil to be safe. On the iPad which that account has the worst luck possible and the game for some reason hates it I won't even be able to hit all the milestones lol.
10mil is safe. You'll get the relic.

I've managed to hit 8 million thus far, which is higher than any PF score I've managed in the past. Pretty much ignoring the Parasoul PF for this, since I already have the gold dark Parasoul and decent amounts of theonite & gold.

I think I'll call it safe at ~10 million.

I've managed to hit 8 million thus far, which is higher than any PF score I've managed in the past. Pretty much ignoring the Parasoul PF for this, since I already have the gold dark Parasoul and decent amounts of theonite & gold.

I think I'll call it safe at ~10 million.
8 mil should be safe so if I was you I would at least get the milestones for the Para pf

8 mil should be safe so if I was you I would at least get the milestones for the Para pf
Well I've been mostly ignoring the other PFs so that I'm not spending all my time on the app just to make sure I get everything. I just got FFXV so I wanted to try that. Also have been watching Bojack Horseman. I divy out my free time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I use Fillia as my main.... So I'm not going to do well here. bad hair day is one of my mains. So I'm not trying to get the gold, here. No freaking chance of it.

On the plus side, my new resonant evils (TWO of them! I got lucky!) are showing extreme potential. sadly, they are WAY too underleveled to turn the tide this time.... but in the future.

Im reaching new hights in pz, i usually go for 5mill, but for this one so far im 11mill. i dont have enough gold to cycle through. Guess ill end up around ~15mill