• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Resist Stat Balancing

Zuzuska

Reaction score
Currently in the game, there are 6 types of Resistance stats that can randomly appear on moves:
Bleed, Armor Break, Disable, Stun, Cripple and Crit Resist.
The changes proposed in the OFFICIAL: 2018 PREVIEW are absolutely fantastic, but I'm wondering if there are any plans to re-balance the resist stats?

Resistances start out at 6%, and if you win the lottery and roll it 14 times, you can get that up to 48%.
However, currently they aren't seen as remotely worth it, and are seen more as the bane of collecting perfect moves (ATK% HP% DEF% MTR%) and leveling up a move with resistances is usually a waste of resources.

With defensive team line-ups and rewards on the way, I thought that a huge Big Band that was invulnerable to stuns and the like would be a great asset defensively. Currently with resistances how they are, it's hardly worth leveling up moves with those stats at all.

Not sure exactly HOW to re-balance them though... Maybe others can come up with some ideas?

I mean, they're not worthless, but it might be possible to combine them so that they they don't get to 100% resistance, but you still get more bang for your buck.

An easy one would be to combine armor break and cripple resist, in the same way that all the disable resists are bundled into one stat.

After that it gets harder. Maybe roll stun/crit resist into one stat? Because stun on it's own and crit on it's own are both pretty bad unless you know exactly who you're going up against.

I feel a little weird leaving bleed on it's own, but it is pretty strong debuff in this game. I could imagine a bleed/stun/crit resist though. It'd be sorta the unlucky-hit resist.

That reduces the number of resists to Bleed/Crit/Stun, Disable and Break/Cripple and raises their average utility. You'd also be more likely to get the buffs that people already want (+atk%, etc.)

Reactions: Zuzuska
Currently in the game, there are 6 types of Resistance stats that can randomly appear on moves:
Bleed, Armor Break, Disable, Stun, Cripple and Crit Resist.
The changes proposed in the OFFICIAL: 2018 PREVIEW are absolutely fantastic, but I'm wondering if there are any plans to re-balance the resist stats?

Resistances start out at 6%, and if you win the lottery and roll it 14 times, you can get that up to 48%.
However, currently they aren't seen as remotely worth it, and are seen more as the bane of collecting perfect moves (ATK% HP% DEF% MTR%) and leveling up a move with resistances is usually a waste of resources.

With defensive team line-ups and rewards on the way, I thought that a huge Big Band that was invulnerable to stuns and the like would be a great asset defensively. Currently with resistances how they are, it's hardly worth leveling up moves with those stats at all.

Not sure exactly HOW to re-balance them though... Maybe others can come up with some ideas?
Yeah, its a shame to see some stats be preferred over others :( Perhaps rolling all the resists into one stat could be better, but that may not make it that much more desirable.

Bundling them together would be a good idea. It's just that right now, every time I get a move and it has resist % stats. I generally instinctively think "Trash! Crush it into coins!" I also want to throw Element Penalty and Element Bonus onto the chopping block here, being not at all as useful as the aforementioned 4 perfect stats.

Resistances are good enough on its own imo, exclude Cripple resist - this one really seems to be the most useless thing in game due to weakness of effect itself. Cripple cannot stack, cripple makes not too big difference if applied because you still can easily kill AI opponent and he can still one-shot you with BB3 on hight PF streak. Other effects are good and strong, especially when will come up new choose-defence-formation feature.

Resistances are good enough on its own imo, exclude Cripple resist - this one really seems to be the most useless thing in game due to weakness of effect itself. Cripple cannot stack, cripple makes not too big difference if applied because you still can easily kill AI opponent and he can still one-shot you with BB3 on hight PF streak. Other effects are good and strong, especially when will come up new choose-defence-formation feature.
Armor break can't stack either and again, if you're dying to one BB3 then it doesn't matter whether you have it or not. None of the other resists really matter either unless you're fighting someone who's strengths revolves around that mechanic. Its much more worthwhile to invest in HP and Defense for defensive strategies because you need so many resources to get resist to a point where it makes a notable difference. Rolling them all into one makes it easy to build and a lot more worthwhile.

Armor break can't stack either <...>
Armor break is designed to mostly use by players in purposes of removing opponent armor stacks, not for the raw damage amplify, so there is no needs in that thing to stack. As stated above, you can get high roll for armor break resist on 2 stats from 15 possibles, and it'll be already nearly 100% (96%). Just imagine gold Resonant Evil Big Band with 100% AB resist paired with Surgeon General Valentine on high PF streak - he'll be literally unkillable. Or could you disagree with that point?

Armor break is designed to mostly use by players in purposes of removing opponent armor stacks, not for the raw damage amplify, so there is no needs in that thing to stack. As stated above, you can get high roll for armor break resist on 2 stats from 15 possibles, and it'll be already nearly 100% (96%). Just imagine gold Resonant Evil Big Band with 100% AB resist paired with Surgeon General Valentine on high PF streak - he'll be literally unkillable. Or could you disagree with that point?
High damage low hitcount combos could still defeat those kinds of teams? Also you'd need to roll it 28 times. If we assume each stat has a 33.3% chance of being increased, that's 5 upgrades per move, meaning you'd need 6 moves with armorbreak to get it that high. Attack/Defense/HP gives a much more immediate benefit. Bleed resist also follows the same logic, not enough fighters have bleed SAs, and the benefits are small enough to disregard. The fact that its benefits are specifically limited to 2 fighters (RE and AF) means its weak, and even if we're comparing near impossible builds, a attack centered Harlequin build with Surgeon General/Understudy could do a number on those armor break resist REs.

Its like how crit rate is really good on crit based fighters, but you'd never build it over ATK,DEF or HP on regular fighters. Sure, on specific fighters resists may shine, but the benefits aren't as pronounced as crit and its even worse on regular fighters.

I feel like combining all the resists into one is probably way too powerful, both because it's going to make hp% and the rest too common, and who wouldn't choose to be immune to almost all status effects if it was relatively easy to get that? I mean, I can see it'd be what people would want, but making it too easy for people to get exactly what they want sorta kills the game, because you find everything immediately and then... don't really have anything to do.

---

Different topic: I could see rolling the elemental +% and -% into one too, especially since the -% one is currently completely useless for 2 out of 5 elements.

Reactions: Zuzuska and Gerhop
Bundling them together would be a good idea. It's just that right now, every time I get a move and it has resist % stats. I generally instinctively think "Trash! Crush it into coins!" I also want to throw Element Penalty and Element Bonus onto the chopping block here, being not at all as useful as the aforementioned 4 perfect stats.
The elemental bonuses are a perfect build for double.

Ahhhhh! To be honest, I haven't even considered double. I haven't been very lucky in rolling her or her moves, so I've only really fought her on occasion. But I feel that it does still stand that element stats are way lower on the priority list then HP, ATK, DEF and METER GAIN.

Double's CA isn't consistent enough to abuse. The change is random and it doesn't work while being hit when you block.

Double's CA isn't consistent enough to abuse. The change is random and it doesn't work while being hit when you block.
i think Double was made to have players adopt a different playstyle of dashing forward & back to punish and keep an elemental advantage while only blocking when recieving hits or to change element

Reactions: Vairon YALM