• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Rift Attacker Diversity

Dusty00

Reaction score
Others have said this elsewhere but I’m making an official list to suggest, hopefully for 3.6.

It seems like with Def diversity as part of the initial Rift design that the core belief is for players to play with a wide and varied collection. Def diversity works quite well as we rarely see players using more than two of the same variant on def map. The occasional Surgeon General and Resonant Evil.

Since the patch where we can view what teams opponents bring to clear maps, it’s become very transparent that a few variants are the most potent in rift offense. They are:

Sketchy
Surgeon General
Xenomorph
Silent Kill

Sketchy is the most abused. Even with the recent nerf we still see people using 6 different sketchies per rift fight.

SG is more difficult to obtain so only those who have it would have multiple gold copies used instead of using Sketchy.

Xeno doom is something Pork Fat uses to clear rift maps. Apparently he has 3 or 4 diamond copies.

Silent Kill is relatively easy to obtain and can be abused against some of the most difficult catalysts and defense nodes.

For the health of rift and the goal of diversity, please implement a attacker diversity penalty so that rift is more balanced and challenging, requiring players to make choices rather than brute force through maps with multiple copies of the best variants.

Third this.

And not only pork fat, previous two rift matches were lost as a direct result to this. Both of them were at diamond 1. First one used 2 xenomorph and 3 marqueed surgeon general. Second one used 4 surgeon general. They basically get free wins on triple nodes.

How bout only one copy of each variant can be used in offense? Have 3 xenomorph? Can only use one. Have 4 surgeon general? Pick one.

This could subsequently enable the possibility of bringing sketchy's pre-nerf s.a. back and adjust the buff/debuff time to 10 seconds instead of 15. Since the prime issue with sketchy was and still is, abusing multiple copy.

Edit : this will create a new issue of abusing catalysts.
E.g. people already makes 6 nodes with frost armour. Or 4 nodes with bleed. Not everyone is going to have 6 different sets of anti-armour unit or 3 different i.c.u. valentine and blood bath. To prevent this, catalyst diversity or something similar might work. Want to make several armour nodes? There's frost armour, high waters, normal and character specific armour catalysts. However, it won't be easy to abuse.

Last edited:
Sketchy is the one that need it since is a bronze fighter and can be purchased for only 30000 canopy coins, i will limit her only to one fight, not two. Or if the opponent that abused Sketchy is winning only for her help, the node (or nodes) shouldn't be counted as finished or give 0 points.
The others are more difficult to obtain since gold tier. I have both of them and 90% of the times (maybe more) that I use Xenomorph (usually against a team of Big Band with futile resistance) I finish the fight without doom expiring or even without applying it. I use Surgeon General in team with Poltergust, usually she's not very difficult to deal against. Silent Kill is very useful against some characters (mainly Dread Locks, Overclocked, marqueed Painwheel, Heavy Metal) and a couple of catalyst/nodes. On the other side her attack compared to the other two is very low, so even if she can make a couple of mistakes more than other fighters she will risck to loseb y time out or because she gave too much meter to the enemy.
I second also the huge abuse of defense catalysts (also the lights, Fortune and Big Band's), the system should forbid to use more than once the same catalyst.

For the health of rift and the goal of diversity, please implement a attacker diversity penalty so that rift is more balanced and challenging, requiring players to make choices rather than brute force through maps with multiple copies of the best variants.

I sixth this! Please implement. It would be as simple as adding a replicate of defender diversity point system, and it would really really help rift diversity. It wont be an outright killing off any advantage of players with multiple copies of SS tier characters like xeno, but it would be a small penalty to discourage (100 point penalty vs the 250 point penalty of reusing fighter).

Reactions: Diony
I sixth this! Please implement. It would be as simple as adding a replicate of defender diversity point system, and it would really really help rift diversity. It wont be an outright killing off any advantage of players with multiple copies of SS tier characters like xeno, but it would be a small penalty to discourage (100 point penalty vs the 250 point penalty of reusing fighter).
Good Suggestion

Reactions: Robokit