• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Reworking suggestion of Dead of Winter

Aoskull

Reaction score
In older versions, Dead of Winter often seen as a defender, but as more powerful defenders were added, her appearances became less frequent, and now she is rarely seen at all.
I feel that increased damage by sig2 isn't very useful as a defender, so I think focusing on her buff as a purely defensive fighter would be a good idea. Here’s my suggestion.

Dead of Winter 🔵
Sig1 - Once per match when defeated, RESURRECT with 25% health and gain 3/4/5 stacks of permanent ARMOR. ARMOR will removed each time she suffered from 5-hit combo.

Sig2 - While benefiting from ARMOR, gain MIASMA for 5/7/10 seconds each time she suffered from 5-hit combo.

- These buffs will allow her to revive quickly when defeated, and her armors will become permanent, harder to remove. The condition for removing her each armor will also be harder, and gain ability to grant miasma.

-After gaining perma armors, she can forces attacker to make a need to inflict 25-hit combo to remove all armors. The conditions for removing armor and gaining miasma are linked together, so unless you take any countermeasures, your health and BB meter will be rapidly drained. Unlike before, they will undoubtedly struggle without any counters, her role as a defender will shine even more! Model Reader would be a great partner with her.

If you have better idea, please comment here to help her!!

Last edited:
I really like her current SA1 tbh. It's quite unique and from memory (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) she can still revive even if she was affected by Hex or hit by Precision.

I like the idea of removing a stack of armor after X combo hits tho

I really like her current SA1 tbh. It's quite unique and from memory (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) she can still revive even if she was affected by Hex or hit by Precision.

I like the idea of removing a stack of armor after X combo hits tho
That’s really make sense. I thought that reviving immediately would increase the threat as a defender, but reviving with a delay is definitely useful for dealing with hex, curse, and precision. The only things that can counter this are non-resurrection effect, Squigly's PA and Marie's mortuary charge.

I personally think 30 seconds delay is a bit long, shorten it a bit would be a good idea. Here’s my second suggestion.

Dead of Winter 🔵(2nd)
Sig1 - Once per match after being dead for 30/25/20 seconds, RESURRECT with 25% health and gain 3/4/5 stacks of permanent ARMOR. ARMOR will removed each time she suffered from 5-hit combo.

Sig2 - While benefiting from ARMOR, gain MIASMA for 5/7/10 seconds each time she suffered from 5-hit combo.

Which do you prefer? Both have their strengths and weaknesses, so I would really like to hear other one’s feedback too!

Last edited:
Reactions: SvenZ and Stone
That’s really make sense. I thought that reviving immediately would increase the threat as a defender, but reviving with a delay is definitely useful for dealing with hex, curse, and precision. The only things that can counter this are non-resurrection effect, Squigly's PA and Marie's mortuary charge.

I personally think 30 seconds delay is a bit long, shorten it a bit would be a good idea. Here’s my second suggestion.

Dead of Winter 🔵(2nd)
Sig1 - Once per match after being dead for 30/25/20 seconds, RESURRECT with 25% health and gain 3/4/5 stacks of permanent ARMOR. ARMOR will removed each time she suffered from 5-hit combo.

Which do you prefer? Both have their strengths and weaknesses, so I would really like to hear other one’s feedback too!
I'm honestly going to miss the bonus damage from the armor, it has its edge cases where it could screw up an attacker with instant tier3. BUT, I will agree that Miasma is overall the much better suited effect here. That bonus damage from Armor can be given to a new variant instead (Heavy Metal maybe?)

I'd honestly increase the Miasma duration. 10 sec feels to low considering the trigger requirements. 5/10/15 maybe?

I like how you tied both SA1 and SA2 effects together with the combo hit requirement.

I'm only not certain on the Resurrection delay. I don't frequent Rifts enough to determine how strong of an impact this would have

Overall, cool remake!

Last edited:
Regarding the SA1 resurrection. What if each time she died, the resurrection delay increases? I think that would balance out the 20 sec resurrect. So on:

1st death = 20 seconds
2nd death = 30 seconds
4th death = 40 seconds
etc...

The frequency of 2 resurrections is still going to be greater than it is now

Regarding the SA1 resurrection. What if each time she died, the resurrection delay increases? I think that would balance out the 20 sec resurrect. So on:

1st death = 20 seconds
2nd death = 30 seconds
4th death = 40 seconds
etc...

The frequency of 2 resurrections is still going to be greater than it is now
- Even though the number of seconds will increase, I think reviving multiple times in one match will be a bit OP especially in the boss node of lift.(There's no precedent yet, so I’m not really sure tbh)
There are some armor-related catalysts and Model Reader in the Rift that are expected to be quite effective even without resurrection.

- I'll post final suggestions soon that includes all the revised suggestions. For her, I'd like to use a 20 seconds delay. Anyway, thank you for your feedback!

- Even though the number of seconds will increase, I think reviving multiple times in one match will be a bit OP especially in the boss node of lift.(There's no precedent yet, so I’m not really sure tbh)
There are some armor-related catalysts and Model Reader in the Rift that are expected to be quite effective even without resurrection.

- I'll post final suggestions soon that includes all the revised suggestions. For her, I'd like to use a 20 seconds delay. Anyway, thank you for your feedback!
But multiple revives is DoW's main gimmick

I didn't notice you changed it to "once per match". I'm completely against that