• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Remove the elemental restriction from offense on element prize fight.

buggy.

Reaction score
Would you kindly remove the mandatory requirement to have a fighter of corresponding element on prize fight for offense?

I.e. currently fire element prize fight is live and one has to have a fire element fighter on offense. 20200711_174013.jpg

The annoyance stems from after every two matches, have to mark and unmark by fire element from sorting menu.
Then repeat it 30 times for 60 matches on one prize fight. And there are 5 elemental prize fight every month.

There were no mention of it for offense in the patch notes either -Screenshot_20200711-165850.jpeg.

Last edited:
It ain't happening, bud.
What's the point of fighting an elemental pf without even carrying with you a fighter of that element?
Also in this way, you can lvl up fighters of all types, obliviously.

Reactions: when's mahvel
It ain't happening, bud.
What's the point of fighting an elemental pf without even carrying with you a fighter of that element?
We didn't have this restriction before so what was the point before the update then? Feedback is always welcome. There have been plenty of changes that have been reverted or retuned after community feedback.

We didn't have this restriction before so what was the point before the update then? Feedback is always welcome.
Before the update, they must had not thought about it.
Or
Also after putting some pesky, logical(kinda) condition, there are some chances that the cutoff might get somewhat lower.
Or
They want to emphasize players to have a variant roster, this can be evident from the new elemental based rift modifiers, we are getting nowadays.

So that's all folks.
Hope I am clear.

It ain't happening, bud.
Understand where you’re coming from on this. However, if we were to do this, what's the point of a character prize fight without even carrying a corresponding character? You have to have a fukua on offense for each match for gold prize fight.

To understand why we don’t do that, you've to take into account one of the primary role of prize fights - levelling up characters. Restricting that part hurts the heart of prize fight.
Restrictions are understandable for a holiday event. Not for regular prize fights.
Yes and no. Now i can't level up the character i want if it doesn’t fit the theme. You don’t need this restriction to level up a character. It’s redundant.

Before the update, they must had not thought about it.
Or
Also after putting some pesky, logical(kinda) condition, there are some chances that the cutoff might get somewhat lower.
Or
They want to emphasize players to have a variant roster, this can be evident from the new elemental based rift modifiers, we are getting nowadays.

So that's all folks.
Hope I am clear.
Let's say that it’s a sneaky plan to lower the threshold of elemental prize fight. EcXWiAaXQAA1Js3.jpgit didn’t work. 27 mill+ for 10% on water prize fight. It's mostly been around 27 - 30 mill for water and light. And it won't work cause lots people have enough fodders of each element. And more people will have them in future. Highest it'll do is annoy some people out of playing elemental prize fight; which is a terrible thing to do.

To emphasize players on building a colorful roster. True. Though it doesn’t have to sacrifice prize fights for that.
E.g. accolades can do that. Evolve 5 characters of 5 different elements and get "x" for the first time. And as you've said, rift is already doing it.

Last edited:
To emphasize players on building a colorful roster. True. Though it doesn’t have to sacrifice prize fights for that.
E.g. accolades can do that. Evolve 5 characters of 5 different elements and get "x" for the first time. And as you've said, rift is already doing it.
Yes. I agree with younow.
But after all, they are the Devs, they must had thought something about it and the reason, they just don't want to tell us.
But ,then, don't start hating them cause they love us.

My last reason might be the one but still WHO KNOWS!
Happy reading
(‘~`)

No but seriously take out this mod. It makes it even more tedious then the game already was. And it makes grinding less fun and slower if the character(s) you want to level isn’t in that specific element. The element specific defensive team? Sure why not. But on your battle team as well? No. And as said before it was unannounced and unwelcome.

Just wanted to agree with what was said above and add a few points.

Firstly, no warning about this which makes it even worse because otherwise we could've had a chance to give our thoughts on it before it hit.

Secondly, no other prize fights require your fight team to match the mods. Can you imagine people competing for Fukua in the PF having to USE a fukua in their offense team!? Most of the Fukua people slapped on their teams were silvers and barely invested in (I'm not bashing anyone for it, I'm part of that club too). And this would give a SERIOUSLY unfair advantage to RNG lucky players who happened to get a diamond fukua and make their defense team a living nightmare.

So let's take that logic and apply it here.
I have one decent water character. Just one. And it's not even from relics (I'm just that unlucky). For the first 20ish fights I'll probably be fine without it, but then as they get more difficult I'll really start to have a hard time using the same character on my team over and over. She's useful, she's invested in, but she just can't main carry me later into the streaks. And I'm someone who can consistently reach top 10% if I wasn't so lazy with elemental pfs. So what about the earlier game players? Isn't needing a decent elemental fighter to participate asking enough of these poor folks? I mean, they're getting bashed from every angle here. They probably have about 3ish good fighters? Enough to get them somewhere in a prize fight but not enough to choose from.

AND the icing on the cake are deployments which ask for certain fighter of certain elements. That also serves as an incentive for players to invest in those fighters BUT they can't do both PFs and Deployments because deployment fighters can't be used for offensive teams while they're away but CAN BE USED FOR DEFENSE TEAMS.

Final point. Elemental PFs are a great place to level up bronze foddler since you can't in character PFs. So now you're more limited in what you can level up when.

So let's recap a bit. Most players think this is a terrible mod, even later game players who have great collections and enough fighter to make this worthwhile. I understand the themed defense mods, but themed offense teams is very poorly received. It gives unfair advantage to those who have lucky pulls, and those players get enough advantages as is, and really hurts incoming and midgame players even more than the rest of this update already has. Please reconsider this change.

After seeing the recent post from @Sairus on the Official Announcement section,
which says,

Making Character requirments such an elementary feature of the game was actually one of the most important goals of this addition.
A long term goal for the game is that players will need a wide variety of Characters and Fighters to complete certain modes. Master Story in particular has very specific Character requirments to test your skill as a player with a wide variety of Characters, many of which are outside of players comfort zones. However, up until Master Difficulty, it's possible to just focus on a handful of Fighters and nothing else. Then players hit a brick wall when more specific requirements pop up.
Giving players a very strong incentive to collect and work on at least one Fighter from every Character type is designed as a foundational piece to allow players a smoother experience later on where their collections will be more evened out and they'll hae experience with more Characters and Fighters.

An unfortunate side effect of this is that it affects players that restrict their collections like your Cat Only teams, however, for the general health of the game this was an important design change. (and remember, my triple Oh Mai team was one of the first Themed Teams, so this directly affects me - and I was one of the biggest supporters of the change when it was proposed!)

It doesn't feels like it's going to change.
ಠ︵ಠ

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen