• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Quietus DEBUFF

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
New characters bring new BUFFS and DEBUFFS. Some examples:
NAME
BUFF
DEBUFF
FukuaMIASMAFATIGUE
AnnieAUTO BLOCKGUARD BREAK
UmbrellaSLIME
Black DahliaDEADEYE
MarieQUIETUS

quietus.jpg

QUIETUS

In the bronze Bare Bones Marie debut teaser, the new DEBUFF called QUIETUS appeared.

What do you think this coffin with the inverted cross debuff does?

- - -
Dictionary time!

qui·e·tus
/ˈkwīədəs/
noun
  • death or something that causes death, regarded as a release from life.
  • something that has a calming or soothing effect.
  • a finishing stroke; anything that effectually ends or settles
- - -

Speaking of inverted crosses, remember in the Skullgirls universe it has a different meaning. Parasoul wears it on a necklace as a symbol of faith for the Church of the Trinity. When Alex Ahad created Parasoul, he probably picked the Cross of Saint Peter because he thought it looked cool and it had an edgy, counter-Christian occult flavor.

In our world a person wearing an inverted cross necklace is probably a headbanging black metal fan. In the Skullgirls world, they are a Trinitist (follower, or adopting the appearance of a follower of the Trinitism religion). Trinity = The Mother, Aeon, and Venus

Interesting...I can see that Quietus does not stack. Hilgard's Haymaker seems to apply the debuff, and when that move is used a second time, there's still time on the Quietus debuff but no second trigger is added to the timer.

But what does Quietus do?
Might be a counter to an existing buff? Final Stand? Blessing? But, in the past, if there were opposing modifiers, they were released together, so it is doubtful.

"Final End"? Like if a fighter dies with Quietus in effect they can not be rezzed?

We'll find out soon enough!

Interesting...I can see that Quietus does not stack. Hilgard's Haymaker seems to apply the debuff, and when that move is used a second time, there's still time on the Quietus debuff but no second trigger is added to the timer.

But what does Quietus do?
Might be a counter to an existing buff? Final Stand? Blessing? But, in the past, if there were opposing modifiers, they were released together, so it is doubtful.

"Final End"? Like if a fighter dies with Quietus in effect they can not be rezzed?

We'll find out soon enough!
this is an interesting speculation, although i feel like having a special move that prevented revives would be way too op

this is an interesting speculation, although i feel like having a special move that prevented revives would be way too op
Anti-rez tech exists already: Squigly's PA, Biting Cold/Alter Ego's SA and, technically, tagging out a defeated fighter.

My theory was that it is similar to Blessing; You only get the benefit of Blessing if you die while the buff is active, same here, you're only 'perma dead' if you die while Quietus is active. I think that need for timing keeps it from being too OP.

Or, here's another theory...while Quietus is active; revive effects can't be triggered by moves or abilities...

I’m probably wrong but it in the video it looked like Annie was trying to activate her star mode and couldn’t. Could this debuff prevent opponent from using their CA?

in the Maid of Honor teaser Underdog stopped converting debuffs into haste as well after being inflicted by quietus.

I’m probably wrong but it in the video it looked like Annie was trying to activate her star mode and couldn’t. Could this debuff prevent opponent from using their CA?
I think you can only activate star power when you're not in juggle state or 'in the air' during attacks (or something like that, Annie needs to be in the player's control to activate star power)...and the icon indicates that through out the clip, even when Quietus is not applied. I could be interpreting that wrong myself.

in the Maid of Honor teaser Underdog stopped converting debuffs into haste as well after being inflicted by quietus.
...that's Wulfsbane in that clip...honest mistake

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty00
Gravedigger Marie teaser provides some hard evidence for the counter-revival theory:

Looks like QUIETUS is like DEADEYE, a modifier that reacts to other modifiers. It ignored the five stacks of permanent BLESSING and the permanent FINAL STAND.

DEADEYE
Attacks ignore the opponent’s DEFENSE and will not trigger the effects of AUTO-BLOCK, UNFLINCHING, EVASION, or THORNS.

I wonder if QUIETUS will have a bonus quirk like DEADEYE's "ignore opponent DEFENSE"

Last edited:
Reactions: evilgordo
Gravedigger Marie teaser provides some hard evidence for the counter-revival theory:

Looks like QUIETUS is like DEADEYE, it ignored the five stacks of permanent BLESSING and the permanent FINAL STAND.
My question is: Is it only counter Blessing and Final Stand only ?
Can they be rezz by Forbidden Proceduce or by Death Wish/Kill Joy SA or not? -> Maybe this is where that corspes destroy CA come into play.
If Marie can reliable apply that debuff, she would be a pefect rez counter fighter (except for debuffs clearing variants and Immunity)

One thing is for sure. We can see that the new debuff is related to the potential prevention of revival. Especially with Gravediggers appearance as a teaser. In the end, only time will tell when we finally get to see Marie's SAs.