• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal REPLAY DESYNCS

Bones

Administrator
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We are well aware of the current issues with Replays and how they are not syncing up properly with what you remember from your match.

The best way to catch what is causing your fights to desync from the replay is to record video of your fight on device and then compare it to the replay. There should be a moment where everything is the same and then suddenly switches. For example, we know that when certain Artifacts trigger in Parallel Realms it will desync during the Replay.

Obviously this is extra work and please only compare your own replay videos if you're up for it!

Everyone else, if you have a replay that you know is incorrect, please do the following:

1. Reply here with your SGM username and ID
2. FAVORITE the replay that is incorrect
3. Share that Replay code here
4. Share any other info you have about the fight that's different than what you remember!

Thanks!

B.E.B.

Reactions: Agresiva and Dawun
Yes, I was lucky enough to have been recording for a video and as far as I can tell, the desync began when the opponent automatically used her BB3 after my fighter got off of the ground (the AI will sometimes do that). Instead of the opponent using it, my own fighter did.

User: Kuro0090
ID: 1c8i-22v9a

Replay: 2ngx-1hntqqv

It is the Boss Figth in Parallel Realms.
After the first character is defeated it compleatly changes the Fight.
I won the Fight but the replay it´s a Defeat.

Got both figths recorded, the original and the replay, if useful.

username: steiiin
ID: 2l22-jyofq
replay id: 2dtg-1htjjsn

parallel realms of course, lol.
up until my peacock is thrown by double, everything is synced just fine; i for sure won the fight but on the replay it shows my team getting defeated by just sitting there doing nothing.

usuário: noob-saibot-wins....
id:3hpy-ccdr1

repetição:0yr0-1hvss4m

Lembro que a luta para sincronizar quando o robô fortune explode, e depois disso no original eu acerto a filia com um raio laser, mas no replay a filia me derrota com o blockbuster

ID: 0n85-44dzh
Replay: 3qab-1hwwqyk

It always happens to me when I fight against death wish in the pp that is currently in place

SGM user: Honeypookz
ID: 33fj-1q13g
Replay Code: 0oyb-1ir6xn9
What’s Different: It completely doesn’t show the fight at all.. it only shows the ending and plus i won this match so i don’t know why it’s showing that i lost..

SGM user: MitsukiAkemi
ID: 0njo-7tow
Replay Code: 4lun-1isweik
First off I remember that I didn't start the battle with Eager, I had Creature of Habit out. Second, the replay starts with Creature of Habit dead. Third, I only went to see a weird interaction that I wanted to check out with Umbrella coming in after a teammate is defeated but can't due to this bug. I would like to have this fixed so I can check to see if there's a potential bug with this that I can report on.

Edit: Looking at other replays I found that a lot of things are strange with the replay (I know this isnt the best place to post this but good information to know about) After trying to see if I can replicate the dead teammate before match starts and what I found was that RNG buff gaining/debuff gaining was random in replay as with Djinn's SA1 and the Two to Tangle diamond PF modifier giving both different buffs and debuffs during replay. In the pictures it shown different buffs and debuffs for the same fight just one on replay and one from a recording I took before checking replay. If you want the replay code for that fight its 4qdg-1isxs0d. I noticed that the inputs are exactly the same in the replay even if different fighters end up being used which is also interesting. Anyways you can just ignore this if this isnt the right place to put this stuff in but thank yoi for looking into this.

Attachments

• IMG_8192.jpeg
    IMG_8192.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8191.jpeg
    IMG_8191.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
SGM username : NearNeon
ID : 324n-3kb75
Replay Code : 3xue-1iz79ta

Easy to diference the replays, i was fighting against a Corrosive agent with my Prrrrminator and i lost by time, not by a hit like it shows in the replay

SGM username: Nerima
ID: 2t8h-1xz9u

Replay Code: 3ja6-1j5yrye

This one is going to be easy, because replay didnt "desync and some point", but went wrong from the very beggining.
Actions I did on the start of the match: dash back -> switch to overclocked. In the replay I do not dash back, my Filia just gets beaten.

And another one:
Replay Code: 4py3-1iab7c9

This one desync the moment Eliza tag ins, before that its fine... i guess

And another one:
Replay Code: 2oq4-1iihl5g

This one is normal until opponent's Filia tags in. From here my cerebella isnt controlled by me. In the actual gameplay I switched from Cerebella to Eliza and didnt try to attack Filia with Cerebella. I did Hammer Toss Big Band outta stage tho.

Guess what's all of these 3 have in common? I ran into Overclocked's bug and wanted to record it in the replays, just to find out they are not working.

user: Sr_Eco (bf account not mine lol but i play parallel realms for him in hist phone bc hes new n want some canopies ♥)
user id: 12lx-jjbs5

replay code: 2tz2-1hb1u9d
gameplay video:

i mean... i dont need to say anything about the difference between gameplay and replay ¿right? jk jk, but to be fair, when purrfect dark ability trigger on windswept the replay goes wrong

------------

user: Agresiva (thats mine :,D)
user id:160p-3aqs3

replay code: 4xvn-1j6wqfa
gameplay video:

when death wish eats the painwheel with the feeding time BB the replays go wrong (i think its bc the replay cant recognize when enemies can't be revived or are cleaned from the stage
*the theory come strong when i see a replay of a match with plot twisted and the replay goes wrong when i activated her prestige after defeat the first fighter (replay ID of plot twisted gamplay: 4yxr-1j6xrow )

Last edited:
User: Cmn31337
Replay ID: 3fkl-1joctcd

I didn't record the live match, but mine might be an interesting case because I believe the outcome is different because of a bad RNG seed. In the replay, you'll notice I'm fighting a tainted blood Fly Trap and my Eliza, though anti-crit, NEVER lands a critical hit, and still has 100% HP by the time the Fly Trap is defeated. In the live match, I lost a fair bit of HP from reflect.

