Might as well add canopy coins, but maybe make it 2,500 or more per fight.
Haha I hope so. Coin incentive is defo a big draw for players currently staying away from rifts. Canopy coins are conspicuously missing from the weekly package of rift ranking rewards. But this may be due to rift coins kinda serving as an alternative currency to capony coins.
Grinding for skill points to max MAs, grinding for coins to lv15 moves, grind diamond shards to only get dupes of diamonds month after month, hoping to get that one natural diamond you want.What are high level players doing if they’re not in rifts? That’s the end game mode. You can only collect so many of the same PF variant.
Grinding for skill points to max MAs, grinding for coins to lv15 moves, grind diamond shards to only get dupes of diamonds month after month, hoping to get that one natural diamond you want.
Yes, more on participation and not on winning. The worst culprit in the current reward system is the streak for up to 3x, which gives a lot of rift coins.I do agree that one of the things pushing people away from rifts is the low rewards per fight. However, I'm not sure I agree that Canopy coins is the way to rebalance it.
Ideally, the rewards per fight in rift battles would be enough to encourage folks to:
...even at lower ranks.
- Play more than just the bare minimum of 5 battles per week
- Try and beat some one else's entire rift even if they know they're gonna lose the battle
- Not worry so much about ranking and final score at the end of the week, and just focus on completing matches
Right now, I'm pretty sure the only folks who bother with more than 5 battles per week are:
Tbh, my thought is that maybe the way to do this would be to increase the number of Rift Coins earned per battle. They're super useful, and part of what scares folks off from Rift is that, unless your ranking is super high, the number of Rift Coins earned per battle and the Season Rewards just aren't worth the effort. The current system makes winning matter more than participation, which is part of what makes it so annoying when you lose due to stupid things like hackers or little messups, which scares people off because ~it's not worth participating unless you win~, especially since the margins in Bronze / low Silver are razor thin so even one loss can potentially push you down a rank. Tbh, we'd see a lot more participation if participation itself mattered more.
- Gold / Diamond players, where the rewards per fight / battle are worth it (4rc for gold / 5rc for Dia, but Idk their Win rewards though, I'd love it if someone could give me those numbers), and the rank differences are far enough apart that a they don't have to worry about losing rank just by losing one battle unless they were on the margin to begin with.
- Folks who are teetering on the cutoff between one rank and another, and want to secure their position at a higher rank.
- Hackers, trying to get a fast track to the top to get those juicy Gold / Diamond rewards.
I think raising the amount of RCs per battle to (a decent base number, maybe 3-5) + (the current amount you win based on rank), and lowering the Season and Battle Win rewards to balance things out would go a long way. Y'know, focus on rewarding participation, and make winning the battle an extra bonus. I think all other Season Rewards should probably stay the same though, so that overall winning and higher ranks are still rewarded appropriately, so that it's worth it to try and climb the ranks.