Similarly, you'll notice the Uhost tags in but doesn't do anything because the disable special moves debuff has been applied. However, that never happened live. In the live match the Uhost tagged in with different debuffs, and immediately attacked with Death Pendulum. If you look at the saved event stream for this replay you should see the Death Pendulum event, which never got to execute because the wrong debuff had been applied.

Assuming you guys are saving the RNG seed used and matching that on replay, perhaps it's a hardware bug where the same seed generates different values? Phone is Galaxy Fold 6, One UI version 6.1.1, Android 14, Kernel 6.1.57-android14-11-29150220-abF956USQU1AXFD #1.

EDIT: I have a recording, though of a different replay ID (which I have since lost, sorry. You might be able to dig up the replay ID from identifying details in the YT video description). You can clearly see that the RNG values are different from live vs replay.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the replay bugs, and was wondering. Is it possible that they're caused by the fact that certain characters can perform actions after round end?

For example, characters like Dahlia can perform quite a few BBs after the match has ended by buffering into them. This also includes activating Prestige, which stops the match completion screen from showing for several seconds.

Now, I know this cannot be publicly shared for obvious reasons, but is there a property enlisted for every move which stops it from being performed when a match ends? And could using abilities without this boolean activated trigger the replay bug? Not necessarily at the end of the match, but in general. My argument being move priority being overridden, and the AI just following through the mismatch when it happens

I've been thinking about the replay bugs, and was wondering. Is it possible that they're caused by the fact that certain characters can perform actions after round end?

For example, characters like Dahlia can perform quite a few BBs after the match has ended by buffering into them. This also includes activating Prestige, which stops the match completion screen from showing for several seconds.

Now, I know this cannot be publicly shared for obvious reasons, but is there a property enlisted for every move which stops it from being performed when a match ends? And could using abilities without this boolean activated trigger the replay bug? Not necessarily at the end of the match, but in general. My argument being move priority being overridden, and the AI just following through the mismatch when it happens
It's a whole can of worms, the engineers will be implementing some systems in the near future that should automatically detect and show us what moves/fighters/modifiers/etc are causing desyncs.

We went through it once before when we first implemented Versus mode and even with that feature there's still some desyncs. Long story short, it's just a chunk of work that needs to get done but should be resolved in the next few updates.

User: VT.
User ID: 521d-1shgz
Replay Code: 3hyp-1k8wqgs

Ok, I was playing Parallel Realms and, apart from showing my replays with my fighters doing completely different things to what I did, it also won't let me finish watching the game, as almost when it's about to end, it just takes me out of the replay and leaves me back in the replays menu. This happens with all my replays. I tried other game modes and it also happens.

I also put the ID of the altered repairs that I liked.

Replay Code: 3hk7-1k8wdgl
Replay Code: 3hrs-1k8wjnp
Replay Code: 3i6y-1k8wxjz
Replay Code: 3hbm-1k8w5qp

Here's another weird one.. a Rift battle on the boss node, but the battle starts with one of my characters already dead!

Replay ID: 3gfa-1kg619x

Probably already mentioned and well known, but when a replay is bugged, the opponent stats are different to what they actually were.

Here's an example of a fight I just had in the Monthly Prize Fight. Replay ID: 5091-1kjtn9z

The fight pretty much immediately got messed up in the replay. Start the video at 0:13 in order to match up with the original fight

Videos synched side by side for easy comparison: https://viewsync.net/watch?v=Q01dmuY_pSU&t=0.86&v=3aArrU6cTs4&t=13.35&mode=solo

In another fight I had. Everything was 100% the same, up until I used my Marquee. In the above examples, I also used it, but the replay got corrupted a lot earlier. What's interesting, is that the buffs the AI gets from the Prize Fight are completely different.

Last edited:
user: ksndızjaka
my id: 08fj-gjcmf
replay id: 293o-1kqt6mi

i dont really think this one needs an explanation if u watch the replay but here: when i watch the replat IT IMMEDIATELY tells that i lost. and this happens to my other matches too. every one of em. this happened today and when i checked my replays i saw that my fav replays were REMOVED while i didnt remove them.1000023071.jpg

Reactions: NOTTOXIC
Hello everyone!

We are well aware of the current issues with Replays and how they are not syncing up properly with what you remember from your match.

The best way to catch what is causing your fights to desync from the replay is to record video of your fight on device and then compare it to the replay. There should be a moment where everything is the same and then suddenly switches. For example, we know that when certain Artifacts trigger in Parallel Realms it will desync during the Replay.

Obviously this is extra work and please only compare your own replay videos if you're up for it!

Everyone else, if you have a replay that you know is incorrect, please do the following:

1. Reply here with your SGM username and ID
2. FAVORITE the replay that is incorrect
3. Share that Replay code here
4. Share any other info you have about the fight that's different than what you remember!

Thanks!

B.E.B.
Nightshade7273
3afx-lapa1
Replay id: 3q4k-1krqmzf

I don’t remember the exact moves I did but I never tagged out Val. I used the t3 blockbuster(skull one) and that finished the fight. I never even saw my Ms fortune on screen but it shows that she was tagged in on the replay.